Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-14-2010, 01:58 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Even 980x is not able to cope with that... Rent a NASA Supercomputer Wink

That is incorrect. An overclocked i3/i5/i7 can run hyrule field at fullspeed late game if the speed hack is used. In old revisions it can even do it without the speed hack. I have seen it personally when I was working with jads on a benchmarking project a few months ago.

Quite true, I made a custom build for NV with the ZTP speedhack, I believe it was r5874. I tested with and without the speed hack on my overclocked i7, without the speed hack I got about 33 FPS - 35 FPS on the slowest Hyrule Field, with the speed hack I got about 45 FPS - 50 FPS.

I have an i7 950 that was overclocked to 4.2 Ghz, I have since dropped it to 3.8 Ghz and lowered voltages to decrease temps though.

The latest Dolphin revisions have gotten quite slow compared to the late 5xxx revisions, now I get 22 FPS without the speed hack. Latest revisions also have a very bad stuttering issue with most games, really annoying. Not cool that Neobrain pulled a prank and claimed his last revision gave 20% speedup especially when regressions have cause quite a bit of slowdowns in newer revisions and everyone is waiting for someone to fix these damned speed/performance issues that the newer revisions caused.

Same thing happened between the 4xxx and 5xxx revisions, everything got slower and everyone thought that was bad. Now my i7 system is having trouble keeping up, where it was doing just fine. Are more (worse) slowdowns to be expected between the 6xxx and 7xxx revisions and so forth? Sad
Quote:Not cool that Neobrain pulled a prank and claimed his last revision gave 20% speedup especially when regressions have cause quite a bit of slowdowns in newer revisions and everyone is waiting for someone to fix these damned speed/performance issues that the newer revisions caused.

How do you know it was a prank? I didn't believe it at first either but then when I was talking to him in irc about reverting a commit that rodolfo had made when I went to look up the commit it only showed 2 of the maybe 12 files that I know were edited. So I believe google code is having some weird issues.
I believe the tone indicated in was more or less a prank, at least the speedup part of it due to that thread that "inspired" the commit. His commit did fix the efb scale issues since his previous commit, so I'm not saying that it didn't fix anything, just that I'm inclined to believe the speedup was a prank/joke as the one commentator on the Googlecode page mentioned. Upon testing I noticed no conclusive increase in speed, which has remained the same since the previous revisions.

I am just hopeful for the speed issues to be resolved, it seems between every thousand revisions or so the speed gets worse.

AkiraTepes

I can't find anything here pertaining to this but how do you fix the layering problem. All of the objects in the game their layers overlap. For example the grass with cover Link's head even when I'm not even near it. Also I keep getting a "No Z Buffer" error. Any help appreciated.
Are you using an intel integrated graphics processor?

AkiraTepes

(12-15-2010, 04:04 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using an intel integrated graphics processor?
My processor is the Mobile Intel chipset one. I'm trying to use SVN 4598 because I heard it works better with these games with this issue but it crashes as soon as it would go to the opening video where you press start to begin.
ouch.
sorry dude, but with that CPU you'll never get decent speed with Dolphin...
Also he asked for your graphics adapter, not your CPU...
What is Intel Chipset One? Intel Pentium?!!! LOL
(12-15-2010, 10:42 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Not cool that Neobrain pulled a prank and claimed his last revision gave 20% speedup especially when regressions have cause quite a bit of slowdowns in newer revisions and everyone is waiting for someone to fix these damned speed/performance issues that the newer revisions caused.

r6574 Wrote:This comment should give a great speed increase
Seriously, how should a comment speed up anything? Tongue

I was curious whether people will believe anything what I say in my commit messages even if it's obviously wrong, and well... they apparently do xD
Well true, n00bies will believe anything. You could say you added by one and then divided by zero, and claim 50% speedup, there will be people that believe there is an actual speedup when it's all placebo (is it even proper to use that term for an emulator?).

Sorry if my tone sounded rude by the way. Smile