Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-20-2011, 04:37 AM)Zephyricalus Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2011, 04:14 AM)Gambit61 Wrote: [ -> ]I just ran into another bug. For some reason the audio during the cutscene with Fi and Link playing the harp in Skyloft was really messed up. The song was completely out of sync lol. Also, the music that plays when you open a blue chest is completely off. Then there's also the rare occasions where the bgm will loop at weird times until i go to a different area. Has anyone else noticed weird audio glitches? I've been using HLE with DSound backend at 48000Hz if that makes a difference.

I had the last issue. Sometimes in dungeons with layering audio for different rooms, multiple tracks would play on top of each other on HLE. I changed the backend to XAudio and turned off Audio Throttle. I don't know if that was the issue but the problem has never cropped up again since and it's been a while (Lanayru Mining Facility -> Completing the Sand Ship dungeon).

Nice, switching to XAudio fixed the loop and blue chest bugs. I just learned the second song from the goddess after clearing dungeon 4 and everything sounded perfect. Thanks! Big Grin
(11-20-2011, 06:50 AM)NinetyOne Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2011, 06:43 AM)istateside Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having serious problems with the Motion+ controls. The game runs fine, only running at Native Resolution, but everything runs smoothly. The game recognizes my controller and all of that. I just finished the second temple. However, the Motion+ controls are getting more and more frustrating to deal with. It seems like the game doesn't care which direction I swing the controller in, Link will either not swing at all or will swing randomly. Sometimes the direction he's holding his sword won't match up with my controller at all. This is fixable by pointing directly at the Sensor Bar for a second, but it happens constantly. Anytime I have to fight a Baba or a Bokoblin or any other enemy that requires precise swinging, it takes forever. I usually end up just waving the controller randomly and hoping it'll hit. I'm using a real Wiimote with a Motion+ attachment and a wireless sensor bar.

Could it be an issue with my USB bluetooth adapter? Or are the Motion+ controls really that inaccurate?

Having the exact same problem. I'm only using a 99p Bluetooth dongle but from what I've read that's what most people use.

Okay listen up people, I posted about this a few pages back. Here is what I said:

Helvetica Wrote:I just want to get everyone informed about the recurring control problems people are having. After playing this on an actual Wii, and based on the reports of many people in this thread, your ability to use Wii Motion Plus correctly with this games seems to be tied to the quality of your Bluetooth device. Apparently some people can play with near-perfect Wii emulated controls, these people most likely have high quality Bluetooth devices that are getting no outside interference. For the rest of us, there are problems. Sensitivity is very low, lowering the IR sensitivity to 1 or 2 seems to be a popular method of helping alleviate some of the sluggishness. Experimenting with the position of your sensor bar also seems to help, remember the bar is key for recalibration of your hand position.

Unless you have a very high quality Bluetooth device, do not expect to have controls mimicking the responsiveness obtained on an actual Wii. It also appears that Bluetooth adapters that have worked flawlessly in the past with other games could still possibly not be up to par with what Skyward Sword is demanding in remote data flow. I know it sounds silly that only Skyward Sword would be doing this, but this game is probably the most Motion+ infused game that the Wii will ever see, so maybe adapters that have worked in the past just cant keep up with what Skyward Sword needs.

This is just a hypothesis, don't take it as fact just yet, but based on what I've gathered in the last few pages and hours of experimenting and talking to others with similar problems, I think it would be good information for everyone to consider, regardless of if it turns out to be factual or not.

Now then, I suggest everyone having control issues go out and get a high quality Bluetooth adapter. I am using this. Worked great for all of my Dolphin endeavors...until I tried Skyward Sword. These kind of cheap micro dongles will give you problems with Skyward Sword. As istateside said, the game is fully playable and it works, but dear god is it frustrating. Fighting Bokoblins and common enemies that should only take a few seconds can stretch into minutes. I myself gave up trying to defeat the first boss because it was impossible with the game never picking up my controls accurately.

Now be aware that some of these mini dongles may work, as mentioned by h111 who said he was using this without any issues, although I cannot confirm that since I do not have a comparison with that dongle to an actual Wii. He did however say that he paid $15 for the device though, and it has a brand name, so you can clearly see how his may work while mine does not. I highly recommend that people who suspect that their Bluetooth adapters are causing control issues, to replace their current adapter with one of high quality, and possibly larger size. Such as this or possibly this. The issue here is about quality of the device, don't assume all larger adapters will have better quality. Something like this may work just as well.

