Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

davicho

Hey guys, any ideas on how to fix this issue? Everytime I save or try to go inside a temple dolphin crashes with a compile error. Huh
Thanks!

(01-02-2012, 03:55 PM)davicho Wrote: [ -> ]Hey All, every time I try to use the Bird Statues to save the game it gives up an ERROR: Trying to compile at 0. LR=8044d6cc
Behavior started today, after I completed some of the Sidequests (I'm about to enter the Fire Sanctuary), don't know if this has anything to do with it.
I've tried all the recompilers and other dolphin versions, but the dialog keeps appearing.
I'm now using the latest build from the Emulated Motion Plus thread (December 19).

Here's a screenshot of the issue. I made a FIFO file but it's like 167MB (http://min.us/mWT7PSYep).
Any ideas on why this could be happening?
Cheers.

orijin

(01-05-2012, 09:10 AM)scummos Wrote: [ -> ]I just finished the game in the current head of jpeterson's branch (somewhere around fce09c6e9). It crashed twice at random places, which is probably due to my CPU which is overclocked far too much. Nothing reproducable, tough. Here's a list of issues I remember; I don't know if any of them are also present on the original platform:
  • Sometimes the bloom/blur/whatever effect flickers when opening a door (door texture is displayed sharp, then a second later it turns blurry -- I'm not even sure which version is "correct").
  • Sound in video sequences stutters. By this I mean "real" video sequences, as in pre-rendered. Thus, this only affects the intro video, and the credits.
  • In the Silent Realms, the Sailcloth is not rendered.
  • Arrows don't always hit the cursor precisely, they're quite randomly distributed around it. Even when shooting twice with the same cursor position, I remember getting two different results in some cases. Enabling / Disabling EFB access from CPU doesn't seem to change anything.
  • If switching the internal resolution back and forth while the game is running, some objects will disappear, especially tree leaves, decoration on the wall, ... I'm not sure, but for me it looks like it's everything with a texture with alpha channel on it. Saving and loading a state preserves this error even through an emulator restart.
  • If the wiimote gets disconnected and you reconnect it, the savestates you saved before don't work any more because the controls don't do anything. Same thing the other way round, if you save a state after the wiimote was disconnected, then restart the game the state won't work (well, it will, but controls don't). I'm using the emulated motion+ input method.
  • Emulation speed is 70-100% on my C2D E6420 CPU @~2x2.7GHz. 18 FPS in Skyloft, 21-24, 26 FPS in outdoor areas, 24-30 FPS in dungeons. There might be a small slowdown after long sessions; I'm not sure. An Intel Core i5 @2x2.4GHz surprisingly performed worse by about 2-3 FPS. Might be limited by the graphics card, tough (although unlikely at 1x IR).

I'm using x64 linux with an nvidia graphics card, and the nvidia binary drivers. Obviously, I use the openGL plugin; I use 2x internal resolution and 1920x1200 monitor resolution. The game looks great, and 2x IR is definitely a huge improvement over 1x IR.

Overall I'm very impressed by the accuracy (and stability!) of the emulation. Good work! Smile

About the game: Surely worth buying for dolphin; emulated wiimote works perfectly about 95% of the time (fighting, running around, doing stuff), but there's a few things which suck (namely drawing on walls, doesn't work at all, but only needed once; the IR cursor, which is hard to control; flying the bird, which is only accurate if you don't do too many things at once). For me, it's not worth the $100 for all the wii equipment ;p

Fi is really Navi 2.0, omg. And that's not an improvement.

Oh, and here's what you're surely all looking for: Fancy screenshots, and about 100 of them. ;D
WARNING: SPOILERS!
http://imgur.com/a/SEOIF#0

Greetings

How can you play the game at maximum 26 fps when you are outside ? When I'm under 30fps I find it too slow.
(01-05-2012, 07:12 PM)orijin Wrote: [ -> ]How can you play the game at maximum 26 fps when you are outside ? When I'm under 30fps I find it too slow.

I have the choice of playing the game at 26fps, spending hundreds of dollars for hardware I'll never need again within a large timeframe,or not playing the game at all. So I play it at 26fps. ;P
I don't find it that bad. What's the issue with running 15% slower? I don't even really notice it.

