Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ivy

I was wondering if my computer would be able to run Skyward Sword?:

AMD Phenom II x6 1090t (3.2GHz)
Radeon HD 6870 (1GB)
4GB DDR3-1333 RAM

Also where do I purchase a bluetooth dongle? and how much are they? can I get one at best buy or similar?
(11-21-2011, 03:56 PM)kturcotte Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2011, 03:55 PM)Helvetica Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2011, 03:49 PM)kturcotte Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2011, 03:45 PM)Helvetica Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2011, 01:57 PM)kturcotte Wrote: [ -> ]Helvetica-did you have any luck with Bluetooth adapters today?

Yes!

(11-21-2011, 02:45 PM)Windmill Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys Smile

Really want to play Zelda. But my rig isn't the best Big Grin here are my specs.

Win 7 Professional
Intel Core duo, 6600 @ 2.4 ghz
2 gig ram
Geforce 9600 GT

So like.. I don't know. Is that enough (somehow)? I've played around with the settings and used recommended ones. In small rooms I get 40 fps but in bigger rooms and in Skyloft I go under 25 fps to like, 15-23 fps.

Unfortunately a rig like that will tremble at the demands of Skyward Sword. It doesn't stand a chance.

Nice! Have to order it once I get my check! Just wish I could find a WIRED sensor bar!

I like the wireless sensor bar, but I admit it can be annoying at times. I only have one battery recharger and even though it can take both AA and AAA, it only has 4 slots. I have 4 devices needing batteries, my Wii Remote, Xbox controller, Headset, and that darn sensor bar. Problem is, the bar uses 4 AAA so I can never charge my other stuff when I'm Dolphin'in. Still though, not having to power on my Wii and deal with my remote switching allegiances is nice.

WISH I could find one that just had a USB connector on it!!!!

I've looked long and hard, I don't think they exist mate.

Also, I had the link wrong in the control thread, I advise you to confirm the change before you purchase it.
(11-21-2011, 04:07 PM)Ivy Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if my computer would be able to run Skyward Sword?:

Radeon HD 6870 (1GB)
4GB DDR3-1333 RAM

Also where do I purchase a bluetooth dongle? and how much are they? can I get one at best buy or similar?

Your computer looks like it could play the game fine with some considerable setting tweaking.
Also, your local Best Buy will have Bluetooth dongles, but I actually stopped by there today not intending to make a purchase just to see what they had. There was only 1 at my place, and it was absurdly priced for the quality. I ended up going to Fry's Electronics, although they may not exist in your area. Try to find a dedicated computer/electronics superstore, that's your best bet. If all else fails, order online. This is the one I purchased today. You want something in the 15-30 dollar range, lower quality devices will not control correctly. The game will be sluggish and frustrating.

x3sphere

(11-21-2011, 03:45 PM)Helvetica Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2011, 01:57 PM)kturcotte Wrote: [ -> ]Helvetica-did you have any luck with Bluetooth adapters today?

Yes!

(11-21-2011, 02:45 PM)Windmill Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys Smile

Really want to play Zelda. But my rig isn't the best Big Grin here are my specs.

Win 7 Professional
Intel Core duo, 6600 @ 2.4 ghz
2 gig ram
Geforce 9600 GT

So like.. I don't know. Is that enough (somehow)? I've played around with the settings and used recommended ones. In small rooms I get 40 fps but in bigger rooms and in Skyloft I go under 25 fps to like, 15-23 fps.

Unfortunately a rig like that will tremble at the demands of Skyward Sword. It doesn't stand a chance.

Nice! Have to order it once I get my check! Just wish I could find a WIRED sensor bar!

I like the wireless sensor bar, but I admit it can be annoying at times. I only have one battery recharger and even though it can take both AA and AAA, it only has 4 slots. I have 4 devices needing batteries, my Wii Remote, Xbox controller, Headset, and that darn sensor bar. Problem is, the bar uses 4 AAA so I can never charge my other stuff when I'm Dolphin'in. Still though, not having to power on my Wii and deal with my remote switching allegiances is nice.

