Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-21-2011, 09:28 PM)zissakos Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

I have read 80% of this mega thread (and still reading), so sorry if the answer is contained in the last 20%... :-)

Has anybody managed to transfer a savegame (a real gamesave of course, not a savestate) from wii to Dolphin(PC) or vice versa?
What is the best way to do this? Does the standard wii method (system menu, data management, copy savegame to sdcard, import in dolphin) work or is a homebrew app like Savegame Manager GX (or Savegame manager MOD) needed?

I was thinking about starting to play on Wii, then transfer to Dolphin, play there a bit, and if there are any problems/crashes transfer back to wii and continue playing there.

thanks in advance!

P.S. Actually, where is the first possibilit to save the game? Yesterday a played the beginning a bit until I could walk freely in Skyloft but after resetting my wii there was no game saved :-( Thought there is an autosave point right after the intro when i can control Link...

Yes you missed it. A Wii save can be transferred to Dolphin via an SD card, just like transferring from Wii to Wii. Import the data.bin into Dolphin.

If the save file is locked however (like with Smash Bros. Brawl), homebrew is required.
I'll answer the second question then.

The game does not use an autosave feature. You have to manually save by using the Bird Statues, in some cases the game will also offer you a chance to save your game. There are several Bird Statues scattered across Skyloft, 1 is just outside the Knight academy. If you had just walked up to it and pressed a you would have realised.

Anyway, there ya goWink
Do you guys also have a delay on the control, if compared with the game running on the Wii???
Tonight I will post two videos, one is of a guy playing it on Wii and the other is me playing on Dolphin!!
Well now I spent 28 hours and I'm somewhere over half through the game.
No cheap deaths since the one from Earth temple.

I take back what I said in a earlier post, this game has a huge atmosphere no doubt about that + it seems there is some kind of Hero mode once you're done which is kinda like a Master Quest version.
Enemies deals twice the damage and it's way harder. Enemies don't drops hearts, no heart flowers etc.
Seems cool, the bugs and materials even carry on to the next play-through.

As for emulation wise, not a single problem so far.

Taliwacker87

USBWired/Wireless sensor bar right here.....$5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170627511873?ssP...338wt_1036
I have a problem with skyward sword and my dolphin version :
-for the last version of dolphin 3.0-204, the game is very fast, i have no problem with that, as fast if i am on wii, but , the graphism are horrible, i have a lot of transparent line all over the textures, but not on link or NPC.

-for the version r7719 ( version where it's seem's to work ), i have the good textures, no transparent line, it's beautifull !! BUT, it's unplayable, the game is really slow.

So, i had to wait for a new version of dolphin make for skyward sword, or i had to buy it on wii ? : x

I have the r7718 is amazing to me is super smooth, I have constant 30fps, I never had to worry fluidity
your probably wrong set dophin
What is your config?
I will try the r7718 so ...
I3, 2,13 ghz
4 GO ram
HD mobility radeaon HD 5730
( i can play BF 3 in ultra with no lag )

( on r7719 or r7718 i have 11 FPS !! ( but good graphism ) / on 3.0-204 i have 30 FPS but bad graphism .... i really need help ... or to wait a new version of dolphin making for this game ( a lot of person like me have the same problem ) )
Could anyone past this scene ? (Isle of Songs)
Skyward Strike doesn't work at all
(11-22-2011, 02:17 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Could anyone past this scene ? (Isle of Songs)
Skyward Strike doesn't work at all

Yep I did that part earlier today, no problem at all.
Well at least all the times I have been there it have worked. I noticed how many hearts you have.

I have only been there twice.

What seems to be wrong?