Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-15-2011, 07:43 AM)k1ng0fqu33n5 Wrote: [ -> ]anyone played a bit farther into the game yet? ima stuck Sad
What answer do you expect to get? Alright, as well-known telepathist, I recommend you to use the Hint Stone, near the hostel, in town. Or ask the REAL telepathist at bazzar. You also can get some info from your sword girl. Isn't that enough?Wink
I just played through the volcano dungeon. In all playtime I've had just one crash (pressing +) which I'm quite happy about because some other games had annoying random crashes in those old revisions.
The sword orientation really works fine as long as you have your sensor bar (or candles or whatever you use) ready. Everything working pretty nicely here. I'm only a little afraid of getting the bow later because I'm sure it'll have the same aiming issues without EFB Access from CPU and that option totally kills my performance...
After a lot of tinkering I've finally found some comfortable settings;
Dolphin 2.0 r7719
DX11
Whatever internal rez you prefer (I chose 3x)
No AA
AF doesn't matter
And the most important hack was unchecking "RAM" under "EFB Copies" (really boosted fps)
[Image: r7719sshacks.jpg]
[Image: skywardsword1.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Runs @ 100% speed (29fps) with minor hiccups every now and then. Glad it works. Wink

EDIT: Maybe 4x rez would get rid of the jaggies.
@gh0stn: Cache Display Lists does give you a few FPS but your sword will be invisible.
Just wanted to say I've been running this for a while now, with 7719, no hiccups, game looks and plays great. I've been using the recommended settings, and thankfully with my system I'm able to have proper slingshot aiming, I have a 1st gen i7 oc'd to about 3.5 ghz and a crossfired pair of 6970 HD radeon cards (I think that's the number on them, I'm not looking it up). No crashes or stuttering or anything like that. I did notice some occasionally wonky M+ stuff with the beetle so I might try 3.201 later. I've finished the first 3 dungeons and the small encounter just after that with no troubles at all so far.

I've been using a standard black wii remote with a motionplus add on so far, I just got my new remote with built-in M+ today, so I'm looking forward to trying that out tonight.
(11-15-2011, 08:05 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]@gh0stn: Cache Display Lists does give you a few FPS but your sword will be invisible.

Ah, thanks. Hadn't gotten that far yet.
Yeay I played to volcano, it's little bit more fps demanding than forest. But easily playable! Im surprised how well it works. Zero crashes so far and played around 7 hours. Big Grin

Btw make sure to uncheck vertical sync, it really killed my perfomance. Accidentally forgot it on. Smile

jonisign

That's fantastic! No slow downs?? Are you using the config in your signature? I'm running an AMD Phenom II X4 B55 @ 3.7 ghz and an AMD 6770 GPU

and I noticed some pretty serious slow downs in other games like super mario bros. wii (40% Speed and 15-20 fps), so I assumed this game would be completely unplayable.

(11-15-2011, 08:02 AM)gh0stn Wrote: [ -> ]Runs @ 100% speed (29fps) with minor hiccups every now and then. Glad it works. Wink

EDIT: Maybe 4x rez would get rid of the jaggies.

So to confirm, Wii Remote Plus (Wiimote WITH M+ built in) work fine, correct?
Yeah let me add that with all necessary settings my system gives a bit of a chug to Mario Galaxy especially in the observatory, but so far for Skyward Sword it's been rock-solid. Of course that probably has something to do with MG being set to run at 60 and Zelda at 30fps.