Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
try other revision...
I used many versions of Dolphin, but still i had the same problem!?
I have a problem, when i load quick save file dolphin is crash. I have windows 7, dolphin 6468, and i play usa zelda. In xp i have no problem? What can it be? Settings, dolphin builds? Please help!
I have play zelda in other svn and it crash when i load save game...

ZeldaRaper

this game does work suprisingly enough
Is there a way to get the minimap working correcly? Is OpenGL or DX9 better? Also, which are the best settings for the latest revisions (64xx)? I've looked at the first page and it doesn't look like it's updated to the recent revisions, and it's gonna take too long a time to rummage through 100 pages of posts. What is everyone using to play this? Smile Thanks!
Quote:Is OpenGL or DX9 better?

For this game d3d9 is better.

Quote:Is there a way to get the minimap working correcly?

Yes. Use efb to ram and make sure xfb, real xfb, and safe texture cache are off. EFB to ram is needed for a proper minimap but it is slower than efb to texture.

Quote:I've looked at the first page and it doesn't look like it's updated to the recent revisions, and it's gonna take too long a time to rummage through 100 pages of posts. What is everyone using to play this? Smile Thanks!

That depends on the system. Their are no "best settings". Some settings might solve a problem but lower performance to an unacceptable level on lower end hardware. What are your specs?
(11-28-2010, 08:47 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Is OpenGL or DX9 better?

For this game d3d9 is better.

Quote:Is there a way to get the minimap working correcly?

Yes. Use efb to ram and make sure xfb, real xfb, and safe texture cache are off. EFB to ram is needed for a proper minimap but it is slower than efb to texture.

Quote:I've looked at the first page and it doesn't look like it's updated to the recent revisions, and it's gonna take too long a time to rummage through 100 pages of posts. What is everyone using to play this? Smile Thanks!

That depends on the system. Their are no "best settings". Some settings might solve a problem but lower performance to an unacceptable level on lower end hardware. What are your specs?

I have a Q6600 OC'ed to 3.0GHz, and a GeForce 9600 GT, with Win 7 64-bit. Is DX9 really better? I did find that OpenGL was slower than DX9, but if OpenGL has less glitches I may try that first. And which SVN is the best one for TP?
OpenGL and direct3d9 have the same problems with this game. The only difference is that d3d9 is faster. I see no reason to use opengl for this game unless you are a linux/macos user because in that case you have no other choice.

As for what revision to use. Their is no "best revision". Older revisions tend to be faster but have issues that have been fixed in newer revisions. Normally I would say for this particular game newer = better but for that couple hundred revisions that hasn't been true. Try this one and make sure you activate the ZTP speedup hack: http://www.xtemu.com/forum/files/file/12...sion-5910/
(11-28-2010, 11:00 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]OpenGL and direct3d9 have the same problems with this game. The only difference is that d3d9 is faster. I see no reason to use opengl for this game unless you are a linux/macos user because in that case you have no other choice.

As for what revision to use. Their is no "best revision". Older revisions tend to be faster but have issues that have been fixed in newer revisions. Normally I would say for this particular game newer = better but for that couple hundred revisions that hasn't been true. Try this one and make sure you activate the ZTP speedup hack: http://www.xtemu.com/forum/files/file/12...sion-5910/

Ayt, that's super nice, thanks! I was using SSSE3 build of Lectrode r6460, will see if his works better. So newer ain't necessarily better huh...kinda confusing when to decide to update lol.
BTW, where do I find the ZTP speedhack option? Where do I tick it on?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it, lol. I, however, downloaded the next SVN on xtreme2damax's site, r5981, so I could get the optimized SSSE3 build. Any big differences between 5981 and 5910? Should I stick with 5910 instead even if there isn't one optimized for my CPU? Thanks again!
Hi Guys .. Ive got this game running brilliantly with Dx11 just im having a few problems .... on the older versions of dolphin i could happily move about zelda and play the game using the keyboard .. but now in the newer versions of dolphin it just doesnt work even with my dual action controller ? ive configured wiimote .. changed the inputs to controller and keyboard and still nothing !! i dont get it as the older versions of dolphin were fine when it came to controlling the game .. its just new versions ?? but the mouse pointer works which is that fairy flying about .. no other controll does tho ... any else get arround this ?? majorly confused specially when in previous versions this wasnt an issue ?
Just an update to my last comment .... everything like bringing the map up , including inventory and using A + B works ... everything works besides moving the charactr about .. What The Hell !!!!!