Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

trena

Hi! I've got terrible performance on my PC - about 20 fps mostly(in dungeons its OK 20-30), but it drops to 10 fps on Hyrule field. It becomes practically unplayable. Could someone help?

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad @ 2.4G - Q6600
ram: 2GB
gpu: Nvidia 8800 GT
sys: Vista Home Premium 32bit SP2

Dolphin r7128:
general: dual core, idle skipping, JIT
gfx: 720x576, Direct3D9, load native mipmaps, EFB scaled copy, scale=x1, cpu acces, format changes, EFB copy to ram; cache(<-copy to texture doesn't help too much)
audio: HLE

D3D11 and OpenGL works same or worse.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess English
Hyrule field is a problem in the most twilight princess videogamers. I downloaded a SVN with special "twilight princess D3D9 plugin" and i got 20 FPS in hyrule field and before i got only 13-15 FPS with the last dolphin-emu.org SVN.

the question is... what happened?
why i got more speed in the game with this "special plugin"?

my specs

CPU: Intel i3 Core M330 @2.13 GHz 2.13GHz
ram: 4GB
gpu: Nvidia Geforce 310M 512 MB
sys: Windows 7 x64
Quote:CPU: Intel Core2 Quad @ 2.4G - Q6600

Get a good aftermarket air cooler if you don't have one already. Set the FSB to 1422 and the FSB:mem ratio to unlinked. This will OC it to 3.2GHz.

@Trena

General settings:
Turn on lock threads to cores, use jitil instead of jit (it's faster in a 32 bit environment), set the framelimit to 30, check use fps for limiting.

DSP settings:
Turn off audio throttle.

Graphics settings:
Turn off emulate format changes, set efb copy to texture

Game properties:
Right click the game in dolphin and click game properties. Make sure the box next to "ZTP hack" is checked instead of filled in.

@dieguex

The plugin probably had the ZTP speedup hack added and enabled. I'll elaborate on what it does later when I have time.

marcjank

Hello,

I think there was a serious regression in Dolphin r7181.
My screen was not doing this before (see screenshot), just started after the latest update, and it happens regardless of settings.

Using an Asus UL50-VT with Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit.

Can anyone confirm this?
Which dolphin version do people typically get the best performance on?

Thanks,
Jank
Not getting that issue. Make sure xfb, accurate texture cache, and emulate format changes are all off. Set efb copy to texture.

Quote:Which dolphin version do people typically get the best performance on?

Typically older revisions are faster than newer revisions but have more bugs and less accuracy. However most revisions have exactly the same performance as most other revisions with the same settings.

marcjank

(02-20-2011, 06:18 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Not getting that issue. Make sure xfb, accurate texture cache, and emulate format changes are all off. Set efb copy to texture.

Quote:Which dolphin version do people typically get the best performance on?

Typically older revisions are faster than newer revisions but have more bugs and less accuracy. However most revisions have exactly the same performance as most other revisions with the same settings.

Ah! it was the accurate texture cache. Thank you.

sensasi

Hello guys,

Can you tell me how to configure the wiimote and nunchuck so I can fish?
With my current configuration, I can only trigger the "fish on" text.

Here's my configuration:
Wiimote:
[Image: wiimote.jpg]

Nunchuck:
[Image: nunchuck.jpg]

The fishing video:
Fishing

In the first fish on, I pressed "h". The second one, I pressed "y".

hey does anyone else get a compiling error right after leaving the castle talking to the princess the second time (after the water temple where they tell u to go get the master sword)

windows 7 x64 i had version 7026 and updated to 7216 today and it does the same thing

Edit: i went back a couple pages to see if anyone had the same problem and they just skipped the cut scene so i m just gonna go ahead and try that

edit 2: well now that i got outta the castle i got that compiling error again when i went up to the whistling stone outside sacred grove

i also decided to continue on after that howling stone and when i got to the part where i need to howl to start the puzzle to get in i cant cause i get the same error

josiano

hello and thanks for the good work.

although the game seems to run great on my macbook pro-3.1 (with 10.5.8 and r-7216), most of the main characters are invisible (ie Link is a ghost).

I went through most of the threads and didn't find anything related to this.

any help (or link to some known fix that I'd have missed) is greatly appreciated.

cheers,
_j

trena

(02-21-2011, 02:10 PM)kmmgreen5 Wrote: [ -> ]i also decided to continue on after that howling stone and when i got to the part where i need to howl to start the puzzle to get in i cant cause i get the same error

Howling stones almost always crash my emulator too. Try use DSP LLE interpreter - its terrible laggy, but after successful howling:) you can switch back to HLE.