Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-19-2011, 02:12 AM)El Buga Wrote: [ -> ]How much this collector's edition cost in the US?

Been thinking on getting one.

Here in France :
Classical version : 40 EUR
Collector version : 70 EUR
If the US classical version costs 55$ I guess that should cost you 95$ for the collector version
I'm trying r7719
Which version is faster for Skyward sword? 32bit or 64bit?

I have core i5-2500k, 16GB RAM and GeForce GTX560TI.
(11-19-2011, 02:29 AM)NexXxus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying r7719
Which version is faster for Skyward sword? 32bit or 64bit?

I have core i5-2500k, 16GB RAM and GeForce GTX560TI.

64bit its much faster than 32bit.
you tried that?
I'm trying to compare the speed of both versions to see which is better.
64 bit is almost always faster, but even then the difference is negligible. Go with the X64 version.
(11-19-2011, 12:17 AM)akskiller Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Dere' pid='180587' dateline='1321618671']

Quote:Are you kidding me? Those pictures look AWFUL! SS is already a pretty ugly game by itself, and upscaling it to HD makes it look even worse - the environments look too BLURRY due to the stretched textures Dodgy

Rolleyes

Rolleyes back to you and your low standards when it comes to graphics.
So I got out and bought another Wii so I could play it without having to install the Wii update that would ruin the Homebrew channel on my other Wii.

The game so far for me is that I'm glad I spent the last 5 days replaying Twilight Princess because compared to Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess is an 15/10 game while this is not worth the 10/10 it got.
I will give it as much as 8/10 but not a single point more.

The one hour of playing I did in Dolphin was OK and I don't see much difference from the console.
I don't know what else to say about the game at this point, it's not as breathtaking as TP was that's for sure.

Blargh...
So glad the retail version finally came out in the US. Hopefully we'll have some walkthrough's coming up since I'm stuck at the fire mountain area. Tongue
(11-19-2011, 03:37 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]So I got out and bought another Wii so I could play it without having to install the Wii update that would ruin the Homebrew channel.

The game so far for me is that I'm glad I spent the last 5 days replaying Twilight Princess because compared to Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess is an 15/10 game while this is not worth the 10/10 it got.

The one hour of playing I did in Dolphin was OK and I don't see much difference from the console.
I don't know what else to say about the game at this point, it's not as breathtaking as TP was that's for sure.

Blargh...

Well, it currently has a lower score in GameRankings and Metacritic than TP (or any other 3D Zelda), so you aren't alone in that opinion. Myself, I'll reserve judgement until I finish it (I'm currently at Eldin Volcano), but from what I played until now, it was fun, but not amazing (certainly not a 10/10, or even a 9/10 game). I'm really disappointed they didn't tweak the game structure and formula like they claimed they were going to, the graphics are meh, and the new aiming system sucks (they should have used the Wiimote's pointer combined with the sensor bar, or at least make it a option).
(11-19-2011, 03:37 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]So I got out and bought another Wii so I could play it without having to install the Wii update that would ruin the Homebrew channel on my other Wii.

Blargh...

Couldn't you have just started the game via the Gecko OS homebrew thus skipping the update on your Wii? That's what I was doing with all my games up until now.