Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yay, let's drive NaturalViolence mad *g* Big Grin

Badotti

My configuration is C2D e4400@2.9ghz, Geforce 8500GT ...

I'm trying to run Zelda ... With the latest versions of the game runs slow. Even putting in 640x480. If using version 2.0 the game runs 30fps.

Version 2.0 is actually better for slower computers?
(01-30-2011, 03:27 AM)Badotti Wrote: [ -> ]My configuration is C2D e4400@2.9ghz, Geforce 8500GT ...

I'm trying to run Zelda ... With the latest versions of the game runs slow. Even putting in 640x480. If using version 2.0 the game runs 30fps.

No it isn't, since it doesn't include the ZTP speed hack which makes Hyrule field playable on good rigs. You should try an early 6xxx build.
But don't expect the game to run flawlessly, your GPU is weak is so is your CPU.

Badotti

(01-30-2011, 04:12 AM)DarzgL Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-30-2011, 03:27 AM)Badotti Wrote: [ -> ]My configuration is C2D e4400@2.9ghz, Geforce 8500GT ...

No it isn't, since it doesn't include the ZTP speed hack which makes Hyrule field playable on good rigs. You should try an early 6xxx build.
But don't expect the game to run flawlessly, your GPU is weak is so is your CPU.

I tested all the settings with the latest versions. Always runs slow even at 640x480. With version 2.0, runs perfect at 1024x768 ...

: (
Try 6075. That's the earliest revision that includes the ZTP hack. TP really hasn't improved since then. Also make sure you're using efb to texture.

Quote:Yay, let's drive NaturalViolence mad *g* Big Grin

My face:
[Image: 1246301427700.jpg]
Badotti:

Before you complain about the slow speed in dolphin, the first thing you should do is take a look at your computer hardware specs. Your graphic card is sh1t; it's a low end graphic card and you are expecting a lot from a sh1tty card. Why are other people running full speed and beyond and not you? The differences lies in the hardware specs.

Badotti

(01-30-2011, 09:05 AM)tuanming Wrote: [ -> ]Badotti:

Before you complain about the slow speed in dolphin, the first thing you should do is take a look at your computer hardware specs. Your graphic card is sh1t; it's a low end graphic card and you are expecting a lot from a sh1tty card. Why are other people running full speed and beyond and not you? The differences lies in the hardware specs.

Yes .. I know my setup is weak. But do not understand how in version 2.0 runs good, and the new versions do not run.

What would be a cost-benefit configuration to run the dolphin?

Thanks
Just buy a better video card. Even a 9500GT would be fine for native resolution.

Also the default configuration has probably changed since 2.0. Make sure emulate format changes is off and efb copy is set to texture in the newer revision.
(01-30-2011, 09:33 AM)Badotti Wrote: [ -> ]Yes .. I know my setup is weak. But do not understand how in version 2.0 runs good, and the new versions do not run.

What would be a cost-benefit configuration to run the dolphin?

Thanks

Dolphin 2.0 and the latest version or revision of dolphin are vastly different due to various improvements. One of which is the more accurate emulation of the Wii/Gamcube console. A more accurate emulating will required faster hardware and this will cause problems for people like you who have low end hardware.

@NaturalViolence

A 8500GT probably won't play all games at full speed or playable fps even at native res with is specs. Just my hunch... I can't imagine anything below a 8600 gt playing dolphin and hope to achieve playable frame rate.
@tuanming

It depends on the game. Some games will run with 9xSSAA and 2x efb scale even on a 9400gt without slowdowns, I kid you not. A Link to the past actually did a really good job with that gpu benchmark since that seems to be a very good approximation of the absolute max per pixel gpu load that dolphin can deliver. Simply put if you could pull 60 fps with 3x efb scale + 4xSSAA in that benchmark you can probably do it in any game.

I'm not totally sure how demanding WW is on the gpu, I suppose I could figure that out with some quick math though.

Edit: Ok yeah this game is really demanding on the gpu. Even more so than the mario kart benchmark. Outset island is nearly twice as demanding on the gpu as the mario kart benchmark, I didn't even think that was possible.