Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use build 6546 for almost any game and it works great,giving me a solid 30fps in zelda,been using it for sometime now,no problems.
(08-10-2011, 09:12 PM)DarzgL Wrote: [ -> ]????
No, the ray effects don't break when the internal rez gets higher. They used to work fine at any internal rez in previous revs, and they do too in post-3.0 revs, so I was only wondering why they're broken in 3.0.

The recent revisions utilizes improved pixel shaders from high-end GPUs (at least in version 3.0). Dolphin Version 3.0 most likely left that one out and reverted to the old pixel shaders because there aren't many rich delinquents or morons who can afford a $200 GFX card. Even so, I don't think many people cares, nor do I.

I still think it's fixable, but I'll let the devs do whatever the hell they want.

Quote:And what is "the shadow effect of the map" ? If you speak about the strange halo that appears around the map on my screens, it's a glitch that appears only when using DX11, as well as the blurred screen borders. BTW, since when is tesselation needed to render shadows ? Huh The tesselation's role is to create new geometry from already existing one, it barely has anything to do with shadow rendering, amirite ?
And these bugs have nothing to do with AA, I never enable it anyway since it's very demanding.

Do you not see the black borders on the map when using DX11 (copy to RAM)??? Tessellation has a lot to do with it. Using the shadow effects itself will cause overlapping and will make the map look butt-ugly. Think of it as a tiling effect.

The black borders on the map are present when playing this game with GC/Wii. The API from the GC/Wii GPU incidentally supports tessellation. Look harder.

Quote:The recent revisions utilizes improved pixel shaders from high-end GPUs (at least in version 3.0). Dolphin Version 3.0 most likely left that one out and reverted to the old pixel shaders because there aren't many rich delinquents or morons who can afford a $200 GFX card. Even so, I don't think many people cares, nor do I.

Completely wrong. Sun rays work fine in 3.0 with the correct settings.

Quote:Do you not see the black borders on the map when using DX11 (copy to RAM)??? Tessellation has a lot to do with it. Using the shadow effects itself will cause overlapping and will make the map look butt-ugly. Think of it as a tiling effect.

The black borders on the map are present when playing this game with GC/Wii. The API from the GC/Wii GPU incidentally supports tessellation. Look harder.

Also completely wrong. At least according to neobrain (the dev you wrote the d3d11 plugin). This has absolutely nothing to do with tessellation.

Please stop making the developers laugh. Fact check anything you're about to post, or if you can't then just go on irc and ask the devs about it before you post.
Just found out that the problem was coming from AF... Just had to turn it to 1x and everything's fine now. Smile
However I heard many people saying that DX11 was faster than DX9 in recent revs, but DX9 is still faster than DX11 for me, even though I have a DX11 compliant card.
@gaia : the so-called "improved pixel shaders" you're talking about are present in any recent $50 chip. BTW I don't know where you found all this information, but it's rather unreliable. I highly doubt the GC/Wii use hardware tesselation. Get your facts straight before bragging and despising the devs.
does dolphin still crash when you try to use the stones and whistle while as a dog. it always crashs for me when i try to initate that.
I've done one howling stone and it didn't crash, the one around the goron area.
it crashed for me there a lot, although i was using a much older build. what build did you use.
7671 currently
(08-13-2011, 03:18 AM)stunt789 Wrote: [ -> ]it crashed for me there a lot, although i was using a much older build. what build did you use.

How old was this rev ? I've been playing 50% of the game on r6239 and I never got any crash.

Kamikoopa

Hey guys,

I have been using Dolphin and playing Twilight Princess which absolutely no problems, 100%, 30FPS, all good.

Over time the music / sound affects would start to play up and sound odd, but I ignored it.
Now, recently after getting to the Twilight Mirror for the first time, the whole game has gone completely bugged music wise...

1- Sound effects are now missing
2- Bleeps and bloops from menu interaction etc
3- Music popping in and out but mostly completely gone

I loaded an older save and it was completely back to normal, all sound effects and music perfect, loaded the most recent save after the Twilight Mirror scene and all missing

Played with DSP settings or whatever, cannot fix.
Tried Dolphin 3.0 and the latest R7 or whatever, cannot fix

[EDIT] - Instead of loading a save state, I loaded the game from the memory card A, and now all music / sound effects back to normal, odd.