Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is Skyward Sword demanding on the GPU side of things? My new build will have a 560GTX, I'm hoping that'll cut it.

(I have an i7 2600K which I'll be clocking to over 4+Ghz, so I'm not really concerned about the CPU.)
(01-03-2012, 03:27 AM)frechley Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: I just found 7719 in the download archive. Should I have multiple versions of Dolphin installed for different games?

I can only talk about what i do and yes, i have different individually configured Dolphin builds for nearly every single gamecube/Wii-game on my pc. No problem with that. I make a desktop-icon what fits for the game and its okay.

Quote:Is Skyward Sword demanding on the GPU side of things? My new build will have a 560GTX, I'm hoping that'll cut it.

A GTX 560 is WAY past the requirements for any game, even at 4x IR.
Had still "stairs of light" on background, tried built 3.0-243 (3.0-319 before patch wii+) and its now all clean ^^ in fact maybe too much lol
(black resize wasn't showin when camera lock with Dx9 with old, but now yes, and i find this quite annoyin...but it's not u're fault ^^; ).
latest built crash with wii+ for me.
(01-03-2012, 06:37 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Is Skyward Sword demanding on the GPU side of things? My new build will have a 560GTX, I'm hoping that'll cut it.

A GTX 560 is WAY past the requirements for any game, even at 4x IR.

I'm very happy to hear that! Thanks for your help.
That means there's headroom for my GTX 570 2.5GB. Yay.

More AA in some games for me! Not Skyward Sword, though.

LaserGuidedTaco

Hey buddy i have the same problem Sad
(01-01-2012, 02:05 AM)HAR65 Wrote: [ -> ]i got this result with Dol 3.0-308 and DX11 (and yes, "skip EFG acc" is disabled), original WiiMotion+ and Sensorbar:

[Image: soup0122.png]

Strangely, it hits the center correctly, when using DX9, which gives me other graphical problems and is therefor no option for me.

With rev7719 the shot hits correctly with DX11 too so i can use this. I just am interesting in using 3.0-308 for the gecko-codes might work now and there might be other improvements in the future, what makes it sad, if the slingshot doesnt work correctly.

Anyway, i just want to ask, if someone could confirm this "issue" or have a solution for this.

Thank you and a happy new year and sorry for my bad english Smile

rubyskylar

I've been playing this game for a little while now and it seems to be working perfectly, except for one thing.
Sometimes the background music will double up, as in the track will be playing from two different points at the same time. It's very confusing and frustrating to listen to. Is there anything I can do to remedy the situation? What would be the ideal audio setting for this game?

Thank you!
(01-03-2012, 11:37 AM)LaserGuidedTaco Wrote: [ -> ]Hey buddy i have the same problem Sad

Thx for the answer. In the moment, we have to live with it (or use 7719, but the newest Dophin-Gits have interesting improvements Confused ).
(01-03-2012, 08:56 PM)rubyskylar Wrote: [ -> ]I've been playing this game for a little while now and it seems to be working perfectly, except for one thing.
Sometimes the background music will double up, as in the track will be playing from two different points at the same time. It's very confusing and frustrating to listen to. Is there anything I can do to remedy the situation? What would be the ideal audio setting for this game?

Thank you!

I had this "double-sound"-problem too (in the second temple for the first time i remember). I didnt find a solution for this with HLE. Anyway, with LLE the problem was solved.

(01-03-2012, 08:56 PM)rubyskylar Wrote: [ -> ]I've been playing this game for a little while now and it seems to be working perfectly, except for one thing.

Thank you!

I can confirm this issue, happened once or twice. Saving and reloading solves it, tough.