Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-16-2011, 05:26 AM)Adamskiu Wrote: [ -> ]@RockLoi
Look at the first page. Your settings are here. Coincidence? I think not.

First page has "Skip EFB access" checked. Most people are having no issues with running fullspeed as that is the biggest single performance boost.

It screws up slingshot though.

Also first page has AA which causes problems with the DOF effect, has different audio settings, different hacks. Small differences maybe, but with Dolphin a single checkbox is often make or break. ^^

@felipaopl Ah hehe, fair enough, I'm in that area and have yet to face the large... Though knowing Zelda it won't be exactly what it says on the tin. Big Grin
(11-16-2011, 05:32 AM)RockLoi Wrote: [ -> ]

First page has "Skip EFB access" checked. Most people are having no issues with running fullspeed as that is the biggest single performance boost.

Also first page has AA which causes problems with the DOF effect, has different audio settings, different hacks. Small differences maybe, but with Dolphin a single checkbox is often make or break. ^^

@felipaopl Ah hehe, fair enough, I'm in that area and have yet to face the large... Though knowing Zelda it won't be exactly what it says on the tin. Big Grin
You could al teast read the whole post, not only look at the screens. Every setting that is causing issues is explained there.
(11-16-2011, 04:43 AM)RockLoi Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2011, 03:59 AM)kaicooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2011, 03:29 AM)Randomzx Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently there's are a couple of code for to allow to play without WII motion plus for the skyward sword demo at

http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php?PH...ic=9016.30

can anyone find a code to do that for the full game?

i just hope sombody try it and figure out for the FULL game

Why would you want to play without M+? It won't be the same game. Just buy one.
(11-15-2011, 10:17 AM)felipaopl Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2011, 10:00 AM)seddar Wrote: [ -> ]Game play well. No crashes so far. I'm at chapter 8
SPOILER.

That is a FREAKING spoiler for fucks sake. Damn juniors.

How on Earth is that a spoiler that he's in a mine on chapter 8?
Got it running solid 30fps now with accurate slingshot in 1080p D11 (prettiest).

i5 2500 3.4GHz
Geforce 570GTX

Revision 7719M
General
DD11
Vsync OFF (must have been causing the slowdown before, forced on in nvidia control panel so still no tearing unless I use OpenGL, which I don't)

Enhancements
No enhancements other than Auto multiples internal res.

Hacks
Skip EFB access unchecked
Ignore format changes checked
EFB Copies Virtual
Disable EFB
Disable per pixel depth

Advanced
All unchecked

Audio
DPS HLE
Enable DTK Music
Audio throttle NOT enabled
XAudio2 backend
32000Hz (seemed to get rid of a crackle I was getting and improve speed)

Dolby Pro Logic would be nice, any ideas?

Gentlemen I've cracked it (apart from DOF blur, but doesn't seem possible, damn demo pictures teasing us!), so will probably depart this thread and continue through the desert. Good luck guys and hopefully these settings might help someone. Thanks for all the help!

Thanks a lot for you post, i've tried XAudio2 at 48000Hz and the sound cut-off I was getting are gone, game is close to perfection now Smile
(11-16-2011, 05:48 AM)Adamskiu Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2011, 05:32 AM)RockLoi Wrote: [ -> ]

You could al teast read the whole post, not only look at the screens. Every setting that is causing issues is explained there.

I've read every post in this thread. Simply changing the issue-causing settings causes for me (and many others) to have unplayable framerates. I have read lots of varying pieces of advice from different people and finally managed to get the game looking good without issues. Others may have rigs (or be happy with OpenGL) so that they didn't have to worry, but for those with said bad framerates putting up with broken aiming and/or have a similar rig I figured I'd post my final settings that I'm happy with. Everyone else has done this without criticism; it's what the thread is about.

Saying they're the same as the frontpage (when they're drastically different) is just bizarre. I've followed that post's instructions to no avail, and hence my submission. Frankly to be met with sarcasm and condescension is pretty perturbing.

