Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Is there a chance of curing this itch? Or is it just another "wait till someone finds something" thing?

Either you have a bad dump of the dsp files or your cpu is not fast enough to emulate audio at fullspeed with LLE which is causing crackling.

Quote:It actually almost never crashed when I used the earlier revisions (the last one I used was r6075). The latest revisions, however, did crash the program quite frequently. I think the introduction of new codes must have propagated the problem further.

I've had to opposite experience. On r6000 and earlier I encountered at least 2 crashes when howling. With recent revisions I have not been able to get it to crash at all. However I recognize that this is coincidence, not because they fixed it.

Quote:Yes, I didn't use either one, but it worked four consecutive times.

Is it really a coincidence? Just asking.

It might not be a coincidence but if it's not something else is causing it because this issue has never been fixed. Considering the nature of how HLE audio works it would make sense for it to be either random or caused by a specific set of circumstances.

Dr.Shred

(03-14-2011, 01:41 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Either you have a bad dump of the dsp files or your cpu is not fast enough to emulate audio at fullspeed with LLE which is causing crackling.

Well the dumps should be fine.Even asked my mate to send me his from his wii.

My CPU is an AMD X4 Phenom II running at 3,4 which should be enough,shouldnt it?

(03-14-2011, 12:55 AM)El Buga Wrote: [ -> ]Just finished the game. Turns out that R6075 is the perfect choice for playing this game. Superior speed, better than latest revisions; no glitches, no crashes and even the howling parts work with HLE! They work flawlessly. I was all like ZOMG HOWLIN IS WORKIN at the moment, haha

I even managed to squeeze 18fps in Hyrule Field later in the game. Slow, but pretty much playable.

Thanks for your advice. I hope this R6075 will improve the stability on my Wii version of ZTP. I'll try next time.
I think crackling was solved or alleviated in the latest revisions with LLE.

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...ail?r=7338

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...ail?r=7336

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...ail?r=7270

These commits fix crackling for me. These revisions also fix the issues correctly that Mylek's shift hack fixed, so I will not be patching future builds with this patch/hack. According to the commit log r7338 should fix the crackling/clicking when LLE emulation isn't full speed.

Dr.Shred

Sadly this is not the case!
Im using the most recent rev (7338) but still it crackles when im not at 100% speed....seems to depend on the source sometimes.
Midnas voice for example tends to be distorted and crackly even though im on 95% speed.

LLE really drains my resources,even overclocked at 3,7 Ghz i get some really heavy lags
Quote:My CPU is an AMD X4 Phenom II running at 3,4 which should be enough,shouldnt it?

*begins laughing*

No.

If you can't maintain 100% speed it will crackle, nothing you can do about that.
Strange I am not getting crackling even when emulation isn't at 100% speed, what I do get is the brief millisecond pauses of silence, but that is just the audio/cpu playing catchup to stay in sync with video output.
DSP LLE on thread is now fixed. DSP LLE on thread does indeed make Dolphin use use more than 2 cores. It, in fact, starts using all four of my cores, and emulation isn't any faster than without DSP LLE on thread. :/
Quote:Strange I am not getting crackling even when emulation isn't at 100% speed, what I do get is the brief millisecond pauses of silence, but that is just the audio/cpu playing catchup to stay in sync with video output.

Is audio throttle on or off?

Quote:DSP LLE on thread is now fixed. DSP LLE on thread does indeed make Dolphin use use more than 2 cores. It, in fact, starts using all four of my cores, and emulation isn't any faster than without DSP LLE on thread. :/

The cpu thread needs to be running faster than dsp/video (bottleneck on dsp/video thread) for their to be any speedup. If the cpu thread is bottlenecking it it won't make any difference.
I always have audio throttle enabled.