Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-04-2012, 07:35 AM)HAR65 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, as i thought. As i wrote in my thread, the slingshot-shooting is correct with 3D9. But this backend have major graphic-issues well known (ghosting, dark patterns on the ground).

So 3d9 is NOT interesting for me. I thought you have found a setting for 3D11.

Okay I see where you're are coming from, you aren't using DX9 on purpose because of graphical problems.

If for some reason DX9 is giving you graphical issues in the 3.0 revisions then you should probably just use r7719. Just make sure those graphical issues aren't being caused by incorrect settings.

You should never use anti-aliasing with Skyward Sword, most people's problems come from doing this. High internal resolution replicates AA anyway.

You have the exact same CPU and graphics card as me, I cannot fathom how you get graphical problems and I don't. Try applying my exact DX9 settings that I posted earlier, if you still get graphical issues after that, then something's wrong.
(02-04-2012, 07:39 AM)Helvetica Wrote: [ -> ]Try Open GL?

Wink thx for your answer. I wonder why you all have no graphical issues with 3D9. And yes, i have AA disabled. But then 3D9 have a strong ghosting around all objects.

7719 runs okay with 3D11 but the gecko-codes wont work. As i wrote, none of this really satisfied me. I played it on Wii; gives best results for me Sleepy

hey again , i just wanted to thank you , i actually tried the last reviion of dolphin , it recognized my motion .... faster , ( normal i keep reconnecting 70 times now it's just like 10 times Big Grin ) and th essential part is hat it's working perfectly ii still have the same fps but the textrures are beautiful no glitch nothing !
(02-04-2012, 07:49 AM)HAR65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2012, 07:39 AM)Helvetica Wrote: [ -> ]Try Open GL?

Wink thx for your answer. I wonder why you all have no graphical issues with 3D9. And yes, i have AA disabled. But then 3D9 have a strong ghosting around all objects.

7719 runs okay with 3D11 but the gecko-codes wont work. As i wrote, none of this really satisfied me. I played it on Wii; gives best results for me Sleepy

What exactly do you mean by ghosting?

Are you talking about this:

[Image: KuzqP.jpg]

Because if that's what you mean, it's a Dolphin issue, nothing can be done about it on any revision.
(02-04-2012, 12:55 PM)Helvetica Wrote: [ -> ]Are you talking about this:

[Image: KuzqP.jpg]

Because if that's what you mean, it's a Dolphin issue, nothing can be done about it on any revision.

Yes, thats exactly what i mean, for me its a nogo; i dont want to look at that. Anyway, yesterday i tried OpenGL, as you advised. Its been a while, since ive tested that backend and i expected nothing.

Surprisingly there is NO ghosting here AND the slingshot-shooting works perfect. Like 3D9 and 3D11 you cant use AA, cause it causes heavy glitches (in OpenGL the green part of the plants and trees dissapear Huh), but until now, OpenGL seems to be the best choice:

- no ghosting
- slingshot works great
- gecko-codes are useable

So i think, its no dolphin issue, its an issue with Zelda SS and 3D9.

Thank you

(02-04-2012, 07:45 PM)HAR65 Wrote: [ -> ]Surprisingly there is NO ghosting here AND the slingshot-shooting works perfect. Like 3D9 and 3D11 you cant use AA, cause it causes heavy glitches (in OpenGL the green part of the plants and trees dissapear Huh), but until now, OpenGL seems to be the best choice:

If you ask me, that's not because you use AA but because you edit the settings while the game is running. Try enabling AA, then quit the game and restart it, and *load a game-save* (not a dolphin save state). Then the plants should be there again. Apparently, when changing any graphics settings with OpenGL while the game is running, all textures with alpha-channel are lost. Weird bug, but that's what happens for what I can tell...
(02-04-2012, 09:29 PM)scummos Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2012, 07:45 PM)HAR65 Wrote: [ -> ]Surprisingly there is NO ghosting here AND the slingshot-shooting works perfect. Like 3D9 and 3D11 you cant use AA, cause it causes heavy glitches (in OpenGL the green part of the plants and trees dissapear Huh), but until now, OpenGL seems to be the best choice:

If you ask me, that's not because you use AA but because you edit the settings while the game is running. Try enabling AA, then quit the game and restart it, and *load a game-save* (not a dolphin save state). Then the plants should be there again. Apparently, when changing any graphics settings with OpenGL while the game is running, all textures with alpha-channel are lost. Weird bug, but that's what happens for what I can tell...

Oh how great Smile , its gettin better and better; this means that AA may work, i test it immediately Smile

is OpenGl Faster than 3d9 ?
(02-05-2012, 01:38 AM)sam_yo Wrote: [ -> ]is OpenGl Faster than 3d9 ?

Apparently not for most driver implementations. You can't know if you don't try it, tough. It really depends.
Guys, nobody should be getting graphical corruption with Skyward Sword.

You all must be doing something wrong. Update your video card drivers.

(02-05-2012, 12:21 AM)HAR65 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh how great Smile , its gettin better and better; this means that AA may work, i test it immediately Smile

Using AA in Skyward Sword is unnecessary, raise the internal resolution. That picture I posted on the last page was taken with no AA, and you can see there are no jaggies in sight.

Trying to use AA with Skyward Sword will just give you graphical issues and slow down your framerate.