Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-07-2011, 04:39 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2011, 04:36 AM)steiner666 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, can anyone tell me if there is a way to get this game to run in widescreen? I tried the checkbox for the WS hack and it didnt do anything.

I have the GC and Wii version of this game, and i really want to play it without having to mess around with wiimotes but i hate standard aspect ratio. So can anyone suggest to me how to either set up this version to run in widescreen or how to map the controls of wii version to 360 controller in a way that works well? thanks

You have also made sure you have selected 16:9 right?
Sorry if you already did.

Ohhhh, i didnt realize you had to have the widescreen hack AND set aspect ratio set. i figured setting the aspect also would just stretch things or whatever, but it looks like its right. thanks

Everything looks great except for the water glitches. Running great at 3x on my gtx570, but i have had a few freeze ups so far... sometimes the screen just freezes and music loops, is there something i should disable to get more stability? Also, rendering at 3x scale and in 3D brings my FPS too low, 2x scale is smooth but i need to run in 3x for 3D to work right. is there any setting that i could enable/disable to allow me to still run at 3x scale but with smoother framerates? i know in older version there were options for efb copy to texture or ram, an di know texture was a lot faster in some games... i dont see the options tho now, is it set to copy to texture if i just uncheck copy to ram box?

Great that it's working now for you.

As for the options, yeah quite a lot have happened in the GUI apartment.
You could go back to that specific revision that had those options.
i just finished zelda TP using the latest revs form the latest months, great game and very long (>40h)

so here is my experience:
-only like 3 random crashes, and others when touching the wolf stones
-hyrule field is slow no matter what on my pc, nothing you do can avoid it
-played the game on 1360*768 using 3xefb, 16x AF, in most dungeons i could enable 3x+4xaa but there were some minor fps drops, last twilight dungeons and hyrule castle was played at 4xefb perfect
-sound was nice for me, don´t know what are the bugs everyone talks about, the battle music have too much bass, very annoying
-controls perfect and with vibration
-enabling widescreen causes weird borders on the water
-if you do savestates and load them, sometimes the memory card will disapear and you cant save until you restart dolphin

about the game i give 8/10, fun and long game, but i hate the save system and graphics for me were not so nice, for me FFX on ps2 looks better, specially in the faces,

----------

about lle
what should i use? recompiler or interpreter???
(07-10-2011, 06:24 AM)sixor Wrote: [ -> ]i just finished zelda TP using the latest revs form the latest months, great game and very long (>40h)

so here is my experience:
-only like 3 random crashes, and others when touching the wolf stones
-hyrule field is slow no matter what on my pc, nothing you do can avoid it
-played the game on 1360*768 using 3xefb, 16x AF, in most dungeons i could enable 3x+4xaa but there were some minor fps drops, last twilight dungeons and hyrule castle was played at 4xefb perfect
-sound was nice for me, don´t know what are the bugs everyone talks about, the battle music have too much bass, very annoying
-controls perfect and with vibration
-enabling widescreen causes weird borders on the water
-if you do savestates and load them, sometimes the memory card will disapear and you cant save until you restart dolphin

about the game i give 8/10, fun and long game, but i hate the save system and graphics for me were not so nice, for me FFX on ps2 looks better, specially in the faces,

----------

about lle
what should i use? recompiler or interpreter???

You should use recompiler.
thanks, but that is for all games or just zelda

still my pc is slow for lle, but i just want it for testing
(07-10-2011, 06:44 AM)sixor Wrote: [ -> ]thanks, but that is for all games or just zelda

ALL, for now

1st:HLE fast
2nd:LLE(recompiler) medium
3rd:LLE (interpreter) SLOW, for now it do the same of recompiler, but, more slow
(07-10-2011, 10:05 AM)hyperspeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2011, 06:44 AM)sixor Wrote: [ -> ]thanks, but that is for all games or just zelda

ALL, for now

3rd:LLE (interpreter) SLOW, for now it do the same of recompiler, but, more slow

That's a good recap of them actually.

For me today LLE isn't quite as slow as it used to be, but with tremendous job on the emu and better hardware it should be much faster.
Quote:ALL, for now

Just one tiny correction. At the moment LLE interpreter is still slightly more accurate than LLE recompiler.
(07-11-2011, 04:31 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]

Just one tiny correction. At the moment LLE interpreter is still slightly more accurate than LLE recompiler.

Hmm but certainly much more slower I presume?
Nevertheless LLE recompiler is one of the better and should be used by anyone that have a powerful computer.
(07-11-2011, 04:31 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]

I thought it was less performant I will try this