[color=#FF0000]THOSE ARE JUST EXAMPLES, DO NOT IMPULSE BUY THEM. UNTESTED, UNCONFIRMED AT THIS TIME.[/color]
Having some pretty big frame issues. Indoors, I get 30fps solid, but when I get outside most of the time, it ranges anywhere from 15-25 FPS. I could deal with the 25, but when it's under that, it's unplayable. What's strange is, I get the same performance on any resolution, at any AA, AF level. 1080p is the same as 720p. 1x AF is the same as 16x AF. Sad

Any ideas? I know it's probably my CPU being a bottleneck.

i5-460m @ 3.04GHz (can't OC past this, motherboard limitation on laptop)
8GB DDR3
AMD HD5870m 1GB

Dolphin r7719m
Using settings posted earlier in this thread, have tried a mixture of all.
About to pick up Skyward Sword at Gamestop in a little bit. Wondering what I want for settings for Dolphin when I get home? Also which version should I be using? Just regular 3.0 or one of the newer "Beta" versions? I want Skyward Sword to run as good as it possible can, but also as fluid as it can.
Specs:
Intel Core i7 920 Bloomfield Processor (I CAN overclock it if it'll help, but prefer not to if I don't have to)
6 GBs DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 570HD Video Card

Thanks!!
(11-20-2011, 09:27 AM)kturcotte Wrote: [ -> ]About to pick up Skyward Sword at Gamestop in a little bit. Wondering what I want for settings for Dolphin when I get home? Also which version should I be using? Just regular 3.0 or one of the newer "Beta" versions? I want Skyward Sword to run as good as it possible can, but also as fluid as it can.
Specs:
Intel Core i7 920 Bloomfield Processor (I CAN overclock it if it'll help, but prefer not to if I don't have to)
6 GBs DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 570HD Video Card

Thanks!!

Did you read OP?

theicephoenix

Where can i find a download link to SVN 6252? and oh please don't try and tell me the download archive i have tried that all the links for a goo number of sSVN 6000 and older seem to be down. and i have Googled it and every link i come across is dead. so if someone can maybe upload a zipped copy of their SVN with maybe the settings file set up for testing that would be awesome.
thanks in advance
(11-20-2011, 09:27 AM)kturcotte Wrote: [ -> ]About to pick up Skyward Sword at Gamestop in a little bit. Wondering what I want for settings for Dolphin when I get home? Also which version should I be using? Just regular 3.0 or one of the newer "Beta" versions? I want Skyward Sword to run as good as it possible can, but also as fluid as it can.
Specs:
6 GBs DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 570HD Video Card

Thanks!!

Read the first post.

Revision 7719
Enable Skip EFB Access to CPU=more frames, cant aim
Disable Skip EFB Access to CPU=aim properly, slower game
Disable Cache Display Lists to prevent Link's sword from disappearing
Use AF x16 to prevent Banding problem
Do not use AA under any circumstances with pre-3.0 revisions
Raising/Lowering Internal Resolution does not hinder/help FPS on powerful machines
3.0 revisions have a problem rendering the Depth of Field effect, don't bother with them unless you absolutely cannot run the game on older revisions
If you must use 3.0, the only way to fix the problem is with Texture to RAM, although that will destroy your framerate unless you have a god computer
Dont ask about emulating Wii Motion+, its not possible, Motion+ with real Wiimote required, no exceptions
XAudio2 may fix sound problems if you are having any

(11-20-2011, 03:05 AM)TyDoMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply.
My average FPS is 30, and drops to 25 at certain times.
The times I've noticed are: Outside the bazaar, several areas in the desert, skyloft at night, and other times I won't mention for spoilers sake.

Other than the drop in FPS the game plays and looks great.

Any suggestions on how I might fix this?

Thanks

I was thinking your FPS was chugging when it dropped, a 5 frame drop in large areas pretty much means your computer can't handle it. But since it's just random locations I'm not exactly sure. I've noticed some strange things with this game. During the first temple, my first time encountering a Skulltula, my FPS dropped by 10 when I was Z targeting. Whenever I released Z, the FPS shot back up, and then back down when I re-targeted. This worried me immensely because it wasn't happening before, and I had just entered the first enemy intensive area. I restarted Dolphin, and magically, it never happened again. So maybe it's just a quirk like that, beyond what I said though, I'm not really sure what to do.

Aaargh, I have trouble getting this game running without glitches no matter what I try. With 3.0+ there is the glitch with the depth of field and EFB to RAM is too slow so those versions are no good. If I try the recommended revision I get flickering black graphics all over the place at random with DX11 (example) and weird shadow errors or something with DX9 (like this).

I have tried changing all the graphics settings around but I still can't fix either problem.
(11-20-2011, 10:03 AM)n-fani Wrote: [ -> ]Aaargh, I have trouble getting this game running without glitches no matter what I try. With 3.0+ there is the glitch with the depth of field and EFB to RAM is too slow so those versions are no good. If I try the recommended revision I get flickering black graphics all over the place at random with DX11 (example) and weird shadow errors or something with DX9 (like this).

I have tried changing all the graphics settings around but I still can't fix either problem.

Try alternative revisions, some people are using 7718 and claim it works better for them than 7719.

LE-FISH

Is it possible to transfer a Wii save file to work with the Dolphin?

Currently in the second dungeon, and would love to continue playing on the Dolphin!

Thanks Smile