Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-29-2012, 01:00 AM)nafeasonto Wrote: [ -> ]Guys this is a WEIRD bug. For some reason PIPITS floor is not cleaning using the Gust Bellows, the dirt is just staying there... Anyone else have this issue??

Try dragging the "Texture Cache Accuracy" slider towards "Safe".
(01-28-2012, 01:09 PM)nafeasonto Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2012, 07:53 AM)addMitt Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2012, 12:53 AM)Helvetica Wrote: [ -> ]My Settings (No settings are being overridden by the configuration file)

Revision: 3.0-371

Your Bluetooth adapter should work fine, just make sure you plug it in as close as possible to where you are when you're playing.

As far as overclocking, I actually applied an automated overclock process, and I'm starting to regret it, I'm having some trouble with crashing. I wanted to see if these built in automated processes were worth using, guess not. I'll probably reset to default and do it manually from the BIOS.
I recently upgraded from the stock i5 2500k Intel cooler to this.

Thanks for this btw. I just got the slingshot the other day and discovered I had the aiming glitch. Skip EFB was already off, but I applied your exact settings and now have had NO problems with the game so far. It looked like it was skipping a bit when I first booted it up, but it was smooth after that.

I actually just got that cooler in the mail. Should be trying to overclock tomorrow or something.

Still doesn't make sense to me how we need super computers to run this emulator. When the WII itself is only 900MHZ even double that is only 1800MHZ.

It's like this for all emulation. Video games are optimized to use the hardware they have been released for and nothing else, so obviously trying to play it on something else is going to cause massive issues. That's why we need really fast computers to compensate.

I remember back when Dolphin first started, trying to play Smash Bros. Melee, and getting 15 FPS even on the best hardware available for the time. Dolphin and many other emulators have come a long way, the developers have poured innumerable hours of their free time into these projects to accurately emulate consoles as close as possible. Even with all this progress, our computers still need to be top of the line to close the framerate gap created by using foreign hardware.
(01-29-2012, 02:04 AM)Helvetica Wrote: [ -> ]It's like this for all emulation. Video games are optimized to use the hardware they have been released for and nothing else, so obviously trying to play it on something else is going to cause massive issues. That's why we need really fast computers to compensate.

That's not even the problem, the optimization. The problem is that the usual processors don't understand the game's binary code natively, and thus there needs to be an abstraction layer -- an abstraction layer between the very lowest layer available, and the game. If the game asks to add two numbers together, that usually takes like one processor cycle. However, if the processor can't understand the "add" command, then there's software needed which translates it first, which might need a LOT more time (if you implemented it in a straightfoward way, I'm sure it could take something like 100 cycles easily -- imagine a C++ program which calculates 3+5 compared to one which parses the string "3+5" and then executes the operation encoded in it). It's really fancy and a miracle that emulating a processor as strong as the Wii one works *at all*, and I guess you need really sophisticated tricks to do it as fast as dolphin does.

Middy

I'm sorry if this question has been answered already, but I don't want to go through 186 pages to look, so I will just ask it.

My sound and video are off. The video is way slower than the audio that plays in the background. I can't even get past the opening video without getting annoyed. I hear Zelda singing way before she even appears on screen.

I'm new to all of this stuff, so is there any way to fix this? Please and thank you.
It appears there are some graphics issues (recent?), I say recent because I don't remember one issue in particular during my last playthrough. With the DX11 backend there appears to be two issues, one is that seeds from the slingshot don't hit where I am aiming but veers off the the side a bit, not a big issue but annoying, doesn't happen with DX9. The other issue happens when activating a timeshift stone, namely in Lanyru Mining Facility outside the boss door, down the stairs when the cart with the stone stops at the gate link appears to sink into the floor/stairs when outside the radius of the timeshift stone effects. This is only an issue with the DX11 backend and EFB to Texture, it does not happen with EFB to Ram nor does it happen with DX9 and EFB to Texture.

Another issue, related to DX9 is that enabling EFB to Ram with DX9 makes everything look horrible whereas DX11 with EFB to Ram looks fine.

An issue with both DX9 and DX11 with EFB to texture (not sure if using efb to ram fixes this) is that when hitting a timeshift stone either on the Sand Ship or in the area outside the Temple of Time in Lanyru Desert the sky turns black until the scene/sequence is over and Link regains control. I remember that switching to DX11 fixed this in the past but it is doing this regardless of the backend used now in recent revisions.
The last room before the boss in Lanayru Mining Facility is very buggy. Textures on all non-world items constantly flicker, the blue past/future ring can glow through walls, Link appears to be walking through floors, and when using the gust bellows or any other third-person item, his body will start cropping offscreen. At first I thought this was a problem on my end, but this is the only room that I've encountered ANY problems in so far, and they stop as soon as I leave it. The problems in the room begin whenever you hit a crystal to make a portion of the room past.

Has anyone else experienced these problems?
I forgot to mention that I can't test anything. My power supply in my PC blew earlier this week so it is now en route to Hayward, CA corresponding an RMA for replacement. For the next couple weeks I will be using my roommate's pc which apparently has an AMD64 single core processor, 2 gigs of ram and a Nvidia Geforce 6100. Sad
(01-29-2012, 05:02 AM)Middy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry if this question has been answered already, but I don't want to go through 186 pages to look, so I will just ask it.

My sound and video are off. The video is way slower than the audio that plays in the background. I can't even get past the opening video without getting annoyed. I hear Zelda singing way before she even appears on screen.

I'm new to all of this stuff, so is there any way to fix this? Please and thank you.

There's indeed *very few* places in the game with "pre-rendered" audio which will desync from the video sequences if those don't run at full speed. I only remember two occasions explicitly where this happened, and it was more like "oh, funny issue" than an annoyance. Try plaing a bit further, I don't think it's a problem at all.
I also think there's no way to possibly fix it.
If his video output is running any slower than full speed then there will be audio desyncs especially with HLE audio.
(01-29-2012, 10:16 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]If his video output is running any slower than full speed then there will be audio desyncs especially with HLE audio.

Yes, but they're absolutely undetectable 99% of the time. Of couse the background music desyncs from the game, but how would you possibly notice that?