Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

neohx_7

(01-09-2012, 06:57 AM)napster Wrote: [ -> ]This is the first time I'm not finding the issue of my problem on this thread !
It's a little graphic issue that seems to appear when I use the "Gust Bellows" but not everytime.
I use the gust then Link disapear in the ground's textures and some lines appears on some object's textures (for example, there is some in the sand dust and on the lever on the wall)
Let's check the screens :
-[Image: testzb.th.png]
-[Image: sdfp.th.png]
Someone has ever see this problem?
Thanks !

Yes this has happened to me as well. I think it has something to do with the time-shift since it only seems to happen in the "present" where I've used a crystal before. In the same area in a section that is in the "past" Link does not glitch.

Bobity

Didn't see a "search this thread" function, and 173 pages is hard to look through.

Is there anyone else having an issue with The Imprisoned for the 3rd time after you defeat him? My problem is right after sealing him back in the crystal, the game will endlessly spin around with Link standing there doing nothing. There's nothing I can do about it and was wondering if there was a fix of some sort.

Originally tried it on the 3.0-235 revision, going to try it on 3.0-371 to see if I get the same result.
EDIT: Fixed with 3.0-371

Draco355

Yes, this is a pretty big thread! I've played through Skyward twice so far and it was pretty damn smooth, barring a few parts where it slowed down or bugged out.

http://www.twitch.tv/draco/b/304485746

There's a pretty long play session there on my TTV channel in 1080P (1920x1080). My main channel page has all the info on my setup, but basically it's playing on Win7 x64, i7-930 (stock), and a GTX 470.

The only huge issues I've run into (using DX11 FYI) is:
- MotionPlus w/ Nunchuck, nunchuck detection is a bitch. It's completely *random* when it detects it. I found the best way to get started was to load a save state over and over and over (or just the game in general) until it detects the nunchuck and jumps to the calibration (this happens on every save state loading too, which is annoying too). All official hardware here, no 3rd party stuff either.
- BGM (music) loses "sync" between stereo channels at random. REALLY annoying.
- End music was choppy, start-to-finish! Sad
- Random slowdown on targetting, but this seems to be covered above as a common issue. Nothing too debilitating for me, but I could only imagine how bad it would get on slower machines.
- Once on the squid boss battle (thru the thunder dragon) the squid never appeared and I was stuck running around the deck of the ship, unable to escape. Doh! Couldn't replicate this issue... pretty random. Sad

Other than that, it was running relatively flawlessly. Quite impressed with how far this emulator has progressed and shines a new light on Wii games for sure. Mmm... finally a sharp picture! Smile
Ah yes, classic sound choppiness. Sounds like you need to try DSP-LLE. HLE is notorious for doing that. I don't have this game, so I don't know if it will help, but it sounds like the problem.

flrn

Hi guys!
So I have been playing the pal version and I am stuck at the first temple in the room with the dungeon map, and I am supposed to jump on the log on the right side of the room so I can climb over to the side...but the water level is too low so I cant do it, already been in the left room and shot that crystal thingy.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Thx Dooc and I thought there was something wrong with the game...damn!

Dooc

(01-11-2012, 12:49 AM)flrn Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys!
So I have been playing the pal version and I am stuck at the first temple in the room with the dungeon map, and I am supposed to jump on the log on the right side of the room so I can climb over to the side...but the water level is too low so I cant do it, already been in the left room and shot that crystal thingy.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

go in the right room theres a second crystal to higher up that water

ps played that gam in 3 days ^^ it dosnt be so hard ^^
Which is the best dolphin version for SS?
I stoped reading this topic on page 80, i have no time to read 100 page. Sad
Is r7719 still the best?

Thanks!!
For some reason my game lags noticeably after an hour or so of play. The strange part of it is that it still shows 30 fps in the counter even though it's lagging. It fixes itself after I reload the game, but is there another solution that doesn't have me frantically searching for a save point?
Hello! just a quick question. First off, my specs:

CPU: intel core i7 2670QM ( quad core) @ 2.2MHz with turbo boost to 3.0
GPU: Geoforece Gt 540M

Does dolphin support turbo boost? for some reason my cpu speed is only going at about 1400Mhz when it should atleast be going at 2200. I know dolphin doesnt suport more than 4 cores, but i should i really only be getting these speeds? thanks in advance

edit: it seems im only getting upto 1400MHz in anything i do, i just tried pcsx2 and some dead space 2 and its only going utpo 1400. I dont recall changing any settings...where can i check this?

edit 2: so...restartin my laptop seemed to do the trick. im getting a constant 29 fps now and maybe my post isnt such a waste afterall as i can confirm turbo boost works! ( i bet everyone already knew that Dodgy )
Quote: it seems im only getting upto 1400MHz in anything i do, i just tried pcsx2 and some dead space 2 and its only going utpo 1400. I dont recall changing any settings...where can i check this?

If it happens again, check your temps, your system probably downclocked itself because it was overheating, make sure the vent isnt blocked when using the notebook