Greetings
im getting these weird light lines rippling throught stuff. and the sound is crackling a little. used the settings given in the first post except i dont have virtual efb copies in my dolphin so its set to Texture (probably the same thing). dsp lle in audio. using 3.0-204. 8gb ram, hd6850 oc, i5 2500k oc, getting between 24-30fps with 1080p which i think is strangely low. someone post their settings that work? i tried checkin and uncheckin pretty much everything i could but nothing worked...

screenie: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13852424/SOUP01-1.png

I even tried copying the exact same settings from here to my ini but it still doesnt work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDdqAHGq71o

*******------------------
SOLVED: changing to Dolphin win-x64-r7719 helped...
BUT.... now im getting some black "flickering" at the top of the screen occasionally... some serious shadow flickering too

screenie: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13852424/SOUP01-6.png

btw should i use DSP HLE or LLE for this?
(01-06-2012, 03:05 AM)joubqa Wrote: [ -> ]im getting these weird light lines rippling throught stuff. and the sound is crackling a little. used the settings given in the first post except i dont have virtual efb copies in my dolphin so its set to Texture (probably the same thing). dsp lle in audio. using 3.0-204. 8gb ram, hd6850 oc, i5 2500k oc, getting between 26-30fps with 1080p which i think is strangely low. someone post their settings that work? i tried checkin and uncheckin pretty much everything i could but nothing worked...

^ I am having the same issue as joubqa, I don't have an option for Virtual EFB copies under my Dolphin graphics settings.

Also I'm wondering if someone could give me advice on how to optimize the graphics for my system, I am experiencing some really heavy aliasing that makes everything look like a PSX game blown up to a bigger screen. Also every couple minutes the FPS takes a nose-dive into the teens from around 30 FPS.

My specs are in my signature. I don't know if this makes a difference but I can play Skyrim and other games like From Dust and Killing Floor on med-high graphics settings with very little performance issues.

I think it may be that my computer has integrated graphics (two graphics cards), and for some reason Dolphin is only recognizing one of my graphics cards, the Intel HD one:

When it should be using my NVIDIA one. Actually, with the previous Dolphin version it DID recognize my NVIDIA once in the drop down, but after I exited it didn't happen again...

This is my NVIDIA information:

I'm not exactly THE MOST computer savvy, I am but at the same time things like these put up a roadblock for me...

Later today I can post a screenshot of what my game looks like.

EDIT: PPPPFFFFTTT NEVERMIND GUYS I FOUND IT. I had to add Dolphin to the list of programs on my NVIDIA Control Panel then change it so the preferred GPU is NVIDIA. I'm at school but will test at home to see if the FPS and graphics are better. I was able to get to the sort of main screen where it says "Wiimote Communications interrupted" (because I have no wiimote here at school haha) and the FPS showed to be around 60-ish, but that was just the main screen. Removed pics from the post to keep it clean. Though one I still want to know about the whole Virtual EFB business

EDIT 2: Okay, at home, and I get an average 23 FPS which is good, though I don't know if that will stay the same for say, boss battles or areas with a lot of activity. The game looks PHENOMENAL though, I used the settings in the first post, 2x Native, 2x AF, and Direct3D9 (no AA, I think it would drop performance too much). Here are some screens I just took:

[Image: ss2pp.th.png]
[Image: ss1kw.th.png]

So I guess I fixed my own problem in a way... but I'll leave this post here incase other people have a similar issue!

Harshboy

(01-06-2012, 04:21 AM)Magsley Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not exactly THE MOST computer savvy, I am but at the same time things like these put up a roadblock for me...

Your laptop has optimus which is an automated gpu switching technology. All you need to do is put the dolphin.exe on the whitelist which will then tell your computer to always use the nvidia gpu (540m) instead of the integrated intel gpu. This setting is somewhere in the nvidia control panel.

You can probably find a detailed guide on how to add an application to this whitelist on google if you can't figure it out.

(01-06-2012, 03:05 AM)joubqa Wrote: [ -> ]im getting these weird light lines rippling throught stuff. and the sound is crackling a little. used the settings given in the first post except i dont have virtual efb copies in my dolphin so its set to Texture (probably the same thing). dsp lle in audio. using 3.0-204. 8gb ram, hd6850 oc, i5 2500k oc, getting between 24-30fps with 1080p which i think is strangely low. someone post their settings that work? i tried checkin and uncheckin pretty much everything i could but nothing worked...

