Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Maverick Hunter X

Can you confirm that you used the recommened setup in the 1st post of this thread?

Did you encounter any sound issues or fps drops? Ive read others here had issues in the end of the game with credits and low fps.

Basically did the game run perfect from start to finish - Also what is ur spec PC plz mate?
Almost done with Hero mode, so far no problems. Currently at the 6th temple.

Thought it was going to be harder, but when you know everything (bosses etc) it's actually pretty easy.

Same setup as before:

(11-16-2011, 12:27 PM)h111 Wrote: [ -> ]General:

Dolphin r7719

D3D11
1080p
Aspect Ratio: Auto
2x Native
8x Anti-Aliasing
16x Anisotropic Filtering

Per-Pixel Lightning - Check
Force Texture Filtering - Check

Skip EFB Access from CPU - Unchecked
EFB Copies: Virtual
Open MP texture decoder - Check
Disable per-pixel depth - Check

Sound:

DSP HLE emulation (fast)
Enable DTK music - Check
Enable Audio throttle - Check
(11-23-2011, 11:14 PM)h111 Wrote: [ -> ]Almost done with Hero mode, so far no problems. Currently at the 6th temple.

Thought it was going to be harder, but when you know everything (bosses etc) it's actually pretty easy.

Same setup as before:

Dolphin r7719

D3D11
1080p
2x Native
8x Anti-Aliasing

Sound:

DSP HLE emulation (fast)
Enable DTK music - Check

your spec PC is near identical to mine. except i have the GTX580.

same question i posted above, seeing as you have finished the game once already Smile

did you encounter any sound problems or slowdowns at the end of the game/credits?

i wnt to play thru but are there any issues to be aware of please

(11-23-2011, 11:29 PM)KTroopA Wrote: [ -> ]your spec PC is near identical to mine. except i have the GTX580.

same question i posted above, seeing as you have finished the game once already Smile

did you encounter any sound problems or slowdowns at the end of the game/credits?

Never had any sound problems nor any slowdowns at any part in the game.
(11-24-2011, 12:04 AM)h111 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-23-2011, 11:29 PM)KTroopA Wrote: [ -> ]your spec PC is near identical to mine. except i have the GTX580.

Never had any sound problems nor any slowdowns at any part in the game.

thx good to know
(11-23-2011, 11:14 PM)h111 Wrote: [ -> ]Almost done with Hero mode, so far no problems. Currently at the 6th temple.

Same setup as before:

Dolphin r7719

D3D11
1080p
2x Native
8x Anti-Aliasing

Sound:

DSP HLE emulation (fast)
Enable DTK music - Check

Do these settings still have the blurry background and blurry cut scenes?

I know there are issues with the water color graphics.

Thanks!

bckai

(11-23-2011, 06:37 PM)Miyamoto4President Wrote: [ -> ]Let me just point out the obvious... 90% of you who are having problems ARE NOT READING the original post in this thread. If you read that post and follow the directions perfectly, you will most likely not have problems. If you DO have problems still, try disabling AA. In fact if you use the default options on the first post of this thread and set the internal resolution to 2.5 native or 3x native, there is really no reason to use AA. It looks gorgeous and adding AA really adds no discernible visual difference. Set AF at 2x. Try that first before thinking "more is better". I beat the entire game with AF at 2X and the game looked gorgeous (better than it would ever look on the Wii).
[color=#00BFFF]
Lastly, if YOU ARE NOT using the slingshot or bow, ENABLE the "Skip EFB Access from CPU" option within Dolphin. You will get better FPS within game. BUT as soon as you need to use the slingshot or bow, DISABLE the "Skip EFB Access from CPU" option within Dolphin because you will not be able to shoot these weapons properly.[/color]

You mind as well bookmark this post. LOL.

READ what's below (the red text), these are the things you should be following from the first post in this thread...

Quote:[color=#FF0000]Best revision: r7719[/color]

[color=#FF0000]Best settings:

Everything default, except:

- Prefered graphics plugin: DirectX 11
- AA method should be done only by using higher internal resolutions. AA "standard" settings causes glitches.
- AF should be set to 2X or higher to reduce/eliminate color banding
- [color=#00BFFF]Disable "Skip EFB Access from CPU" to fix the pointer accuracy[/color]
- Disable "External Frame Buffer"
- Disable "Cache Display Lists"
- EFB Copies should be enabled only with the "Virtual" checkbox.

Everything else (audio settings, advanced graphical options) are a matter of personal choice and won't make much difference, so if possible, stick with the above.[/color]

Count me as the 10% who has read the original post, multiple times. *sigh* I don't need a refresher course on how to read threads. Just want to know if anyone else has encountered the problem I'm having. I've got r7719, all settings set to the OP's suggestion. Just when D3d11 is enabled, I get black artifacts when I move. They are manifested on the ground around Link as he moves around, and also there are black fuzzy marks that dance across the top of the screen. However, when I have any sort of AA enabled, they go away, but things slow to a crawl when I have multiple enemies on the screen. Again, it's not that big a deal, since playing in OpenGL works just fine. It's just the color isn't exactly ideal. (too washed out).

Also, playing in D3D9 gives me strange black blocks that move around on the ground. Similar to what happens in D3D11 but not quite the same.

Are there any other revisions that people are having luck with?

(11-24-2011, 01:15 AM)kyoakuma Wrote: [ -> ]

Same setup as before:

Dolphin r7719

D3D11
1080p
2x Native
8x Anti-Aliasing

Sound:

DSP HLE emulation (fast)
Enable DTK music - Check

Do these settings still have the blurry background and blurry cut scenes?

I know there are issues with the water color graphics.

Thanks!

what issues with water colors do you mean. pic?
do you all use Wii motes can you tell me where i can buy wii sensor bar for PC?
(11-24-2011, 03:10 AM)choc32 Wrote: [ -> ]do you all use Wii motes can you tell me where i can buy wii sensor bar for PC?

I bought mine at a local video game store. I can tell you exactly what store, but I'm shure you're not in Mexico city.