Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The lighting in the Wii version looks excellent to me. I have not noticed the issue reported by users of the GC version.

Wiimote vs. GCPad is a personal preference. I like the range and sound effects of my remote, along with the aiming. Camera controls are subpar, but work well enough that I never have major issues with it.
Quote:The lighting in the Wii version looks excellent to me. I have not noticed the issue reported by users of the GC version.

Well have you tested both versions?

Also which lighting issue are you referring to?
I'm referring to the one about the characters. I read earlier in this thread hat sometimes the characters faces and such had interesting lighting issues. Maybe that was just a Mac user...? I don't have the GC version to test, but I would be willing to compare screens to check out the differences.
I thought that was only an issue for older versions of macosx and/or certain nvidia gpus?

Also wtf is going on with this thread: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...38&page=61
I can't see my post.
I just posted in there, confident that it would make your post appear. Your post still doesn't show, and neither does mine.....
Has anyone really truly fixed the Hyrule Field slowdowns yet?
(10-26-2012, 10:42 PM)Kelton2 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone really truly fixed the Hyrule Field slowdowns yet?

(10-26-2012, 06:52 PM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]The slowdown in Hyrule Field arises from the game changing the BPMEM_TEV_COLOR_ENV register a lot when drawing the minimap. Whenever it's changing that register, we need to flush the GPU's pipeline (i.e. render all vertices that have been queued up to that point). Flushing the GPU's pipeline once when lots of vertices have been queued is a LOT faster than flushing it multiple time when only few vertices have been queued each time. In Hyrule Field, the latter case applies, which is the reason why it's running that slow.

There really is no possible way to workaround this*. GPUs can render a batch of vertices only with the same configuration, that's just a fact. You can't just randomly tell the GPU to do stuff differently after it has rendered half of the vertices :p

Fwiw, Rodolfo's recent D3D9 optimization might have given Hyrule field a decent speedup. D3D11 has had the corresponding optimized code path for ages, actually.

Btw, issues like this are the whole reason why software rasterizers > hardware rasterizers for emulation. Most of the bottlenecks that arise with the hardware renderers don't come up with software rendering at all. That's the reason why I still think a fullspeed software renderer would be perfectly possible, given enough effort.

* Well actually, one could store the BPMEM_TEV_COLOR_ENV inside each vertex instead of using a shader constant for it. That's really not nice and probably would suffer a nontrivial, general bottleneck however which defeats its purpose.

Oh, sorry for not reading that, will look better next time.
Hello, I'm testing this one. With wich version this game Is 100% playablel? I'm using dolphin 3.0 and i get an error after meeting zelda for 2nd time (Where she dissapear after helping midna) and i get teleported to hyrule i think. I get a message about lighting error. Already tried all the solutions here and still have the problem U_U.
(10-29-2012, 03:28 AM)promero14 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I'm testing this one. With which version this game Is 100% playablel?

This game is playable with any version of Dolphin. You shouldn't get any issue with Dolphin 3.0

(10-29-2012, 03:28 AM)promero14 Wrote: [ -> ]I get a message about lighting error

Show us the exact error message you got