Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

CommanderLiger

Hey guys i just started using Dolphin 2.0 and i did the audio patch and what not. the game itself is great except hyrule field, but thats not the issue i have.

I have tried searching the forums but the only result i got was an abandoned thread.

the issue i have is: i'm at sacred grove and the wind stone is not working. i copy the tunes and its just not detecting them for some reason. this doesn't work for the howl stones either. the first stone at death mountain worked. but the others up until this point don't. I cant progress any farther. I'm using W7 x64 and i got the dolphin x64 for windows and all. if you need anything else, let me know

i have tried running the game as a ISO and GCM. right now im getting another version of the rom to see if its that, but all the downloads are too slow
1. Don't talk about downloading here, period.

2. What revision are you using?

3. What settings are you using?

CommanderLiger

revision, im not too sure, got it off the main download page.
settings:
enable dual core, idle skipping
JIT recompiler
Auto scale
diable fog
DPS-HLE (all boxes checked, Backend: Dsound)

Also, i hooked up my PS3 controller to the pc and set the settings for that, doubt thats whats causing it though.
does anyone know how can i fish out some fish? I try every button but the fish won't come at me (the fishing part in ordon village)
With analog stick you pull it to yourself and hold it.

CommanderLiger

I got it working, i just needed to disable audio throttling

(11-21-2010, 12:22 PM)JoonKimDMD Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know what CPU I need to run Zelda Twilight Princess at 60fps 720p or above without overclocking??

p.s. choices are i5 750, 760. i7 860, 920, 930, 870

you WILL be able to run this game... but not fullspeed everywhere without overclocking to around 4ghz. this game is extremly cpu heavy.

only with an overclocked CPU you will achieve fullspeed everywhere in this game....

cpu's that can run this game at fullspeed are: E7XXX-8XXX, i3, i5, i7
for i3, i5 and i7 you need 4ghz with patch to run at 30+ fps.

for E7XXX-8XXX you will need around 4,2 ghz with patch.

i am not really sure about E6XXX series, some internet sites say that they can match the performance from an 8XXX. but i don't trust them.

phenom2, never had one, but the performce should be the same as e8400, clock for clock.i'm not sure if they can be so easiely overlocked as a intel E7XXX to E8XXX. if you just want dolphin, you can go for e8XXX (i7, 5 or 3) instead of Phenom2. maybe its better.

old AMD dualcores with brisbane or windsor cores do not have a chance in emulating this game at good framerates. the only difference between those two is that the brisbane is 65nm (stays cooler and more energy efficient). but those ones are not good for this game.

I have a question.I have the wii version of the game,can I make it work like the gamecube version.I can do the fishing , part and im in need of a real wiimote.
it is possible with emulated wiimote.... just a little bit tricky..... i don't know how, but i have seen that with KEYBOARD and asked myself how that is possible. maybe someone can explain?
Hi there,

Thanks alot for this thread. I was playing this game perfectly without any problems in the emulator, i've played around 3 hours and 30 minutes. But suddenly it got stuck and an error message displayed on the screen. And Dolphin got closed by itself!!??

[attachment=4680]

Can anyone please tell me what does it mean and how can i fix this error.

Yours, RPG Lover