Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

sideswipe91

Hey guys!

Just dropping in for some advice on getting to play TP in 1080p smoothly.

Here's my specs:
Linux but am buying Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SPC1
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ processors (2 cpu cores) (version 2.20.00)
RAM: 4gb
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForceĀ® 9600GT 512MB GV-N96TGR-512I

I have no idea what motherboard i have though, i know its an AMD something.

I'm guessing this won't be able to it in 1080p smoothly? What would you recommend I upgrade in the bare minimum to play? I've seen people talking about the intel sandybridge 3.4ghz but I don't think that'll work with my motherboard. Any help would be much appreciated

(12-05-2011, 07:00 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]There are three known ways to get rid of the bloom offset (the "double ghost image" as you call it):
1. Use an early revision with a projection hack (not recommended)
2. Use a recent revision with efb to ram and 1x internal resolution, the higher your internal resolution is set the worse the offset will get
3. Use a texture cache rewrite build, this will enable you to use higher than native resolutions without a bloom offset but may cause issues in other games

The only way to get a properly working minimap is to use a recent revision with efb to ram or a texture cache rewrite build (which will allow the minimap to work properly with efb to texture buy may cause issues in other games).

i tried your 3rd option with the texture cache build, i subbed the dolphin.exe. and replaced my v3.0 one. the game works good now with map, but bloom seems to be completely absent. i then messed with OpenGL as the setting and its all good now. What is the difference between using D3D9 and OpenGL? which is better.
Personally, Direct3D9 since it's faster and yields way better performance then OpenGL
Depends on the GPU. For MOST systems d3d9 is faster.

Quote:I have no idea what motherboard i have though, i know its an AMD something.

Well we need to know that. You need a better cpu but your motherboard may or may not support a drop in upgrade to a phenom II.
Is the Wii version of this game playable with GCN controls?
(12-08-2011, 01:19 PM)natbad Wrote: [ -> ]Is the Wii version of this game playable with GCN controls?

No.

e101gamma

Hey guys, extremely new to this emulation scene. Anyways. I'm using the newest build and following the wiki have done what it says to get rid of the quarter screen blur thing.... but it is still there, anybody know what gives?

And like I said, I'm new so maybe I'm overlooking it, but is there a 'definitive' version/settings to play this on? I've tried a couple of various recommended ones will varying results.

This newest version I have good frame rate on, but this blurriness is killing me.

Thanks.
What are your specs? Have you tried Dolphin 3.0?
Hey guys, any working widescreen hack out yet? It looks gorgeous, but if you stretch it it looks cheap. Sad
Either use the wii version or turn on widescreen hack. The latter will cause issues because it's a hack.