Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-01-2012, 12:26 AM)tysonrss Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2012, 10:33 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:When I immediately saw "Hyrule Field" on my screen, I got nervous, but it all seems good

In the beginning but the farther you'll be in the game the slower it'll tend to be

You're joking...

I did notice some slowdown when I got Epona.

And it's gonna get worse Big Grin
Thaaat's juusst great.

And the game is so much fun too..my favorite Zelda game now.
Strange things going on. Suddenly I'm only getting ~22 fps during the intro cutscene (after you must input your name), it was always running at full speed before and I didn't change any settings or other stuff.

Weird.
You should get a discrete graphics card and check that your cpu/IGP aren't overheating.
Can anyone verify this for me? My game crashes as soon as the minigame "STAR Contest" begins. It happens on the latest revision, I'd just like to see if it is me or everyone.

My previous revision, which is 3.0 376, and also a "dirty", does not experience this crash.
Hi guys. I wanted to play this game on Dolphin, and it seems to be working pretty well, the only thing bothering me is that music has missing instruments. I noticed this because I also played this game on my real Wii before.

You can test if the music is right by playing the game on a real GC\Wii or by going to youtube and search some music tracks from this game. It's very noticeable even in the starting village's music.

Also, using LLE (files ripped from my Wii) the emulator usually hangs within a few seconds, so I can't even test if the music is fixed using it.

Do you think that's normal?

I'd really like to play this game with all the improvements an emulator can bring, but also with the music not sounding like crap.

Anyway, I'm using the latest version from the official site, x64 version, and other than that and some minor defect in the map, the game runs well. The game is the european version.
Quote:and other than that and some minor defect in the map
Set EFB Copies to RAM to fix this.

Quote:Also, using LLE (files ripped from my Wii) the emulator usually hangs within a few seconds, so I can't even test if the music is fixed using it.
Where have you placed the files? Does it hang at the same place?
What are your specs?
The only way to get "perfect" sound is to use LLE.
The game is playable with HLE of course but with some sound issues as you could already notice
(07-08-2012, 09:38 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:and other than that and some minor defect in the map
Set EFB Copies to RAM to fix this.

Quote:Also, using LLE (files ripped from my Wii) the emulator usually hangs within a few seconds, so I can't even test if the music is fixed using it.
Where have you placed the files? Does it hang at the same place?

I put the files where the emulator needs them. I can get as far as the file selection menu, but sometimes it hangs even before that (intro, which has no music by the way).

(07-08-2012, 09:39 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]What are your specs?
The only way to get "perfect" sound is to use LLE.
The game is playable with HLE of course but with some sound issues as you could already notice

I have an overclocked Q9550 (3.5Ghz). I'm not sure if it's powerful enough to emulate LLE in this game, I can't even tell considering it hangs within a few seconds for whatever reason.

Anyway, do you think anyone is working on optimizing LLE or something like that? This emulator has so much potential but requiring some 4Ghz monster processor to emulate some crappy midi music prevents it to be as awesome as PCSX2, imo. Of course I don't want to criticize the developers, but I think they should work on optimizing sound at this point, considering graphics work well in like 99% of games.
I'm getting only 78-85% in Hyrule field, In Dungeons and other areas I mostly get 98-100%, any way to speed up the game in Hyrule field?