Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-17-2011, 01:19 PM)AndTAR Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings everyone, currently playing the game on Dolphin, it's been a great help to use the config settings in this thread. Smile

I happen to have a very specific problem - I'm at the part of the game where you collect the so-called tadtones. The thing is, I have collected all - except for one; a bright yellow one, which appears to have glitched/clipped into the roots of one of those floating sea plants, out of my reach.

Any clue as to what type of setting might need changing, to fix this? The game is running perfectly otherwise. My settings are the same as h111 posted a few pages back, albeit at 1,5x native res instead. Thanks! Smile

It's not a glitch, it's supposed to be that way.

Jump on the big tree and follow it upwards, and you'll come to a ledge that you can jump off and land on the petal so it changes position and the yellow tone will free itself. It's "stuck" in the root, as in it's made that way in the game.
Everything has loaded up, but honestly trying to do this bird bit is incredibly hard.

Argh, POS.. why is it so damn bad.

Also, does anyone else need to have their drivers reinstall after every use? Seems my PC needs to "find" the bluetooth and install it each time I load it up.

Bleh
(11-17-2011, 11:28 AM)samos101 Wrote: [ -> ]Argh!

Now my Wiimote has stopped working. What a pain in the ass.

I get passed the screen where it says put it on a flat surface, but now I can't see any cursor when it says point to the middle of the screen. WTF. It was working before (albiet a bit shit) so i moved my PC from the floor to the desk next to me for a better signal.
So damn frustrating.
I just bought this Wii remote with a wireless infrared receiver.

Can wireless internet ruin the connection?

My sensor bar also wasnt very precise and i had problms to get past that same screen. I'm using candles now and get past that screen every time without problems. you should point to the middle between those candles/sensorbar from a not to near and not to far distance (1,5m works for me the best)

Hi everyone. I'm new to these forums and to Wii emulation.

I decided I want to play Skyward Sword on PC after seeing how much better it looked than on my wii. I've got it playing at a nice 30 frames after following the settings the original poster had on that youtube vid.. Here's my issue:

When I set Anti aliasing to 8 it has weird effects. On trees and things it will make them look like watercolor. For a lot of things though it seems to take detail away from them. I also get these faint weird overlays on the screen.

I want that 8x AA to smooth the edges out though. Anyone had this problem?

Evilmatic

(11-16-2011, 01:31 AM)gh0stn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2011, 09:58 PM)Evilmatic Wrote: [ -> ]Having an issue with the wiimotion plus... I bought a wiimotion plus specifically for this game. It runs perfectly on my comp, but the only issue is that the nunchuck is unresponsive when I try to play it. The wiimote works, just not the nunchuck. Anyone else experiencing this? It works for any other game, but not when its connected the wiimotion plusHuh

Try leaving the nunchuck unplugged when launching the game, then plug it in when it tells you.

Still don't work. I guess I mustve bought a faulty

AndTAR

(11-17-2011, 06:10 PM)h111 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2011, 01:19 PM)AndTAR Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings everyone, currently playing the game on Dolphin, it's been a great help to use the config settings in this thread. Smile

I happen to have a very specific problem - I'm at the part of the game where you collect the so-called tadtones. The thing is, I have collected all - except for one; a bright yellow one, which appears to have glitched/clipped into the roots of one of those floating sea plants, out of my reach.

Any clue as to what type of setting might need changing, to fix this? The game is running perfectly otherwise. My settings are the same as h111 posted a few pages back, albeit at 1,5x native res instead. Thanks! Smile

It's not a glitch, it's supposed to be that way.

Jump on the big tree and follow it upwards, and you'll come to a ledge that you can jump off and land on the petal so it changes position and the yellow tone will free itself. It's "stuck" in the root, as in it's made that way in the game.
Oh, I see. Guess I panicked after realizing the lack of spiders hanging above it, lol.. Thanks a bunch Smile

Bonziet

I don't know if anyone have noticed this but in the Wii Console this game DOESN'T use the sensor bar

The WM+ do all the job, so the troubles with recalibration are relationated with the new control mode based on the position of the wiimote+ NOT based on the reference of the sensor bar
*Little Spoiler ahead*

My game crashed at the end of the 2. challenge in this Dark world when you have to find those Tears. Didnt try it again yet though. Maybe it was because i had "Block EFB acess to CPU" checked or something.
@Bonziet: Why then would the sword which is totally out of angle after a few wild swings only find its way back to "forward" as soon as you point it at the sensor bar (only if it's on, I mean)?
hi i want to ask question about how to disable DOF (depth of filed) in this game.
because i dont really like it. can i do that? thanks