Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Not anymore, but the older revisions do use dll plugins, which is what this is for.

Uuh, I still don't really understand this. So your DLL file can not be used with a recent revision of Dolphin, right? So, what revision are you using it with?
(12-23-2011, 01:05 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Not anymore, but the older revisions do use dll plugins, which is what this is for.

Uuh, I still don't really understand this. So your DLL file can not be used with a recent revision of Dolphin, right? So, what revision are you using it with?

r6515. That revision is faster than the newer ones being discussed in this thread, but it has the banding problem that was fixed in 3.0 223. The plugin I made is modified with the fix from 3.0 223 to fix the problem so that it's possible to play on 6515 for the speed boost but without the banding.

efraim81

(12-23-2011, 03:53 AM)a-dat Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2011, 01:05 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]

r6515. That revision is faster than the newer ones being discussed in this thread, but it has the banding problem that was fixed in 3.0 223. The plugin I made is modified with the fix from 3.0 223 to fix the problem so that it's possible to play on 6515 for the speed boost but without the banding.

Ok i downloaded the plug in and I replaced the file with it, But, I still dont know which are the best settings for the 6515. Could you tell me wich settings are you using?
Aaaaaah, ok, thanks. I'll try it out. My speeds are just about ok, but from what I'm reading here, the end game might become a drag.
(12-23-2011, 04:35 AM)efraim81 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok i downloaded the plug in and I replaced the file with it, But, I still dont know which are the best settings for the 6515. Could you tell me wich settings are you using?

Basically the same settings that have been recommended for the new revisions still apply:

-"Anisotropic Filtering" up to the max doesn't hurt anything, I have it at "x16"
-"Anti-Aliasing" will make things blurry and cost some speed, I leave it at "None"
-Uncheck "Enable CPU Access" will give you a small speed boost, but totally throw of slingshot/bow aiming, I leave it checked
-Enable "Copy" to "Texture"
-Disable "Safe Texture Cache"
-"Scale" as high up as you can go before it starts to slow down (change it while the game is running for quick comparisons), I'm using "x2"
-"Load Native Mipmaps" seems to look better without reducing speed
-I have "EFB Scaled Copy" checked but I'm not sure if it's really doing anything, but it's not slowing anything down either

Everything else just leave unchecked

Self Righteous

I keep getting stuck at this point the game just stay's in black screen when I open the door.

anyone got any tips???

Im using Dolphin 235 with JP's latest build
My rig
4gb ddr3
gtx 460 1gb
Amd 1055T 2.80 six core processer

[Image: 2zz6q2e.png]
@ a-dat: Nice, this indeed works Smile
Game runs much smoother here, ESPECIALLY when "Enable CPU Access" is activated. You need it to have the bow and slingshot aim right and in newer revisions it totally kills performance. Interestingly, in your version there seems to be pretty much no slowdown because of it.
However, it's not all perfect. The graphics are a little less crisp, the offset bloom effect seems to have been stronger back then. However, it's not very noticable and well worth it if someone is struggling with performance in this game.
(12-23-2011, 06:51 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]@ a-dat: Nice, this indeed works Smile
Game runs much smoother here, ESPECIALLY when "Enable CPU Access" is activated. You need it to have the bow and slingshot aim right and in newer revisions it totally kills performance. Interestingly, in your version there seems to be pretty much no slowdown because of it.
What gfx backend are you using?
(12-23-2011, 06:39 AM)Self Righteous Wrote: [ -> ]I keep getting stuck at this point the game just stay's in black screen when I open the door.

anyone got any tips???

Im using Dolphin 235 with JP's latest build
My rig
4gb ddr3
gtx 460 1gb
Amd 1055T 2.80 six core processer

[Image: 2zz6q2e.png]

Use r7719 Wink
@ Neobrain: DX9, the one which a-dat altered and posted. Using it with r6515.
You reckon the CPU Access function in newer revs is kinda "broken" or at least shouldn't be so hard on the performance? Maybe comparing that older code to the new one could show what has been changed and made it so much slower.