Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As others have suggested i have tried TP on 3.0 and 3.0 v204 and the game runs smooth but there are issues in both. The minimap does not show correctly, all i get is a grey faint map. The bloom lighting also had like a double ghost image when u meet zelda for the 1st time. Can smeone suggest how to fix this - did the mini map display correct as green with red dots - for those that have finished the game?
Settings?
(12-04-2011, 10:20 AM)KTroopA Wrote: [ -> ]As others have suggested i have tried TP on 3.0 and 3.0 v204 and the game runs smooth but there are issues in both. The minimap does not show correctly, all i get is a grey faint map. The bloom lighting also had like a double ghost image when u meet zelda for the 1st time. Can smeone suggest how to fix this - did the mini map display correct as green with red dots - for those that have finished the game?

Use the latest and don't override the user/gameini folder. Also don't press the graphic settings button while the game is running.
(12-04-2011, 11:14 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Use the latest and don't override the user/gameini folder. Also don't press the graphic settings button while the game is running.

Yeah, because the game loads settings from it's .ini, which are set for best compatibility. When you open the graphic settings on Dolphin it applies every setting/hack/whatever you have enabled there.
(12-04-2011, 11:14 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2011, 10:20 AM)KTroopA Wrote: [ -> ]As others have suggested i have tried TP on 3.0 and 3.0 v204 and the game runs smooth but there are issues in both. The minimap does not show correctly, all i get is a grey faint map. The bloom lighting also had like a double ghost image when u meet zelda for the 1st time. Can smeone suggest how to fix this - did the mini map display correct as green with red dots - for those that have finished the game?

Use the latest and don't override the user/gameini folder. Also don't press the graphic settings button while the game is running.

im not quite sure i follow you. all i change is the graphics options and hacks. i didnt change any options on the game itself (right click menu) can you explain what you meant plz?

When I played through this game with the official 3.0 release recently none of the issues you mention was present.

I'm using Direct3D9, EFB to RAM, DSP LLE all the time with 3.0 when I'm making play through of games.

The minimap is perfectly fine here and showing what it should be showing.
And the meeting with Zelda didn't yield double ghost images.

I know for a fact that EFB to Texture screws up the minimap.
(12-04-2011, 06:18 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]

When I played through this game with the official 3.0 release recently none of the issues you mention was present.

I'm using Direct3D9, EFB to RAM, DSP LLE all the time with 3.0 when I'm making play through of games.

Can you post your settings please mate? When i meet Zelda its more the bloom effects create a glowy effect - that shud be there but there is like a ghost outline - is that normal becoz ur in the twilight? When i use EFB to RAM map works good, but then wherever there is like white used there is a shimmering effect. For example when you start a new game and Link is talking to the guy at the waterfall, all parts colored white seem to glow - its a bit odd.
For the Minimap, you'll want EFB to RAM. Like Grabriel said, EFB to Texture is broken. But then, EFB to RAM is demanding, so if you can't handle it, you know what happens. But anyway, at least for me, I've completed Twilight Princess on R4700, back then the Bloom Hack was necessary but it used to break the Minimap/Map ENTIRELY. I played the entire game without a map. Rofl. I just trusted my Compass since it still showed up Chests and stuff. Even a partial map would be a blessing.
(12-04-2011, 09:26 PM)KTroopA Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2011, 06:18 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]

Can you post your settings please mate? When i meet Zelda its more the bloom effects create a glowy effect - that shud be there but there is like a ghost outline - is that normal becoz ur in the twilight? When i use EFB to RAM map works good, but then wherever there is like white used there is a shimmering effect. For example when you start a new game and Link is talking to the guy at the waterfall, all parts colored white seem to glow - its a bit odd.

For more advanced settings I recommend going to my thread in my signature.
Basically everything you need to know is covered there.
There are three known ways to get rid of the bloom offset (the "double ghost image" as you call it):
1. Use an early revision with a projection hack (not recommended)
2. Use a recent revision with efb to ram and 1x internal resolution, the higher your internal resolution is set the worse the offset will get
3. Use a texture cache rewrite build, this will enable you to use higher than native resolutions without a bloom offset but may cause issues in other games

The only way to get a properly working minimap is to use a recent revision with efb to ram or a texture cache rewrite build (which will allow the minimap to work properly with efb to texture buy may cause issues in other games).