Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

venom4911

anyone else notice that during certain parts of the game the music volume gets very loud? any way to fix that?
yeah...well, actually, some other games have this issue, too...SMG1&2 for example (like the game start sound and the music when having the fire flower)...I don't think we can fix it...and we're still waiting for a dev to do just about ANY work on the DSP department Undecided
(07-19-2010, 05:17 AM)Evenstar Wrote: [ -> ]Without any projection hack the left half of the screen is blury..i used the search engine but didn't find anything against it..got a tip ?

Update your revision and use the new hybrid EFB to Ram or use EFB to Texture which doesn't have this issue. The blurry spot is only an issue with EFB to Ram due to the EFB not scaling to higher resolutions. The EFB is rendering at 640 x 480, which is the native resolution of the GC, while the rest of the screen is stretched to the selected resolution. Copy EFB to Ram is more accurate, and the efb region that is being rendered in 640 x 480, the Gamecubes native resolution so happens to be in the top left corner.
Quote:the Gamecubes native resolution so happens to be in the top left corner.

That is because pixels are drawn the same way a book is read. Left to right, top to bottom, line by line. Sorry it just annoyed me that you said "so happens to be", it activated my MUST CORRECT HIM instinct, which is very difficult to suppress Tongue.

Quote:The EFB is rendering at 640 x 480, which is the native resolution of the GC, while the rest of the screen is stretched to the selected resolution.

Actually it's not stretched. Everything except the efb is rendered at the proper resolution, if it was stretched then it would look aweful, you would be able to tell, trust me.

Quote:Without any projection hack the left half of the screen is blury..i used the search engine but didn't find anything against it..got a tip ?

Either use a new revision like Xtreme said or turn on "efb to texture" and "scaled efb copy" in your current revision (I'm guessing your either using an older revision or 2.0).
Well yeah that's what I meant, I'm not very good at wording things sometimes.
I've got a very disappointing problem in this game, it runs at 50-60 fps but with intermittent slowdowns to 25-30 fps. I played this game before in older revs (4XXX) and it played at around 35-40 fps without slowdowns. I tried changing settings, plug-ins, anything, and the slowdowns still there . . .
Does someone know the reason of these slowdowns?

My specs:
AMD Phenom x3 8650 @ 2.3Ghz oc to 2.7ghz
2GB RAM DDR2
Geforce 9500 gt 512mb DDR2
Windows 7 Ultimate x86
(07-19-2010, 07:19 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Either use a new revision like Xtreme said or turn on "efb to texture" and "scaled efb copy" in your current revision (I'm guessing your either using an older revision or 2.0).

I'm using R5875 . With EFB to Texture + Scaled Copy the blur stays same, but the map gets gray.
Quote:I'm using R5875 . With EFB to Texture + Scaled Copy the blur stays same, but the map gets gray.
Just update to a new revision (59xx) and use the new hybrid efb to ram like Xtreme said. It's easier and more effective.

Quote:I've got a very disappointing problem in this game, it runs at 50-60 fps but with intermittent slowdowns to 25-30 fps. I played this game before in older revs (4XXX) and it played at around 35-40 fps without slowdowns. I tried changing settings, plug-ins, anything, and the slowdowns still there . . .
Does someone know the reason of these slowdowns?

Settings?

venom4911

anyone have a save game/save state right before you get the iron boots?
(07-20-2010, 06:35 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I'm using R5875 . With EFB to Texture + Scaled Copy the blur stays same, but the map gets gray.
Just update to a new revision (59xx) and use the new hybrid efb to ram like Xtreme said. It's easier and more effective.

Also tried. Left side still blury..guess I've got to accept it