Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running the recommended settings on r7719 on my machine which I consider to be pretty decent, and yet I get basically unplayable FPS. (<10)

Specs:
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
9GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 470

Any advice on what I should do?

zissakos

A quick question about the fog:

On my setup enabling/disabling fog looks like this:

standard:
[attachment=6914]

Disable Fog:
[attachment=6915]

Standard:
[attachment=6916]

Disable Fog:
[attachment=6917]

1. What's the standard setting here (how is it supposed to be)?
2. What setting are you guys using? Did you encounter any problems?

somehow I like it more with fog disabled...
To disable stuff is obviously not the way it's supposed to be. But if you like it better disabled, it's your choice, of course.
Atmospheric effects are there for a reason, and do look better. Even if someone thinks they don't, the designers wanted them there.

fideoman

Hi, guys.
For the people worrying about not using the latest Dolphin version, the reason is (using latest versions):

1) If you play the game with the recommended settings, the textures will show up "scanlined".
2) If you play the game with "Copy EFB to RAM", the game will look OK (not great, but fine). The problem is the huge performance hit, and does not worth it.

The reason why the people is using r7719 is just because it's the last version without the problem. From post-r7719 builds, the developers merged a branch named 'scissoring-fixed' that fixed some graphical issue in some games. The problem is that Skyward Sword became graphically affected by the effects of that branch.

My question for the developers is: Is it possible to disable the effects of the merged 'scissoring-fixed' branch, maybe with an option in the plugins or the emulator?

In advance, thank you.

Best Regards,
Fideoman //
Been reading through most of this thread and tested most builds and configs and still I can't get the game close to playable with it focusing around 10fps. Is my rig just not good enough? Seems unlikely since people with worse specs have posted saying they get good speed. Has to be something I'm doing wrong.

Specs:
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
9GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 470
I can't play the game
I'm on the r7719 version, with the setting like said in page 1.
The game run perfectly, just at 20 fps.
But on fight phase game, i lag, run at 10-15 fps

And ... the first big cinematic, when zelda .... ( you know ) , the game crash ....

I wanna find a friend with the wii and the game, and stole them to him -_- or buy a wii and the game ^^
Sorry for double post, but .... i saw a thing .
When my computer run a game ( BF3 for exemple ), i can heard the ventilators running hard .... it's working hard in the computer Big Grin

But when i run skyward sword on dolphin .... nothing .... just normal speed of ventilators ... it's not working hard in the computer...

Question : for I3 /I5 /I7 with turbo mode ... perhaps for them .... dolphin not requierd the turbo mod, and they rest in 4 cores, and don't put all the power in only 2 cores.

Perhaps i'm wrong

Niflheim

Wait a minute, so this game is capped or designed to run at 30FPS or 60FPS?
I apologise if this has been asked before but can i play this game just using a standard xbox 360 controller or will i need a wii mote and motion+?

Niflheim

(11-25-2011, 07:21 AM)coud Wrote: [ -> ]I apologise if this has been asked before but can i play this game just using a standard xbox 360 controller or will i need a wii mote and motion+?

Yes it will require either a Wii Remote with a Motion+ accessory or a Wii Remote with the Motion+ already integrated within the remote or an equivalent because it's not emulated inside Dolphin yet, so no it will not work with an XBOX 360 controller sorry....