I have this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UAA...B001UAAX60

It is powered by USB, so if your TV has a USB port it can use that... only con is it's a bit on the pricey side compared to other sensor bars. You can also always go the DIY route...

Ol' Catbeard

The r7719 version is what fixed it all for me. I'm guessing there will eventually be an update to make the game playable on the most recent Dolphin version at some point?
(11-21-2011, 04:47 PM)x3sphere Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2011, 03:45 PM)Helvetica Wrote: [ -> ]Yes!

I have this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UAA...B001UAAX60

It is powered by USB, so if your TV has a USB port it can use that... only con is it's a bit on the pricey side compared to other sensor bars. You can also always go the DIY route...

Bookmarked.

Thank you.

(11-21-2011, 04:55 PM)Ol Catbeard Wrote: [ -> ]The r7719 version is what fixed it all for me. I'm guessing there will eventually be an update to make the game playable on the most recent Dolphin version at some point?

Eventually.

Ol' Catbeard

(11-21-2011, 04:07 PM)Ivy Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if my computer would be able to run Skyward Sword?:

Radeon HD 6870 (1GB)
4GB DDR3-1333 RAM

Your computer looks like it could play the game fine with some considerable setting tweaking.
Also, your local Best Buy will have Bluetooth dongles, but I actually stopped by there today not intending to make a purchase just to see what they had. There was only 1 at my place, and it was absurdly priced for the quality. I ended up going to Fry's Electronics, although they may not exist in your area. Try to find a dedicated computer/electronics superstore, that's your best bet. If all else fails, order online. This is the one I purchased today. You want something in the 15-30 dollar range, lower quality devices will not control correctly. The game will be sluggish and frustrating.

Your PC will run it fine. If the most recent Dolphin build doesn't work just use the (r7719) build; should do the trick. Just FYI you'll most likely need to keep AA at 2x or 4x. Any higher and the game chugs for me and I'm running a similar build to yours. Have fun!

Radeon HD 6870 (1GB)
4GB DDR3-1333 RAM

Your PC will run it fine. If the most recent Dolphin build doesn't work just use the (r7719) build; should do the trick. Just FYI you'll most likely need to keep AA at 2x or 4x. Any higher and the game chugs for me and I'm running a similar build to yours. I got my dongle at Wal-Mart for $14 and my wireless sensor on Amazon for $5. Have fun!

Darkensei

Can my PC run this at all?

Win Vista 34bit
3GB RAM

Processor AMD Athlon 7550 (AMD Athlon x2 64, 2.5GHz)

Core Speed 2511.5 MHz
Multiplier x FSB 12.5 x 200.9 MHz
HT Link speed 1004.6 MHz
Stock frequency 2500 MHz
Instructions sets MMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A, x86-64, AMD-V

Radeon HD 5850

Memory size 1024 MB
Memory type GDDR5
34bit? LOL
MFW I saw what SS looked like on Dolphin.
[Image: tn_17.jpg]

MFW I saw that sensor bar, motion+ was needed.
[Image: tn_362.jpg]

zissakos

Hi guys,

I have read 80% of this mega thread (and still reading), so sorry if the answer is contained in the last 20%... :-)

Has anybody managed to transfer a savegame (a real gamesave of course, not a savestate) from wii to Dolphin(PC) or vice versa?
What is the best way to do this? Does the standard wii method (system menu, data management, copy savegame to sdcard, import in dolphin) work or is a homebrew app like Savegame Manager GX (or Savegame manager MOD) needed?

I was thinking about starting to play on Wii, then transfer to Dolphin, play there a bit, and if there are any problems/crashes transfer back to wii and continue playing there.

thanks in advance!

P.S. Actually, where is the first possibilit to save the game? Yesterday a played the beginning a bit until I could walk freely in Skyloft but after resetting my wii there was no game saved :-( Thought there is an autosave point right after the intro when i can control Link...