Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Screen resolution is 1280 by 1024 i think (afk atm). Game resolution is 640 by 840 or something, but I was trying to run full screen at the time.

Didnt know first page settings apply to macs; but I'll give it try. Reassuring to know that u can run a a playable speed tho. Did u have to download anything extra?
Yeah it applies to MAC, except for the video renderer which you are stuck with Open GL.

Dolphin revision r7719. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING

- Prefered graphics plugin: DirectX 11
- AA method should be done only by using higher internal resolutions. AA "standard" settings causes glitches.
- AF should be set to 2X or higher to reduce/eliminate color banding
- Disable "Skip EFB Access from CPU" to fix the pointer accuracy
- Disable "External Frame Buffer"
- Disable "Cache Display Lists"
- EFB Copies should be enabled only with the "Virtual" checkbox.

I have those settings except I have enabled Skip EFB Access from CPU. It makes the game run faster and I have no problems with accuracy.

Follow those settings exactly, and choose a low resolution, once you have it run at a playable speed, make some test to see how High can you go on resolution and Internal resolution.
Sweet, thanks a lot man! I'll try it out tomorrow.
uses IR that game ?
(12-14-2011, 12:59 AM)lexer98 Wrote: [ -> ]uses IR that game ?

Yeah, it's a lot more accurate with IR.

sup123a

(12-13-2011, 03:36 AM)Stef666667 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2011, 11:49 PM)sup123a Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All

I set settings as recommend and it works fine.
except one thing that when i start game from dolphin.
after motion plus calibrate and ask me to point wiimote to center of screen and press A.
the cursor blinks and I have to press A rapidly in order to catch A on screen.

is there anyone face this problem?

me spec infor:
dolphin build 7719 64bit
wiimote + wii motion plus, wirsless sensor bar
Windows 7 64bit
core i5 2500k
ddr1333 8gb
1 tb raid0 harddisk
nvidia gtx 460 1GB sli

Do you try to change batteries in your sensor bar ?

I checked already. My battery is still powerful.
Now from many tests, I found that this symptom occurs on dolphin 64bit version only. I test from 7719 to recent version. They are the same.
But problem does not occur to 32 bit version. But 32bit version crashed after I play for a while.
got a strange problem.
if i am on home Button screen i can use my mouse as wiimote perfectly, but in game i can only use a quarter of the screen to aim and so on... and this is also very buggy... guess i already got good graphics for accurate aiming (one of the previous posts). so is this something about the "Harp" i read about?
btw, got a 16:9 screen and using aulis' controls, if u know them. don't get all these different numbers.
i am playing with emulated Wiimote (Keyboard and mouse)
i am not sure if i have to post this one in this forum or in Emulated Motion Plus forum. sorry if i am wrong

MeMelRo

Perfect Depth Of Field (for my taste) with latest build, D3D9 and 9x SSAA:

http://i.imgur.com/gUeCr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4SEeY.jpg

These are 1x Native screenshots - the only option for me to be able to reach 30 fps, i guess. But even on 1x it's sooo beautiful (using 9x SSAA).
There are graphical glitches on the floor though.

4x SSAA causes serious bloom offset'age and floor textures disappearing.

Would be very nice, if those issues could get fixed in the near future, but i doubt it...
If you can use 1x with 9xAA without losing any fps, you can probably use 2 or 3x IR without any AA. I think if you had to choose, higher resolution is worth more than AA in this case,

MeMelRo

Yea Starscream, i know what you mean. But for me it's all about the DOF quality and that's the only way to get that smooth, eye pleasing blur. I don't like the higher IR's DOF.
I guess it must be some sort of fetish - almost nobody seems to give a shit about this particular effect. Wink