Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Maltus

Are you using a laptop and if so have you cleaned it recently? Otherwise it is probably a memory leak and changing revisions will likely fix the problem.
(07-31-2010, 08:07 PM)DemonHunter Wrote: [ -> ]So if that's the only sound issue you're having, you're damn lucky xD

Every person who played TP with the Dolphin emulator must have encountered sound problems. It's not just the BGM, but many sound effects in the game.

It's not a big deal for me, because I don't expect anyone to crack the dilemma in a short period of time.
@NaturalViolence
I'm not playing on laptop so I assume too that It's some kind of memory Leak.

As it's the first time I'm trying to play this game on Dolphin I wasn't too sure if it was specific to that rev or if it was a know problem.
Quote:As it's the first time I'm trying to play this game on Dolphin I wasn't too sure if it was specific to that rev or if it was a know problem.

Either that or something in your system is being throttled down by temperature. Only two immediate explanations I can think of off the top of my head.
Hum never been above 60°C for both cpu and gpu.
But i've noticed the same problem is happening with arc rise fantasia on rev 5987.
Maybe something with my conf... really strange.

BTW :
CPU : E8600 @ 4 Ghz
GPU : HD 5870
RAM : 4 Go
Windows 7 x64
Have you tried an older revision to see if the problem goes away?

Lateralus13

I need help on how to get this game to run at max speed and still look great. I am new to the forums, and haven't been able to play this game before. This is my computer specs. Please help me!
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core QL-64 2.10 GHz
4GB RAM
64-bit OS
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics Card.

Note: It will not let me choose the direct3d plugin. I don't know why. I have Directx11 drivers downloaded.

Lateralus13

(08-02-2010, 04:41 PM)Lateralus13 Wrote: [ -> ]I need help on how to get this game to run at max speed and still look great. I am new to the forums, and haven't been able to play this game before. This is my computer specs. Please help me!
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core QL-64 2.10 GHz
4GB RAM
64-bit OS
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics Card.

Note: It will not let me choose the direct3d plugin. I don't know why. I have Directx11 drivers downloaded.

I have a different revision for directx9 and would like the smoothest setup for this. i have been working on this shit for like a day now lol.
(08-02-2010, 05:47 AM)Maltus Wrote: [ -> ]Hum never been above 60°C for both cpu and gpu.
But i've noticed the same problem is happening with arc rise fantasia on rev 5987.
Maybe something with my conf... really strange.

BTW :
CPU : E8600 @ 4 Ghz
GPU : HD 5870
RAM : 4 Go
Windows 7 x64

No, your graphics card is overheating, so apparently it is throttling the performance to keep the temperature in check.

Also check your capacitors in your graphics card. If you see any of them cracked, the graphics card is going to be a goner due to overvoltage. A lot of the newer models suck now because the greedy companies are like...using cheap capacitors. You are really better off buying the older models. I only bought mine for $50 and you can check my youtube videos. Works pretty well.
Quote:No, your graphics card is overheating, so apparently it is throttling the performance to keep the temperature in check.

And what magic did you use to figure that out? He just said his gpu is not going about 60 C and how do you even know the gpu is the bottleneck? Sorry if I sound rude but their is no way you could know that from the info he has given so far unless you are either guessing or pulling it out of your a**. Even if you end up being right their is no way you can make that assumption now.

Quote: A lot of the newer models suck now because the greedy companies are like...using cheap capacitors.

Actually capacitors have gotten a lot better in video cards over the last 5 years. I remember in 2005/2006 when having solid state capacitors in a video card was extremely rare.

Quote:I need help on how to get this game to run at max speed and still look great.

That's not possible with your cpu or gpu. Sorry but you need a better cpu AND gpu before you can get 100% speed.