Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you use savestates? Did you try the official Dolphin 3.0 release? Did you try to redump your game? What are your Dolphin settings, can you post 'em pls?
(07-16-2012, 02:05 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2012, 12:51 AM)Coral Beef Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also having the same problem. When i enter the fire temple (Or whatever it's called), it does the little cutscene with the 5-piece key and then walks in. It fades to black and nothing loads.
Does anybody have a fix?

Use LLE

cooldog74

Hi, I am able to run just fine but I have a few minor graphical issues. First off, I am getting a few jaggies here and there and a way to fix it without anti aliasing(Causes issues for me) would be awesome. Now for the real reason I am here. When I play the game lighting effects are severely odd. Tings in brighter light/that are far away seem to have a wierd glow or aurora around them. Sometimes they appear to be doubled with an over lapping translucent version of the object. My settings are:

16x AF

0 AA

4x native

V sync enabled

Per Pixel lighting Checked

Force texture filtering Checked

Scaled EBF copy Checked

EBF copies set to texture (RAM just is a mess)

Accuracy set to safe

External frame buffer disabled

Dual Core and Idle skipping enabled

JITIL experimental

The game looks amazing aside from the minor jaggies and lighting. Is there any way to fix this?
Uncheck
* V-Sync
* Per-Pixel-Lighting
* Force Texture filtering

Besides, set the AF to 1x and use the JIT Recompiler. (JITIL CAN be slower on 64-Bit systems)

cooldog74

(07-26-2012, 06:11 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Uncheck
* V-Sync
* Per-Pixel-Lighting
* Force Texture filtering

Besides, set the AF to 1x and use the JIT Recompiler. (JITIL CAN be slower on 64-Bit systems)

Sadly that didn't help Sad I've just decided to deal with it as it isn't that bad and from research I've done nearly everyone has the same problem.
(07-26-2012, 06:11 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Besides, set the AF to 1x

AF does fix some problems in this game, at lest in dx11
I was thinking about playing this again but last time I played, 7719 was the De Facto revision to use. I checked the wiki and it says that recent versions are compatible but is there a new "gold standard" I should use to play SkyWard Sword? I have a fast rig and my main concern is to play it with as few issues as possible.

Thanks!
(07-28-2012, 05:33 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]... but is there a new "gold standard" I should use to play SkyWard Sword?

Ive tested 3.0-720 last week and played Skyward one hour. The best videobackend ist OpenGL. No graphical issues and its possible to use AA. Furthermore the slingshot-shooting is correct. Some people say, that there are some things missing, like doors or plants if using Open Gl, but that is not true. It only happens after changing graphic elements like AA or res INGAME. If you stop Dolphin and restart the game, everything is alright.

Furhtermore ive used LLE for better sound. Your rig is similar to mine, so you should have no problems. At last i would recommend a real Wiimote.

Avoid outdated 3.0 official release, the Gecko-codes wont work here and they are necessary for avoiding that damned "treasure notification".

Regarding the Toshiba stack Motion+ desync, I think that is normal. On my system Motion+ is always out of Sync in SS, shortly after you calibrate it, ti will fall out of sync again. But it is not a big problem, gameplay wise.

Also, the video output looks very blurry, in DX9 more than in DX11.
I know I will probably be bashed, but I have searched the thread and there were no results.
I am using the emulated Motion Plus method and everything is wokring fine so far, but ingame, I cant pass this margin and so cant even press the OK button.
Anyone know how to fix the problem?

Thank you

PS: sorry for the huge image!

[Image: 6ywwj2qr.png]