I even tried copying the exact same settings from here to my ini but it still doesnt work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDdqAHGq71o

BUT.... now im getting some black "flickering" at the top of the screen occasionally... some serious shadow flickering too

ok, using 3.0-308 helped. didnt even know it was out
(01-06-2012, 04:35 AM)joubqa Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-06-2012, 03:05 AM)joubqa Wrote: [ -> ]im getting these weird light lines rippling throught stuff. and the sound is crackling a little. used the settings given in the first post except i dont have virtual efb copies in my dolphin so its set to Texture (probably the same thing). dsp lle in audio. using 3.0-204. 8gb ram, hd6850 oc, i5 2500k oc, getting between 24-30fps with 1080p which i think is strangely low. someone post their settings that work? i tried checkin and uncheckin pretty much everything i could but nothing worked...

ok, using 3.0-308 helped. didnt even know it was out

Where did you find that? The latest version on the main site is 3.0-363...

Also Harshboy- thanks I figured it out haha Smile
(01-05-2012, 09:10 AM)scummos Wrote: [ -> ]I just finished the game in the current head of jpeterson's branch (somewhere around fce09c6e9). It crashed twice at random places, which is probably due to my CPU which is overclocked far too much. Nothing reproducable, tough. Here's a list of issues I remember; I don't know if any of them are also present on the original platform:
  • Sometimes the bloom/blur/whatever effect flickers when opening a door (door texture is displayed sharp, then a second later it turns blurry -- I'm not even sure which version is "correct").
  • Sound in video sequences stutters. By this I mean "real" video sequences, as in pre-rendered. Thus, this only affects the intro video, and the credits.
  • In the Silent Realms, the Sailcloth is not rendered.
  • Arrows don't always hit the cursor precisely, they're quite randomly distributed around it. Even when shooting twice with the same cursor position, I remember getting two different results in some cases. Enabling / Disabling EFB access from CPU doesn't seem to change anything.
  • If switching the internal resolution back and forth while the game is running, some objects will disappear, especially tree leaves, decoration on the wall, ... I'm not sure, but for me it looks like it's everything with a texture with alpha channel on it. Saving and loading a state preserves this error even through an emulator restart.
  • If the wiimote gets disconnected and you reconnect it, the savestates you saved before don't work any more because the controls don't do anything. Same thing the other way round, if you save a state after the wiimote was disconnected, then restart the game the state won't work (well, it will, but controls don't). I'm using the emulated motion+ input method.
  • Emulation speed is 70-100% on my C2D E6420 CPU @~2x2.7GHz. 18 FPS in Skyloft, 21-24, 26 FPS in outdoor areas, 24-30 FPS in dungeons. There might be a small slowdown after long sessions; I'm not sure. An Intel Core i5 @2x2.4GHz surprisingly performed worse by about 2-3 FPS. Might be limited by the graphics card, tough (although unlikely at 1x IR).

I'm using x64 linux with an nvidia graphics card, and the nvidia binary drivers. Obviously, I use the openGL plugin; I use 2x internal resolution and 1920x1200 monitor resolution. The game looks great, and 2x IR is definitely a huge improvement over 1x IR.

Overall I'm very impressed by the accuracy (and stability!) of the emulation. Good work! Smile

About the game: Surely worth buying for dolphin; emulated wiimote works perfectly about 95% of the time (fighting, running around, doing stuff), but there's a few things which suck (namely drawing on walls, doesn't work at all, but only needed once; the IR cursor, which is hard to control; flying the bird, which is only accurate if you don't do too many things at once). For me, it's not worth the $100 for all the wii equipment ;p

Fi is really Navi 2.0, omg. And that's not an improvement.

Oh, and here's what you're surely all looking for: Fancy screenshots, and about 100 of them. ;D
WARNING: SPOILERS!
http://imgur.com/a/SEOIF#0

Greetings

you mention that the sound stutters in the rendered video sections. where is this at the start of the game? i thought all video was done inside the game engine..

perhaps your CPU is too low for this sections.

can anyone confirm who has finished the game that the end credits play properly on R7719 or 3.0-223?
(01-06-2012, 06:56 AM)KTroopA Wrote: [ -> ]you mention that the sound stutters in the rendered video sections. where is this at the start of the game? i thought all video was done inside the game engine..

perhaps your CPU is too low for this sections.

can anyone confirm who has finished the game that the end credits play properly on R7719 or 3.0-223?
Yes, it's likely that a better CPU would do okay. I don't know.
The sound in the intro video (which plays when you start the game for the first time or wait a while on the start screen) stutters too.