Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-27-2011, 11:43 AM)SebastianK Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm running all the settings from the first post on 7719 (Have tried the newest ones too but this one seems to work better) and am able to run this game but very slowly, it's always around 40% speed and <20 FPS. IE unplayable. I've tried lowering the AF down to speed it up and I never have any AA on and that still doesn't help.
I don't think it's a problem with my rig since it's pretty decent.
Intel i7 920 @ 2,66GHz
9GB RAM
Nvidia geforce GTX 470

Any idea how to make this game playable? been trying different configs for days now and none have helped.

Looking at previous posts (And from my own expeience testing the game out on two machines with AMD PhenomII 550's @ 3.1ghz with different graphics cards) it would appear that the CPU's the issue. 3.4ghz has been recomended... but it all really depends on what sort of CPU you have as clock speed isn't everything.

EDIT:
This may help as a nice guide to what clock speed may work for your CPU
http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...rd#Testing
I know I should read through the thread, but there's 102 pages and I'm in a hurry.

Whenever I try to enter the first trial (in the forest), Dolphin crashes. This has happened four times, at exactly the same point every time. I can play the song just fine, but as soon as I strike your sword into the symbol and the screen fades to black, Dolphin always CTD's.

Exceptioninfo.txt contains the following:

Unhandled Exception
Code: 0xC0000005
Call stack info:
0xF1A1B27F : ?

Unhandled Exception
Call stack info:
Dolphin!0x00F0626E : ?

Unhandled Exception
Call stack info:
0xEDE039DD : ?

Unhandled Exception
Call stack info:
0xF71FB27F : ?

Unhandled Exception
Call stack info:
0xEDFC39DD : ?

Unhandled Exception
Call stack info:
0xEC7639DD : ?

My setup is as follows:
Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 GHz
6 GB RAM, 1333 MHz
nVIDIA GTX 460 @ 1920x1080

Dolphin v. 3.0-191
Backend: Direct3D11

Enhancements:
Internal Resolution: 3x Native
Anti-Aliasing: 8 samples (Q32)
Anisotropic Filtering: 16x

Scaled EFB Copy ON
Per-Pixel Lighting ON
Force Texture Filtering ON

Hacks:
Ignore Format Changes ON
EFB Copy to TEXTURE
Texture Cache: Far Left (Safest)
External Frame Buffer DISABLED
Disable Per-Pixel depth ON
OpenMP Texture Decoder ON

penguinswithpie

(11-27-2011, 12:40 PM)LimEJET Wrote: [ -> ]I know I should read through the thread, but there's 102 pages and I'm in a hurry.

Whenever I try to enter the first trial (in the forest), Dolphin crashes. This has happened four times, at exactly the same point every time. I can play the song just fine, but as soon as I strike your sword into the symbol and the screen fades to black, Dolphin always CTD's.

Exceptioninfo.txt contains the following:

Unhandled Exception
Call stack info:
0xF1A1B27F : ?

Unhandled Exception
Call stack info:
Dolphin!0x00F0626E : ?

Unhandled Exception
Call stack info:
0xEDE039DD : ?

Unhandled Exception
Call stack info:
0xF71FB27F : ?

Unhandled Exception
Call stack info:
0xEDFC39DD : ?

Unhandled Exception
Call stack info:
0xEC7639DD : ?

My setup is as follows:
Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 GHz
6 GB RAM, 1333 MHz
nVIDIA GTX 460 @ 1920x1080

Dolphin v. 3.0-191
Backend: Direct3D11

Enhancements:
Internal Resolution: 3x Native
Anti-Aliasing: 8 samples (Q32)
Anisotropic Filtering: 16x

Scaled EFB Copy ON
Per-Pixel Lighting ON
Force Texture Filtering ON

Hacks:
Ignore Format Changes ON
EFB Copy to TEXTURE
Texture Cache: Far Left (Safest)
External Frame Buffer DISABLED
Disable Per-Pixel depth ON
OpenMP Texture Decoder ON

