Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-20-2011, 11:58 AM)SonofaSaracen Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question,

With the following specs what should my performance look like? Decent? Also, do you recommend an overclock to the cpu, and what should I safely take it up to using a stock cpu cooler?

Specs:
CPU: i5 2500k (@3.3 GHZ)
GPU: Evga superclocked GTX 570 (@1Gb)
PSU: GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD4-B3
RAM: 4Gb single stick

Thanks For the support guys

If you get your settings right, 30FPS at almost all times.
Overclocking should not be necessary with that setup.
You may want to consider an extra 4GB of RAM for your system though, not so much for Skyward Sword, but for various small improvements everywhere.
Hey fellas, just downloaded an older rev (7719) I've been using the latest build relatively smoothly. What I want to know is, will it mess up my game save if i load the game in another build of dolphin?
(11-20-2011, 11:51 AM)MTRougeau Wrote: [ -> ]You must enable some level of AA to get rid of the black artifacts in DX11. I honestly don't see what problems others are having with AA on. Go ahead and try it and tell me how it works for you.
I tried enabling AA and got no more black artifacts. At first I thought that fixed it but now I'm trying with no AA and can't seem to get any artifacts anymore. I don't know what happened but just in case I'm keeping AA on 2x and not touching any settings again with this version of Dolphin.

(11-20-2011, 12:16 PM)samos101 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey fellas, just downloaded an older rev (7719) I've been using the latest build relatively smoothly. What I want to know is, will it mess up my game save if i load the game in another build of dolphin?
Just copy the User\Wii\title folder from your current build to any other revision and all the save files for Wii games will be copied over.
Hi all, need help !

I ve done the 3 first temple, and now when i put (Plant ? )the sword in Firone, dolphin always crash !

Untill this, the game work perfect at 28-30 Fps.

I m sad

I7 950
6Go RAM
X1950XT ( old card, but no meney at the moment )
Win 7 64
I play on my tv in 1080 50Hz.

Sorry for my english

Thanks

EDIT : that s work in OpenGL
Found another small problem. I thought it was fixed with the build I downloaded but it's not. I seem to be getting blinking pink spots every now and again. It's very noticeable when I'm talking to someone, anyone know of a fix?
Anybody had good luck with 3.0-201 (Especially the 64 bit build)? General question-Can saves be transferred from version to version? Say I start with version x, have some saves, then version y comes out and is better. Will the saves still work with version y?
(11-20-2011, 12:56 PM)kturcotte Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody had good luck with 3.0-201 (Especially the 64 bit build)? General question-Can saves be transferred from version to version? Say I start with version x, have some saves, then version y comes out and is better. Will the saves still work with version y?

Native saves should, but save states might not (depends on what they did in between)
(11-20-2011, 12:56 PM)kturcotte Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody had good luck with 3.0-201 (Especially the 64 bit build)? General question-Can saves be transferred from version to version? Say I start with version x, have some saves, then version y comes out and is better. Will the saves still work with version y?

3.0-201 is just plain ugly with this game. I posted a screenshot in the last page. That's WITH EFB Copies to RAM, and Virtual looks even worse.
So what's the recommended build for Skyward Sword? Also, I go to the Wiimote calibration screen (Just starting the game), and that went fine, and now it wants me to point the hand at the hand to the center of the screen, but I'm not getting a hand at all (Yes, it is a Wii Motion+ controller).
(11-20-2011, 04:10 PM)kturcotte Wrote: [ -> ]So what's the recommended build for Skyward Sword? Also, I go to the Wiimote calibration screen (Just starting the game), and that went fine, and now it wants me to point the hand at the hand to the center of the screen, but I'm not getting a hand at all (Yes, it is a Wii Motion+ controller).

You need a sensor bar.

Also, read the first post.