Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What about Framelimit to Audio. Did you try this? Did you also try another audio backend (XAudio2)?
Finally worked it out. The sound on my graphics card really doesn't like LLE, switched to HLE and works perfectly. Strange as i could have sworn it worked fine for Xenoblade. Just have to settle for a bit poorer sound.
HLE is fine with this game, no need for LLE. Endless HLE soundloops may happen but are very rare.
(09-02-2012, 10:49 AM)etking Wrote: [ -> ]HLE is fine with this game, no need for LLE. Endless HLE soundloops may happen but are very rare.

No reverbs with HLE. Some people might be picky with this.

zekryn

I'm having some problems with cutscenes.. I bought the Bluetooth dongle, wii mote, and wii motion plus a few months ago and tried to emulate it on my laptop. I ripped the image from my cousin's copy of the game and about 95% of the time, the game freezes at cutscenes. After reloading it right before the first one with Zelda and her father about a dozen times, I got it to load and was able to move on. Same for the second one, but couldn't get past the third. I figured I'd be building a new computer soon and my laptop just couldn't handle it.

So now I have my new computer and I'm having the same problem. I re-ripped my cousins copy and then tried acquiring an image by other means, thinking maybe his was just scratched up or something. Same thing happens. I've tried turning options off and on, downloading different versions of dolphin, but it still happens. When it blacks out to go to a cutscene, about 2-3 seconds of whatever BGM that was playing will go into an infinite loop.

Here's my specs:

Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 3.30GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB
8GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Dolphin 3.0-765
Use LLE. Your system is powerful enough to support it
But you should overclock your CPU for LLE. LLE is really demanding and the stock clock rate of the i5-2500k might not be enough.
Anyone have a save right before levias /wind fish fight?
Here. This will take you straight to the fish fight.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/529674/fightfight.7z

Carborundum

EDIT: I'm stupid. The game requires the sensor bar for this part, and I had forgotten to set it up.

Linux user here, I'm having a bit of trouble running Skyward Sword with a real motionplus wiimote. I have tried three different Dolphin revisions, and the problem manifests in different ways in each one, so I will describe them one by one:

1. 3.0, built and packaged by Glenn Rice. You know at the very start of the game, when it asks you to point the wiimote at the screen and press A (see below for screenshot)? I have to point the wiimote about 120 degrees away from the screen and slightly upwards for it to register correctly. Once I'm past this screen everything works perfectly.
  2. 3.0-750, built and packaged by Glenn Rice. Same as above, except it doesn't matter where I point the wiimote, it still won't register. As such, the game is effectively rendered unplayable.
  3. 3.0-774, built by myself from git. Dolphin crashes moments after launching the game.
I'm currently using 3.0-750, because I experienced a graphics glitch in Super Mario Sunshine in 3.0. This graphics glitch is fixed in both 750 and 774, so I'm reluctant to downgrade.

My setup is as follows:

Operating System: Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit
Processor/CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM
Video Card/GPU: Intel HD4000
Memory/RAM: 8 GB

Any ideas on what could be causing this issue? Thanks in advance!

[Image: soup011.png]