Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-28-2011, 10:59 PM)MazrimTaim Wrote: [ -> ]OK so heres yet another "this game is running to slow" post. I'm pretty sure my processor should be able to handle it, but running around skyloft I'm getting 16 fps and roughly 50% speed. In the sparring hall I got 75% and 24 fps and that felt perfect. I'm using the reccomended settings and activated vbeam [which has caused some of the menu sounds to play super slow but given me a gain of around 2fps]. A few of the reccomended settings I can't seem to find on my revision, eg -Enable "Copy" to "Texture", though I'm probably just being a noob there.

Edit: Operating System: Win7 64bit
Processor/CPU: AMD Phenom II 1055T
Video Card/GPU: AMD 6870
Memory/RAM: 8gb DDR3
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: r7719m

From my reading of this thread so far:

Change to directx9 instead of 11 and you'll get an instant boost.

You'll then see the other settings mentioned.

11 is only required by some users for a small section of the game, and by many for none at all. Using 9 instead should get quite a big boost Smile

MazrimTaim

(12-28-2011, 11:18 PM)MEGAginge Wrote: [ -> ]From my reading of this thread so far:

11 is only required by some users for a small section of the game, and by many for none at all. Using 9 instead should get quite a big boost Smile

I had already tried dx9 all it did was make the shadows look wierd, and didn't help performance.

I just tried using the xenoblade hack release of dolphin and the speed is incredible, almost too fast xD. I am getting some wierd colour issues though now but I'll have a fiddle with the AF to see if I can fix this.
(12-28-2011, 11:27 PM)MazrimTaim Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2011, 11:18 PM)MEGAginge Wrote: [ -> ]From my reading of this thread so far:

I had already tried dx9 all it did was make the shadows look wierd, and didn't help performance.

I just tried using the xenoblade hack release of dolphin and the speed is incredible, almost too fast xD. I am getting some wierd colour issues though now but I'll have a fiddle with the AF to see if I can fix this.

Can you link this rel? I will try later
(12-29-2011, 12:21 AM)MEGAginge Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2011, 11:27 PM)MazrimTaim Wrote: [ -> ]

Can you link this rel? I will try later

Have a look here http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=14356
I find that the pointer does not work as well as on the real wii
it's a Dolphin?Confused
I have a brand Nintendo wiimote censor bar and a Nintendo brand wireless
What the hell is this? Angry
Starts right after beating the Imprisoned
[Image: sinttulofou.png]

zakchika

i get the message
trying to compile 0 . LR=802e1530
(12-29-2011, 01:23 AM)zakchika Wrote: [ -> ]i get the message
trying to compile 0 . LR=802e1530

Yes, that sometimes goes T_T
Please any solution, this error appears only at the moment of the game and is quite advanced Angry

MazrimTaim

So I have it working at a decent speed, but it seems like I have to recalibrate the motion + every few mins, also the nunchuck motion sensor doesnt seem to be responding at all.

Edit: I can deal with the motion plus going out of whack but the nunchuck is really getting to me, it either constantly registers even the slightest movement, or senses nothing.

avp00

I play zelda skyward sword with a ps3 controller connected with on a usb port but the cursor moves by itself and is very slow. The area of the cursor is very small and I can not click on confirm button in the name selection at the beginning of the game. What can I do to fix the problem because after the warning screen when the message tell to put the cursor at the bottom of the screen, the cursor works great without slow mouvement or small area but when I start to create a save the cursor don't react properly.