Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-29-2011, 05:03 AM)jerrolds Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone find or post screenshots of it running in Dolphin vs Nintendo Wii?

I know resolution looks better, but i wanna see how bad the emulation is when it comes to the things it cant emulate properly

1) cut scene blurriness vs original
2) painted effect/DoF backgrounds

I think it looks stunning on r7719 but i jsut wanna see how much off it is

thanks

I found the emulator to play the game better then the Wii.
Everything was emulated properly just perfect from start to finish.

I think that if we put screenshots to compare the two, Dolphin would outshine it.
The more accurate thing to imply is that the actual Wii would be off.
hey guys, i'm really not thinking about reading all 108 pages lol, but my 2 questions are: how good does this game work (faster than zelda tp, slower or even same?), and can i play this without any kind of controler? (maybe with mouse and keyboard? Big Grin)
Thx for all helpful replies! ^^
kAs1m: thx for the info and yes i have a cordless sensor bar. strange how people complain that they need to recalibrate though, i mean the sensor bar + M+ is obviously a must-have to even be able to play this game..

I'll never understand people playing Wii games with an xbox controller or something. Why would anyone want to do that to themselves. That's like playing golf with a baseball bat. Sure it may work but WHY? If you want to play Wii games then get yourself a fricken wii-mote.
(11-27-2011, 09:26 PM)joseph9631 Wrote: [ -> ]The instructional video is just a black screen for me, why is this?
Okay, so I am having some glitches/bugs.

There are lines going across the screen which makes the game really ugly, they move around also (when link moves). It also sort of makes the game different shades (lighter in some parts, where the lines are).

The sound is sort of jittery, you can hear weird notes in the background of the song playing.

Why is the game dropping framerate? my rig is this - How can I get it at a smooth 30 FPS and still make the game look good?

Thanks.

Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
GTX 570
Corsair 6GB Kit (3x2GB), PC-12800 (1600MHz) DDR3
Western Digital 1TB, Caviar Black, SATA-II, 7200RPM, 32MB Cache
HAF 932
Noctua NH-U12P-SE2 All-In-One CPU Cooler

Simple. Overclock your CPU to atleast 3.5Ghz.

(11-28-2011, 10:13 PM)mkultra72 Wrote: [ -> ]is it worth getting this + motion plus? been looking at user comments on many forums and many seems to complain about the controls, that they need to re-calibrate them like every 5 minute and that boss battles are very hard because of the controlls.. on the other hand some of the reviews (except the gamespot one and a few others) says the controls are good or even great. no idea what to believe Smile

I'd say it's worth it. Not only would you have the newest controller to play Zelda with, but you'd have a Wiimote, good for playing everything else in Dolphin. I don't have to recalibrate every 5min., maybe a few times during heavy wiimote using per hour, but nothing crazy.
(11-29-2011, 05:11 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2011, 05:03 AM)jerrolds Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone find or post screenshots of it running in Dolphin vs Nintendo Wii?

I know resolution looks better, but i wanna see how bad the emulation is when it comes to the things it cant emulate properly

thanks

I think that if we put screenshots to compare the two, Dolphin would outshine it.

Well if youre using r7719, then not everything is emulated properly. Depth of Field (painting effect) and blurriness in cutscenes are unavoidable in any Dolphin Emulator afaik.

Of course if you increase the internal resolution to 3x-4x then itll look better - but there are a few things that arent emulated 100% - i just want to see how much those few things are off

And Wii can never be "off" since it was designed for that hardware.

Plus im not sure how close the "feel" of the wiimote+ is on the dolphin, is it 100%? Cuz there is a tiny bit of lag for me kind of like ghosting if you remember how graphics used to be on old LCDs, not sure if its like that on actual Wii hardware
(11-29-2011, 07:00 AM)jerrolds Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2011, 05:11 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks

Well if youre using r7719, then not everything is emulated properly. Depth of Field (painting effect) and blurriness in cutscenes are unavoidable in any Dolphin Emulator afaik.

Of course if you increase the internal resolution to 3x-4x then itll look better - but there are a few things that arent emulated 100% - i just want to see how much those few things are off

And Wii can never be "off" since it was designed for that hardware.

Plus im not sure how close the "feel" of the wiimote+ is on the dolphin, is it 100%? Cuz there is a tiny bit of lag for me kind of like ghosting if you remember how graphics used to be on old LCDs, not sure if its like that on actual Wii hardware

Well maybe there is a few tiny tiny parts of the game that aren't 100% accurately emulated but I didn't really care because it was barely noticeable Smile

As for a real Wiimote+ it's 100%, I didn't have a single problem even in the late late boss battles it was 100% accurate.
I am having troubles with the beetle i cant seem to control it..anyone else encountered the same problem?the IR is original and works flawless except for this case
(11-28-2011, 04:26 PM)kickstand Wrote: [ -> ]I'm stuck where link pulls the goddess sword out of the stone inside of the statue. The sword pulls out fine but when i hold it up i the air it charges but doesn't go into the cutscene like it should, instead the sword just keeps continously charging. Using 7719 with all the recommended settings. Anyone else had this problem?

Edit: I temporarily switched over to v3.0-204 and the sword charged while going into the cutscene afterwards. This seems to be a bug with 7719. I'm somewhat aurprised that nobody else has ran into the same issue yet.
(11-29-2011, 07:20 AM)kdma Wrote: [ -> ]I am having troubles with the beetle i cant seem to control it..anyone else encountered the same problem?the IR is original and works flawless except for this case

Is "Skip EFB Access to CPU" enabled? Then that might be the cause for it to haywire.
Try to disable "Skip EFB Access to CPU" and see what happens.