Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

it is possible to do the Bird Riding with keyboard why peps lied to me D: QQ
(12-06-2011, 04:22 AM)syztemlord Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondered if anyone is having problems flying your loftwing? Every time I try and fly up it just sits there flapping away, I always end up in the cloud bank and can't get out of it. I'm using a real wiimote and I've tried several different versions of Dolphin.

hey, i had this problem for a while... you really have to throw your wiimote back and forth with a lot of effort, the instructions arent very easy

jrizej6

hi, first post here and im in need of some help. i got my controls set up and started up SS and im having a graphical problem. heres what im looking at
[Image: zeldaSS-1.jpg]
excuse my lack of technical terminology, but the diagonal lines definitely dont look right. i read the last few pages and messed around a bit with the graphic settings but still cant get rid of it. here are my settings.
[Image: zeldaSSconfig.jpg]

can anyone help?
Read first post, please Wink

Halaster

The game has been running great for me up till the first time I reach the desert.
At this point I can no longer proceed further.

The game constantly crashes with the following error messages:

Code:
BackPatch: Currently only supporting reads.

Attempted to write to 61796252.

Code:
Backpatch write - not through EAX

I had zero crashes up to this point, and now the crashes occur nearly constantly. I can wander around with a bug net catching tumbleweeds for around 2 to 4 minutes and then the crash occurs. I also have a save state right before obtaining the upgrade to the beetle that will crash with the same error message the second it is loaded.

I have attempted the following builds:
r7719
3.0-204
3.0-208
3.0-208 with the last two texcache-rewrite builds

Anyone have any idea how to fix this or how I can continue the game beyond this point ?

System Specifications:
Code:
Intel i5-2500k@4ghz
Gskill 8GB DDR3
EVGA GeForce 460 OC 1024mb
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

triggstar360

hi i'm new here and i'm trying to play skyward sword on my macbook pro but its really slow can someone please help me set the perfect setting for it to play normally. I have the mid 2010 macbook pro here are the specs
13-inch MacBook Pro
2.4GHz Core 2 Duo

jrizej6

(12-07-2011, 11:30 AM)tiku Wrote: [ -> ]Read first post, please Wink

thank you. i started with the newest build of dolphin and thats where i was encountering the problems. i ran r7719 as suggested and everything is fine. thanks again.
(12-07-2011, 01:20 AM)Maniax2 Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if there is a way to tweak the game directly more specifically using Nvidia Control Panel settings like in other games by just adding the dolphin executable to the list?

After doing some tweaking i managed to bring the game from 21 to 25 frames up to around 30 and 28 Big Grin!

i just went to the nvidia control panel then to 3d settings and saw i had my settings on "Let the 3d application decide" which is fine i guess...so i tried new setting: "Use preference Emphasizing and changed to Performance" then hit ok...

game looked slightly less good (almost unnoticeable) so minimal graphics change that the frame increment was worth it...

using gtx 285 with nvidia driver 285.62 and nvidia control panel 3.9 my dolphin settings are 3.0-283 64x using latest 64x motion+ executable on 1680x1050 res

no AA
Internal Res 3x
anisotrofic 2x
Direct 9

hope it improves for you as well
(12-07-2011, 03:05 PM)triggstar360 Wrote: [ -> ]hi i'm new here and i'm trying to play skyward sword on my macbook pro but its really slow can someone please help me set the perfect setting for it to play normally. I have the mid 2010 macbook pro here are the specs
13-inch MacBook Pro
2.4GHz Core 2 Duo

You can't, for two main reasons:

1: For Dolphin to work correctly, you need a medium-to high-end computer with a modern GPU.

2: MacBooks are generally 1 1/2 to 2 years behind on the hardware side, and none of them have good GPU's.
(12-07-2011, 11:25 AM)jrizej6 Wrote: [ -> ]hi, first post here and im in need of some help. i got my controls set up and started up SS and im having a graphical problem. heres what im looking at
[Image: zeldaSS-1.jpg]
excuse my lack of technical terminology, but the diagonal lines definitely dont look right. i read the last few pages and messed around a bit with the graphic settings but still cant get rid of it. here are my settings.
[Image: zeldaSSconfig.jpg]

can anyone help?
yo! go here http://www.mediafire.com/?eta17d97uw4m4 and download the textcache rewrite ones will fix your issue Smile