Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh, so there are textures missing in recent revisions?
I don't have that "frameskipping" issue...try enabling v-sync, or, if it's rather a kind of stutter, try disabling OpenCL Texture Decoder.
(11-14-2011, 06:45 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, so there are textures missing in recent revisions?
I don't have that "frameskipping" issue...try enabling v-sync, or, if it's rather a kind of stutter, try disabling OpenCL Texture Decoder.

It is a stutter (or judder as I call it). OpenCL Texture Decoder is off by default, so that's not it, unless you meant to ENABLE it.

Since you don't have the judder/frameskip issue, would you mind telling us your settings?
The matte effect is not implemented during the night, this looks more like the first screenshots posted here. It looks better like this, IMO:

[Image: skywardswordnight.jpg]

compared to:

[Image: skywardsword.jpg]
@ wildonrio:
Please don't ever say "judder" again. Smile
Well, I'm not even totally sure if I don't get it because I'm not playing at full-speed most of the time, rather 26-27 fps, so it might be hard to notice.
You do know that it's normal for Dolphin to have a little stutter every time there's some new effect on-screen, because that's when Dolphin loads stuff into its shader cache. Shouldn't happen in places where you've been before, though.
Either way, my settings aren't very interesting, but here you go: using r7719 x64, DX11, v-sync, x2 native, 16x anisotropic filtering, unchecked "skip EFB Access from CPU", checked "ignore format changes", EFB Copies -> Virtual, XFB disabled, and in "other" the only ones I've got checked are OpenMP Texture Decoder and Disable Per-Pixel Depth.
(11-14-2011, 07:24 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]unchecked "skip EFB Access from CPU"
I recommend to leave this option checked, because you don't even need slingshot after you get "flying bug". And it will increase your performance twice, seriously...
will there be a way to play it without using the new controllers? I mean I dont want to waste money on a console I dont have...
(11-14-2011, 07:39 AM)kAs1m Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2011, 07:24 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]unchecked "skip EFB Access from CPU"
I recommend to leave this option checked, because you don't even need slingshot after you get "flying bug". And it will increase your performance twice, seriously...

+1 here. Leaving that checked was the biggest boost in speed I got from a single setting.
the game always crashes at the same point for me (entrance to the silent realm). tried various versions of dolphin with the same result.

text is german but i think you'll get the point

[Image: soup01-1.png]
[Image: soup01-2.png]
[Image: soup01-3.png]
[Image: soup01-4.png]
[Image: unbenannt.png]
And if you change the language back to eng?
Did you tried rev v3. 201?
(11-14-2011, 07:59 AM)kAs1m Wrote: [ -> ]And if you change the language back to eng?
Did you tried rev v3. 201?

rev 201 worked. dunno why i didn't tried that ver.

thx anyway Big Grin