Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did some more test... And lags become reals in every "outside" scene... In a dungeon, no problem at all, the game run just fine at 100%... In the Hyrule field, where the area is very large I can understand it, but in even in small villages and near the lake you see at the beginning of the game I drop down to 14 FPS... And this is also happening in scenematics... Is that really has something to do with my config or is that a bug ??? Because it seems that indoor places whatever their size is do not cause this... :???:
(05-07-2010, 03:38 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Sup,

I was wondering whats the best dolphin version to play this game, my FPS is droping to 80% in the first village, is that normal?

Thank you

Well what build are you using now? And what settings?

Using the 2.0 version, with the recommended settings from this topic
Ok, now that's really weird : in the Hyrule field, I'm playing the game around 95% of its full speed, whereas ine the Firone's Forest I'm at 50%... That can't be my hardware, can't it ? And when I'm on the "dark side" (sunset maybe in the english version, dunno Smile ), I'm around 70% That can be due to all the graphics effects from that world, that's really better than the forest...
Quote:Using the 2.0 version, with the recommended settings from this topic

If you want to get fullspeed in areas like that with your rig you need to be using the 64 bit builds of dolphin on 64 bit win 7. Otherwise you will get some fps drops like that from time to time.

@LTOURIST

Everything you have said so far is completely normal for someone with an average system.
ok... In that case, I would know why their are these differences in the frame rate ? (just for my personnal culture Smile )
And do not insult my system like that! ^^ I know it's quite old now, but what, HE is an old man, so you own him respect Big Grin

Just to know also, I may have the occassion to get a q6600 for (almost) free... Is there a chance that this cpu could help me in my quest ? Smile Or is it the whole system that should be replaced (cpu, graphic) ?
More cores won't help much (if at all) in dolphin, you need more Hz.

I've solved the infinte spinner problem (well sort of), spinning endlessly is fun... :p
Quote:ok... In that case, I would know why their are these differences in the frame rate ? (just for my personnal culture )
And do not insult my system like that! ^^ I know it's quite old now, but what, HE is an old man, so you own him respect

Just to know also, I may have the occassion to get a q6600 for (almost) free... Is there a chance that this cpu could help me in my quest ? Or is it the whole system that should be replaced (cpu, graphic) ?

Well you haven't actually told me anything about your system yet, including specs. I was just saying that for an average system those are typical framerates. What are you current specs?
I'm experiencing a little problem with TP. After reading in this thread that the bloom-hack actually slows down the game and messes with the mini-map, I turned it off. The game sped up immediately, running at speeds between 95% and 100% (yay), instead of 80%. However, the map is now kind of... greyed out. Any idea what is causing this?
I'm running the latest stable build, so that'd be Dolphin 2.0 64 bit, on Windows 7.
Quote:However, the map is now kind of... greyed out. Any idea what is causing this?

I sware I've answered this question 5,000 times now. Your map is discolored because your using copy efb to texture. Using copy efb to ram will fix this but it will make the top left corner of the game blurry, so you have to choose which problem you would prefer to live with because at the moment their isn't any way to fix both without hacks (which causes significantly worse problems).
(05-07-2010, 02:24 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Using the 2.0 version, with the recommended settings from this topic

If you want to get fullspeed in areas like that with your rig you need to be using the 64 bit builds of dolphin on 64 bit win 7. Otherwise you will get some fps drops like that from time to time.

@LTOURIST

Everything you have said so far is completely normal for someone with an average system.

Ok. Thanks