Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i played it for a while and i had no problems with the music, the game runs fullspeed always (except for hyrule field of course)

-Wildcat-

Hello.

I'm a emulation newbie... I've been trying to play Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. However, I can never get past the start screen. I've read several of the stickies under the support forum, and believe I have my keys set up correctly, but it still doesn't seem to work for me.

Does anyone have experience playing this game with a mouse/keyboard? Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

I may need to add that this is the Wii version.
(09-11-2010, 06:30 AM)channjose Wrote: [ -> ]i played it for a while and i had no problems with the music, the game runs fullspeed always (except for hyrule field of course)

Then you must have not played the game on the actual hardware..

There is a problem with music, such as during the cutscenes where there will suddenly be no music or it will stop partway through. Then there are some areas in the game that use the AFC decoder and music will stop at the end when the music is supposed to keep looping.

It's a widely known and reported issue, so it's near impossible that you aren't having any issues. That just tells me you've never played the game on the actual hardware, or just haven't got far enough in the game yet.

Generally music will be fine since the AFC decoder is used very little in this game compared to Super Mario Galaxy 1/2. However the music that plays fine still doesn't match the output produced by the actual hardware, it's still a ways from being perfect.

Quote:Does anyone have experience playing this game with a mouse/keyboard? Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

I may need to add that this is the Wii version.

We cannot help you until you tell us your settings and what revision your using. I also don't exactly understand your problem. You say you cannot get past the start screen, what happens? Does it give you a black screen or an error message or are you saying your hitting the keys and nothing is happening?
i dont know why but the wii version runs alot of better and with sound im guessing wii uses lower resolution textures and low poly models cause re4 wii runs perfectly 30 fps but when i try re4 gc it runs slow i nned to decrease alot of display res to have it working 30 fps Big Grin
(09-14-2010, 04:21 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2010, 06:30 AM)channjose Wrote: [ -> ]i played it for a while and i had no problems with the music, the game runs fullspeed always (except for hyrule field of course)

Then you must have not played the game on the actual hardware..

There is a problem with music, such as during the cutscenes where there will suddenly be no music or it will stop partway through. Then there are some areas in the game that use the AFC decoder and music will stop at the end when the music is supposed to keep looping.

It's a widely known and reported issue, so it's near impossible that you are having any issues. That just tells me you've never played the game on the actual hardware, or just haven't got far enough in the game yet.

Generally music will be fine since the AFC decoder is used very little in this game compared to Super Mario Galaxy 1/2. However the music that plays fine still doesn't match the output produced by the actual hardware, it's still a ways from being perfect.

The same problem occurs in the Wii version of this game?

Both the Wii and the Gamecube versions..

-Wildcat-

I'm using the official (2.0) release. The first time I loaded the game, after setting up my keys, I was actually able to push "start" (a+b), then it asked if I wanted to use the nunchuck, and I couldn't get past that point. I then disabled the Wiimote plugin, and my keys wouldn't work at all. I enabled it again, but was never able to get past the title screen (where you push a+b to start).

Attached is my key configurations, let me know if you need additional screenshots. As previously stated, I'm new to this.
(09-14-2010, 08:17 AM)-Wildcat- Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using the official (2.0) release. The first time I loaded the game, after setting up my keys, I was actually able to push "start" (a+b), then it asked if I wanted to use the nunchuck, and I couldn't get past that point. I then disabled the Wiimote plugin, and my keys wouldn't work at all. I enabled it again, but was never able to get past the title screen (where you push a+b to start).

Attached is my key configurations, let me know if you need additional screenshots. As previously stated, I'm new to this.

LOL. (Sorry for being a jerk, but I just had to)

You're using the Gamecube setup. That was why your keys didn't work in the first place. Use the Wii setup (under Wiimote settings). Also make sure to enable the Nunchuck (under Emulated Extension after clicking Wiimote settings). You'll also have to make some adjustments under Button Mapping (button).

I played the game with only my keyboard and mouse. So if you need help on how to do the spin attack, shield attack, etc., let me know.

Also, it is best to download the revision that is optimized for ZTP.

channjose: No offense, but you are full of it. Play the whole game, ok?

-Wildcat-

LMAO! Told you I'm a noob. Thanks for the help gaiachaos. I'll give that a shot. If I can't figure out how to use the spin or shield attack, I'll PM you or something.

Anyone know which release works best with Twilight Princess without me reading through the 80 pages on this thread? Also, is there anything you have to do to use multiple versions of the Dolphin platform?