I'm sorry, I don't know how to help you, but I've posted several times in this forum and still haven't read anything about anyone else with a similar problem. I too am using recommended settings and was playing it fine at first. After 25 or so hours in, my dolphin r7719m crashes maybe every half hour to ever hour. I feel like I've done everything in the game twice now.
(11-27-2011, 01:04 PM)penguinswithpie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, I don't know how to help you, but I've posted several times in this forum and still haven't read anything about anyone else with a similar problem. I too am using recommended settings and was playing it fine at first. After 25 or so hours in, my dolphin r7719m crashes maybe every half hour to ever hour. I feel like I've done everything in the game twice now.

Thing is, for me, it runs perfectly at 60 FPS all the time (except in the Bazaar, but with the amount of directional lighting going on in there I guess that's to be expected).
I've only had one crash that wasn't related to the trial, but that was me trying to load a savestate, which obviously doesn't really work.
Has anyone else noticed the weird, texture "striping" that occurs with a v3.0 or higher build only occurs in outside areas? Does this have to do with the lighting code or the shading code? I was playing today using 3.0-204, running around inside the lanaryu mine, and there weren't any visual glitches at all, it looked completely fine. But you go back outside, and things look funny again. :/

PyroDonkey

(11-27-2011, 02:06 PM)MegaJump Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else noticed the weird, texture "striping" that occurs with a v3.0 or higher build only occurs in outside areas? Does this have to do with the lighting code or the shading code? I was playing today using 3.0-204, running around inside the lanaryu mine, and there weren't any visual glitches at all, it looked completely fine. But you go back outside, and things look funny again. :/

Yeah, I get this at anything above 2.0. It's not too big of a deal, but having that extra internal resolution is nice. I don't know why it happens though.
Hey I was wondering is the DoF effect supposed to be this heavy?

This is the game running on DX11
[Image: mQOCS.png]

See its very....filtered.

And this is the game with DX9
[Image: OZuMD.png]

Huge difference and performance but there is still a slight depth of field and the blocky shadows.

Is there a way to just get rid of this effect in lieu of performance? As you can see I don't get the best framerate.

Here are my specs

AMD Athalon X2 6000+ @ 3.1 ghz
ATI Radeon HD 4650 512 mb card
2 gigs of ram
windows 7

so you see not the best emulation rig but still I would like a few extra frames.

Also Im using the texcache rewrite build of the emulated motion plus
As with every other question - read the first post. Youre using the wrong version of dolphin that works best with this game.

(11-27-2011, 05:01 PM)Xenxe Wrote: [ -> ]Hey I was wondering is the DoF effect supposed to be this heavy?

This is the game running on DX11
[Image: mQOCS.png]

See its very....filtered.

And this is the game with DX9
[Image: OZuMD.png]

Huge difference and performance but there is still a slight depth of field and the blocky shadows.

Is there a way to just get rid of this effect in lieu of performance? As you can see I don't get the best framerate.

Here are my specs

AMD Athalon X2 6000+ @ 3.1 ghz
ATI Radeon HD 4650 512 mb card
2 gigs of ram
windows 7

so you see not the best emulation rig but still I would like a few extra frames.

Also Im using the texcache rewrite build of the emulated motion plus

Sytrix

Every 10 to 20 seconds, the screen flashes black for one frame. Any ideas of how to fix?

Running r7719, this happens regardless of what I have External Frame Buffer set at.
(11-27-2011, 05:18 PM)jerrolds Wrote: [ -> ]As with every other question - read the first post. Youre using the wrong version of dolphin that works best with this game.

(11-27-2011, 05:01 PM)Xenxe Wrote: [ -> ]Also Im using the texcache rewrite build of the emulated motion plus

This is the only build I can use for the game.... I can't use anything but the emulated motion+ builds located here http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=20167

Because I do not own a motion+ controller Sad