Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For future reference you do not need to look through the entire thread to find the answers to these kinds of questions. You can just use the wiki: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/wiki/index.ph...s_%28GC%29

Well safe texture cache needs to be off for this game. The minimap will show with efb to texture but will be discolored. With efb to ram you will get a proper minimap.
(10-04-2010, 10:47 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]For future reference you do not need to look through the entire thread to find the answers to these kinds of questions. You can just use the wiki: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/wiki/index.ph...s_%28GC%29

Well safe texture cache needs to be off for this game. The minimap will show with efb to texture but will be discolored. With efb to ram you will get a proper minimap.
Nice, didn't know there was a wiki!

And curious news, TP finally crashed Tongue Funny thing is, that the crash happened on a similar situation that with mamario's build. When the "spirit wolf" that teaches you new techniques leaps over you to take you to the "learning" area, it tends to crash in places like that, with both builds. But just after playing a long amount of time.

Oh well, not a big deal really, guess I should be cautious and save before parts like that. Thanks for all the help Arpit and NaturalViolence, you've been awesome helpers. Smile
Actually now that you mention it....that part crashed the first time for me to. I think it was the only time though (then again I only got up to lakebed temple before I stopped). I had forgotten about it since it was so long ago, and I remember many other people in this thread complaining about crashes that happen when howling as a wolf, I guess I naturally assumed that they had fixed it since the complaints stopped.
Quote:You make it sound like he has somehow designed his builds to be more stable with tp.

Yes, I never suffered from slowdowns, even in Hyrule Fields. With ordinary builds, I used to get 5 FPS, with X2D, I easily got 10. With ZTP hack, it skyrocketed to 15 FPS. Big Grin

Quote: You might get a 1-3C improvement by letting the thermal compound set

1-3 C improvement is more than enough I can expect now. Really need some 80 mm fans once I get new PSU.
Quote:And curious news, TP finally crashed Tongue Funny thing is, that the crash happened on a similar situation that with mamario's build. When the "spirit wolf" that teaches you new techniques leaps over you to take you to the "learning" area, it tends to crash in places like that, with both builds. But just after playing a long amount of time.

You must have told this earlier. I only played final part with X2D when Hyrule Field was a pain for me. Still then, I suffered from crashes when we howl.
The solution is to quick save as soon as you get in the wolf's world. (Shift + Function Key F1-F12) When there is a crash, just quick load it. And there, you proceed with no problems.... Tongue
Quote:Yes, I never suffered from slowdowns, even in Hyrule Fields. With ordinary builds, I used to get 5 FPS, with X2D, I easily got 10. With ZTP hack, it skyrocketed to 15 FPS. Big Grin

1. That has nothing to do with stability, my point that his builds are not any more stable than anyone else's still stands true

2. Now that all of the patches he was using have been commited you should be getting the same speed with regular builds or Xtremes builds. Test 6225.
Quote:1. That has nothing to do with stability, my point that his builds are not any more stable than anyone else's still stands true
They are at least on my system for TP. I am currently testing with mamario's build. Not very much impressed. Even X2D's older builds are good as that.
Quote:2. Now that all of the patches he was using have been commited you should be getting the same speed with regular builds or Xtremes builds. Test 6225.
Tested and yeah, 15-20 FPS in Hyrule Field on my C2D CPU...
(10-04-2010, 02:54 PM)Arpit Wrote: [ -> ]You must have told this earlier. I only played final part with X2D when Hyrule Field was a pain for me. Still then, I suffered from crashes when we howl.
The thing is, this wasn't the only place it crashed before with mamario's build. Big Grin It mostly crashes after loading various areas; IIRC, randomly, when entering the Goron Mines, when entering Kakariko Village, sometimes just because of entering the twilight, or some random house.

With X2D Build, the only places it seems to have crashed so far is when learning from the wolf, and nowhere else. I'll just do a quick save before it, but I thought save-states were very unstable on Dolphin, rendering it useless for doing a TAS.

And regarding performance, I don't really see any differences between builds, since the hack was already comitted.
Quote:They are at least on my system for TP. I am currently testing with mamario's build. Not very much impressed. Even X2D's older builds are good as that.

So you are saying you get crashes with mamario's builds but not with xtreme's? Because that is what stability means:

stable = doesn't crash
(10-05-2010, 03:49 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:They are at least on my system for TP. I am currently testing with mamario's build. Not very much impressed. Even X2D's older builds are good as that.

So you are saying you get crashes with mamario's builds but not with xtreme's? Because that is what stability means:

stable = doesn't crash

Yes. Mamario crashed when I entered Castle City or I spend too much time in Hyrule Field and then come to other city. With X2D, only place I experienced crashes was during howling, which I blame DSP for that. Sound is not proper for it now, so it do not loop, causing the game to crash.
So you are saying xtremes builds have an audio patch that hasn't been commited yet?