Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-02-2011, 02:19 AM)Corvi Wrote: [ -> ]i am thinking about buying a blue tooth dongle and the original wiimote+ and nunchuk, but before i do i wanna make sure:

does this game work about perfectly with dolphin? my system is pretty fast (i5-2500, gtx 460), that shouldnt be the problem.

Played the whole game through with 7719 without a single issue. Game ran really well. I have a c2d e8400 @ 3 GHz and GTX 580 /w 3GB

The only thing that ran like crap was the outro for whatever reason lol. Also, the outro was the only part of the game with little video sequences that were prerendered so maybe that's not emulated so well or something Smile
Right, so after all the trouble I had with Link's feet disappearing when there were timestones nearby, I decided to switch the backend to OpenGL.

It seems to work well so far, but there's one problem:

[Image: 6I1si.jpg]

See where the DoF lines kind of "curve"? When rendering with DX11 there are small piles of sand there. With OpenGL, no settings work to make them appear.

These are, as far as I know, not models per se, but dynamic mesh objects. Are there problems with these things in OpenGL?

This is running 3.0-208.
I downloaded the revision 7719M and configured it as suggested in the first post. But occasionally I see a dark checkerboard pattern move across the very top of the window.

Is there a solution for this?
(12-02-2011, 05:58 AM)LimEJET Wrote: [ -> ]Right, so after all the trouble I had with Link's feet disappearing when there were timestones nearby, I decided to switch the backend to OpenGL.

It seems to work well so far, but there's one problem:

[Image: 6I1si.jpg]

See where the DoF lines kind of "curve"? When rendering with DX11 there are small piles of sand there. With OpenGL, no settings work to make them appear.

These are, as far as I know, not models per se, but dynamic mesh objects. Are there problems with these things in OpenGL?

This is running 3.0-208.

Not sure about this particular case, but this game needs "ignore format changes" unchecked for certain things to appear in the game.

(12-02-2011, 06:20 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]No sure about this particular case, but this game needs "ignore format changes" unchecked for certain things to appear in the game.
That option is greyed out on OpenGL, and makes the game unplayable if unchecked on DX11, so I don't know where you're getting that from.
I'm getting it from my experience here.

[Image: K1RPM.jpg]

This is not supported with OGL, try DX9.
Okay, after testing a bit more, I have these results.

If running DX11, Ignore Format Changes has no effect whether it's on or off, as long as you don't change that option while the emulation is running.
While running OpenGL however, the option is always greyed out.
(12-02-2011, 07:27 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]This is not supported with OGL, try DX9.
(12-02-2011, 07:53 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2011, 07:27 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]This is not supported with OGL, try DX9.

Oh damn, didn't see that.

*shame*

Edit:

So DX9 doesn't support the drawing on goddess wall things. That's annoying.

eyecreate

I've nearly played through the whole game on dolphin 3.0.1 texcache-rewrite. Looks really nice and only had a crash problem once near end of ancient cistern, which I temp used r7719 to get around. (Overall, though, texcache rewrite has been more stable than r7719, which is why I switched back after the mentioned crash area.) Now if only dolphin-emu wouldn't lose balance of motion plus as often and It'd be perfect.