Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-02-2011, 09:24 AM)eyecreate Wrote: [ -> ]I've nearly played through the whole game on dolphin 3.0.1 texcache-rewrite. Looks really nice and only had a crash problem once near end of ancient cistern, which I temp used r7719 to get around. (Overall, though, texcache rewrite has been more stable than r7719, which is why I switched back after the mentioned crash area.) Now if only dolphin-emu wouldn't lose balance of motion plus as often and It'd be perfect.
I suppose you could say this is "accurate," because the Wii loses calibration of the motion plus just as often as Dolphin.

Corvi

is the wiimote on pc as accurate as on a normal wii? seems kinda important for a game like this.

sorry for asking questions probably answered a hundred times elsewhere, just wanna make sure
Hey guys just hoping for a a little help, although my guess is i just need to upgrade.

Games running very well on 7719M x64 on my system except in large open areas such as Skyloft where I can drop to as low as 18-19fps. I've overclocked my E8400 to 4GHz and it's rock solid stable (I can run this game on 7719M for many hours without it crashing) but I still get the same framerate as I did at 3GHz. This is the same even when I set the options to as low as possible such as running at 640x480 with no AA or AF and native internal resolution.

My system specs are:

E8400 @ 4GHz
4GB of DDR2 running at 890Mhz
Radeon HD 4850 512MB at stock speeds

Settings are 1680x1050, 2x IR, 0x AA, 16x AF, Skip EFB Access, EFB copies set to virtual only, external frame buffer disabled, per pixel depth disabled, progressive scan enabled.

If anyone can tell me how to gain 10% performance in Skyloft I'll be your slave forever.
(12-02-2011, 11:53 AM)Corvi Wrote: [ -> ]is the wiimote on pc as accurate as on a normal wii? seems kinda important for a game like this.

sorry for asking questions probably answered a hundred times elsewhere, just wanna make sure

Different people are reporting different things, but in my experience it emulates the wiimote perfectly. As far as I can tell most people are finding this. Only thing that is off for me is aiming with the slingshot but that is due to a setting I have disabled for the sake of emulation speed. If your PC is up to it the aiming issue goes away completely and I've tested this to be sure. I simply choose to cope with the problem as I'm struggling to reach 100% speed with my system.

XClaude

Just posting here to help those who are still struggling:

I tried 3.0+ and got the banding issue. I tried r7719 and had to enable Skip EFB Access, which renders my bow and slingshot useless...

Now, thanks to the textcache-rewrite, I have a package that works great on my system! Skyward Sword runs at great speed with no banding issue and I can aim perfectly fine. Also, unlike r7719, whenever a first enemy battle occurs, game does not lag/freeze for a few seconds. Or when you finish charging your Skyward charge, game does not stutter. Things just happen smoothly!

NOTE: This package is for 64 bit systems only!

Here's my system spec:
Core i7 920 @ 2.6Ghz stock speed
9GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce GTX 570
Windows 7 x64

Here's my configuration:
[attachment=6971]

Here's the download link:
http://ge.tt/9Q21LfA?c

Hope this helps someone.
(12-02-2011, 07:30 PM)XClaude Wrote: [ -> ]Just posting here to help those who are still struggling:

I tried 3.0+ and got the banding issue. I tried r7719 and had to enable Skip EFB Access, which renders my bow and slingshot useless...

Now, thanks to the textcache-rewrite, I have a package that works great on my system! Skyward Sword runs at great speed with no banding issue and I can aim perfectly fine. Also, unlike r7719, whenever a first enemy battle occurs, game does not lag/freeze for a few seconds. Or when you finish charging your Skyward charge, game does not stutter. Things just happen smoothly!

NOTE: This package is for 64 bit systems only!

Here's my system spec:
Core i7 920 @ 2.6Ghz stock speed
9GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce GTX 570
Windows 7 x64

Here's my configuration:

Here's the download link:
http://ge.tt/9Q21LfA?c

Hope this helps someone.

thanks for that package. I have the exact same processor like you (i7 920@2.6ghz), except that I have a GTX 260.
thats why i tried it and it really runs very nice.

now the only problem is that I dont have an original wiimote+ (I have to emulate it with a gamepad, wich is a pain.)
maybe I should just go out and purchase an original one...?

edit:
is your textcache-rewrite version that from JP's (02.12.11 6_04?)

XClaude

Yep. I got the latest version of that textcache-rewrite.
Damn, last couple days I have faced problems with my wiimote. Link starts running and bashing with his shield like crazy.
Did not do this with 7718, does someone know if wiimote plugin is differently compiled?
3rd party wiimote here, thou it worked very well before, I'm afraid it's broken damnit.
Would Wiimote+ response improve with a higher end USB Dongle? Something like

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...6833166037

Its pretty accurate except for a tiny bit of lag (which might be normal and not 1:1 in speed like the PS3 Wand thingy). Im currently borrowing the cheaping USB dongle known to man and is going thru a wall (my computer is in another room)

Good suggestion, something that I thought too so I bought another bluetooth, thou it will take some time to arrive. Tried with ealier version and had same thing occuring.
I guess I just gotta wait, again. Just replaced my mobo and cooler to get better fps. :/
I think they are working emulated m+ now? It would be awesome to play with 360 controller, gotta wait that too I guess. Tongue
(12-03-2011, 05:34 AM)Perunapaa Wrote: [ -> ]Good suggestion, something that I thought too so I bought another bluetooth, thou it will take some time to arrive. Tried with ealier version and had same thing occuring.
I guess I just gotta wait, again. Just replaced my mobo and cooler to get better fps. :/
I think they are working emulated m+ now? It would be awesome to play with 360 controller, gotta wait that too I guess. Tongue

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=20167.

Get out of that cavern now, dude! Tongue