"I've cracked it" meant that I'd sorted settings suitable for me and my machine out, sorry if you thought I was suggesting that these are the be-all and end all.
(11-15-2011, 10:17 AM)felipaopl Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2011, 10:00 AM)seddar Wrote: [ -> ]Game play well. No crashes so far. I'm at chapter 8
SPOILER.

That is a FREAKING spoiler for fucks sake. Damn juniors.

Also, I'm back from my trip and I'm having the "judder"/stuttering problem that some people had here. Tried everything, different revisions (even 3.0+), refresh rates, resolutions, plugins, settings... nothing. The game is at a rock solid 30 FPS, but every now and then I can see it stuttering here and there. It looks quite distracting and kinda breaks the immersion. I'm beginning to wonder if that also happens with the real game on the Wii...

The judder has nothing to do with Dolphin or the game or your computer. It's your TV. Switch your TV's refresh rate to 30Hz. Problem solved!
(11-16-2011, 05:51 AM)blaisminator Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot for you post, i've tried XAudio2 at 48000Hz and the sound cut-off I was getting are gone, game is close to perfection now Smile

Good to hear! Finally set up my wireless sensor bar after having a pile of candles next to my TV! One-to-one sword fighting is a lot better now and more enjoyable; also helped by swinging with my arm and not my wrist (I really strained it playing all day Sunday!)

[/quote]

I've read every post in this thread. Simply changing the issue-causing settings causes for me (and many others) to have unplayable framerates. I have read lots of varying pieces of advice from different people and finally managed to get the game looking good without issues. Others may have rigs (or be happy with OpenGL) so that they didn't have to worry, but for those with said bad framerates putting up with broken aiming and/or have a similar rig I figured I'd post my final settings that I'm happy with. Everyone else has done this without criticism; it's what the thread is about.

Saying they're the same as the frontpage (when they're drastically different) is just bizarre. I've followed that post's instructions to no avail, and hence my submission. Frankly to be met with sarcasm and condescension is pretty perturbing.

"I've cracked it" meant that I'd sorted settings suitable for me and my machine out, sorry if you thought I was suggesting that these are the be-all and end all.
[/quote]
Your audio setting are different,you have efb virtual checked which isn't on the first page so I am sorry about I missed that, but slingshot problem is mentioned there and everything else you listed is too.
(11-16-2011, 06:07 AM)wildonrio Wrote: [ -> ]The judder has nothing to do with Dolphin or the game or your computer. It's your TV. Switch your TV's refresh rate to 30Hz. Problem solved!

What is this judder? My TV is at 60Hz and haven't that issue.

The one thing I do still have seems to be in really dark scenes (happened a lot in TP) there is major ghosting (it looks like 3D crosstalk) around the characters. Is that supposed to be like that? Anyone else noticed this?
(11-16-2011, 06:08 AM)Adamskiu Wrote: [ -> ]Your audio setting are different,you have efb virtual checked which isn't on the first page so I am sorry about I missed that, but slingshot problem is mentioned there and everything else you listed is too.

All the enhancements are different and the frontpage doesn't list about AA causing DOF issues, though perhaps that's just been in my experience. Again as I said whilst everyone knows about the slingshot issue simply stating it reduces performance to fix it isn't too useful, and EVERYONE is posting what works for them.
(11-16-2011, 01:26 AM)eldeegee Wrote: [ -> ]I finally registered here Wink.

So far Zelda is working great here on r7719. Only the shadows are block but i dont care about them. This game is awesome and is really looking great!. I have some slowdown to 22 fps when im in Skyloft. My system is a Q6600 @ 3ghz, 8800GT. So i cannot complain i think.

This morning i received a Wireless sens bar wich i have on top of my monitor. Im using a wii mote with build in motion plus. I dont have any aiming issues. But i noticed you really need that wireless sens bar.

Does anyone got real far in this game because i really want to keep on playing without any crashes or something. I just started in the first temple and so far so good!

Turn on "Skip EFB access to CPU". It will mess up your aiming but dramatically speed up the game. Well worth it!

arvidb

Can someone tell me where to download this game? I'm new and I don't no any legit sites.