Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

gwabell

I'll apologize in advance if this question has already been asked and answered a dozen times.

Anyway, I tried using r7719 with all of the recommended settings from the first post, but it runs on my laptop at 8 fps. With frame skipping I can play it but it's obviously not ideal. Using 3.0-201, it runs at 30 fps, but it has the visual issues that were described by the early posters in this thread (weird lines on background images).

I'll probably continue playing with 3.0-201, but I was hoping somebody had a happier solution that involves good visuals (perhaps not as good as r7719) at a playing framerate.

penguinswithpie

(11-23-2011, 04:01 PM)gwabell Wrote: [ -> ]I'll apologize in advance if this question has already been asked and answered a dozen times.

Anyway, I tried using r7719 with all of the recommended settings from the first post, but it runs on my laptop at 8 fps. With frame skipping I can play it but it's obviously not ideal. Using 3.0-201, it runs at 30 fps, but it has the visual issues that were described by the early posters in this thread (weird lines on background images).

I'll probably continue playing with 3.0-201, but I was hoping somebody had a happier solution that involves good visuals (perhaps not as good as r7719) at a playing framerate.

Make sure you're using DX11 and not DX9. DX9 results in very low frame rates for me.

bckai

I seem to be having problems playing in DX11 mode on r7719. There are these black lines that dance across the screen when I move that only AA seems to get rid of. However, if I use AA there is a marked slowdown when multiple enemies are on the screen. The other compromise is if I use OpenGL, but the colors seems too washed out.

Anyone else encounter this issue and/or know of a fix by any chance?

Appreciate it guys.
Let me just point out the obvious... 90% of you who are having problems ARE NOT READING the original post in this thread. If you read that post and follow the directions perfectly, you will most likely not have problems. If you DO have problems still, try disabling AA. In fact if you use the default options on the first post of this thread and set the internal resolution to 2.5 native or 3x native, there is really no reason to use AA. It looks gorgeous and adding AA really adds no discernible visual difference. Set AF at 2x. Try that first before thinking "more is better". I beat the entire game with AF at 2X and the game looked gorgeous (better than it would ever look on the Wii).
[color=#00BFFF]
Lastly, if YOU ARE NOT using the slingshot or bow, ENABLE the "Skip EFB Access from CPU" option within Dolphin. You will get better FPS within game. BUT as soon as you need to use the slingshot or bow, DISABLE the "Skip EFB Access from CPU" option within Dolphin because you will not be able to shoot these weapons properly.[/color]

You mind as well bookmark this post. LOL.

READ what's below (the red text), these are the things you should be following from the first post in this thread...

Quote:[color=#FF0000]Best revision: r7719[/color]

[color=#FF0000]Best settings:

Everything default, except:

- Prefered graphics plugin: DirectX 11
- AA method should be done only by using higher internal resolutions. AA "standard" settings causes glitches.
- AF should be set to 2X or higher to reduce/eliminate color banding
- [color=#00BFFF]Disable "Skip EFB Access from CPU" to fix the pointer accuracy[/color]
- Disable "External Frame Buffer"
- Disable "Cache Display Lists"
- EFB Copies should be enabled only with the "Virtual" checkbox.

Everything else (audio settings, advanced graphical options) are a matter of personal choice and won't make much difference, so if possible, stick with the above.[/color]
The game is awesome , and almost perfect here 7718x64 , been playing almost 22hours and just finished the third temple and finally entered the big foggy cloud thats in the sky since the beginning of the game ...

Really GOTY 2011 for me !

penguinswithpie

Has anyone else experienced R7719m crashing? I mean, it happened to me about 4 times total for the first 22 hours of game play. It was very easy to deal with. After that, I've been crashing every half hour/hour and a half and it is extremely frustrating. That and the frame skipping (a very minor problem) are the only two problems I am experiencing.
In the game there are many cross strips and it looks very bad look!:

[Image: 4b2ifr94hq.jpg]

...someone now what the problem is?
(11-23-2011, 09:22 PM)kkc1945 Wrote: [ -> ]In the game there are many cross strips and it looks very bad look!:

[Image: 4b2ifr94hq.jpg]

...someone now what the problem is?

The problem is that you are bored to search about it or read even the first post of this thread.
Just completed the game, the timer clocked 44 hours and 53 minutes.

I don't think I have ever in my entire life cried so much when I saw the ending.
When you see it, hear the music, you don't just see this game you see memories from all the other Zelda's you have played making you cry even more.

I'm speechless right now, this is one of the top 5 Zelda's ever in my book.

And Dolphin r7719M, perfect from start to finish.

There isn't much to do now besides a few heart pieces and side quests.

I think this is the moment that settles it all, I have nothing more to add here.
(11-23-2011, 09:40 PM)Maverick Hunter X Wrote: [ -> ]Just completed the game, the timer clocked 44 hours and 53 minutes.

I don't think I have ever in my entire life cried so much when I saw the ending.
When you see it, hear the music, you don't just see this game you see memories from all the other Zelda's you have played making you cry even more.

I'm speechless right now, this is one of the top 5 Zelda's ever in my book.

And Dolphin r7719M, perfect from start to finish.

There isn't much to do now besides a few heart pieces and side quests.

I think this is the moment that settles it all, I have nothing more to add here.

hey Smile,the zelda games always get me emotionally ,thou i would like to know how did u play it cause i don't have the wii mote and i would like to know how, and if u have a sensore bar for PC can you tell me where did you get it thanks Smile