Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-03-2011, 02:51 PM)tigim101 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey I'm using the latest optimized build by xtremez, (6602M SSE4.1) and I still can't get full speed in hyrule field, I thought with the ZTP hack and my specs I would get 30 fps, or am i being too optimistic?

SPecs:
E8400 OC @ 4GHz
4 gb ddr2 ram
xfx 4890 with slight oc

I have all the general stuff enabled like efb to texture, using integral resolution, dual core and all that, is there another build that should be faster?
I also noticed that the game is really cpu intensive, my cpu is at 94% load and my gpu is barely breaking a sweat, even though people recommended fairly high end cards around here.

Hyrule also seems to get slightly faster the longer im running around in it, as if it needs a couple minutes to load, dont suppose theres any way to improve that i dont know of?

Thanks

Hey, could you please post a save file where you can't get full speed? Looks like your system is faster than mine, and I have no speed problems atm.
Well what are your specs? What revision are you using? How far into the game are you (hyrule field gets slower as you progress through the game)?

Quote:What resolution are you running at? Any Enhancements turned on? Either lower the resolution size, turn off or tone down the Enhancements option. Last but not least, try a new revision.

His video card is powerful enough. Hyrule field runs slow late game no matter what you do.
I get 30 FPS near constantly with this game and the LLE plugin with the latest LLE commits although I haven't tested Hyrule Field yet. LLE progress is really coming along and the plugin is getting fast, audio is much better than HLE. Now if they can fix the issue that is causing that static and garbage noise with LLE then I could use that over HLE. Myleks masked math multi patch fixed this, however with ToMask removed, I don't know what can be done to fix this.
Are you sure your dsp rom and dsp coeff dump sizes are correct? You shouldn't be getting static unless you have a bad dump.
There is some static in some games with the correct dumps. SSBB for example is kinda unbearable whenever some1 does a smash attack.
(01-05-2011, 03:01 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Well what are your specs? What revision are you using? How far into the game are you (hyrule field gets slower as you progress through the game)?

- Core 2 E6300 1.86Ghz OC'ed to 3.7xGhz
- 2x2gb ram g skill trident 1066mhz DDR2
- 8600GT 512mb

I don't really go in depth with testing games. I just test them at the beginning of the game to see if there are any difference in speed/performance. The max resolution i can play is 1024x768 with full speed or near it.
(01-05-2011, 04:31 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure your dsp rom and dsp coeff dump sizes are correct? You shouldn't be getting static unless you have a bad dump.

Yes they are correct, and there is some static and garbage noise still. Myleks masked math (special) patch fixed this besides speeding up LLE so I hope it is found out what fixed the issue.

This static, garbage noise and other sound oddities can be heard in other games such as Donkey Kong Country Returns when stomping on enemies, NSMB when pressing A + B on the title screen, selecting a file, and stomping on enemies which produces a weird sound that isn't the correct sound.

I have the Wii version of Zelda TP.

Does someone have problem to Z-targeting with the nunchuk ? Is like as if the "Z" button isn't working.

I have to run like a maniac with the Z button pressed and spamming the A button to get things work. Sometimes they work sometimes they don't.

mistic100

Hi,
sorry but too much posts here so...

I use Dolphin r6752 x64 on Windows 7 x64
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.00GHz
Saphire ATI Radeon HD5870 1Go
2*2Go G.Skill RAM

my iso comes from Romstation

I've configured Dolphin like the Wiki page, activated ZTP and MMU hacks
but the game slows down in Hyrule Field, 60% and 16fps, totally unplayable

What goes wrong ?
Thanks,
Mistic.

Blanko2

ive searched for this and i cant find it appearing as a problem anywhere...
has anyone had an issue where there is a rectangle in the top left corner where nothing renders? i can see straight to the skybox in it and bloom is applied to it (which is weird but makes sense, really)

nvidia GTX260
intel core 2 duo e4700
running windows vista