Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

lilz1234

(11-20-2011, 10:26 PM)kturcotte Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2011, 10:16 PM)lilz1234 Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys am a new user and i bought the game today willing to play directly on my pc as i do not own a wii but it seems that i need a wii motion plus so my question is...do i need a nunchuck too as when you start the game it asks you to connect the wiimote and the nunchuck to the accessory motion plus? or maybe i just have to emulate in hybrid the nunchuk with my xbox360 controller and connect the wiimote and motion plus to the pc?
do i have to buy them all( wiimote+wii motion plus+nunchuck)?
i hope i didnt make any mistake in my spelling as i'm not am english born...thanks to direct me to the right choice..
kindly lilz

Yeah, you're going to need the Wii Motion+ controller and the nunchuck. Too late now, but you SHOULD have bought the Collector's Edition as this came with a Wii Motion+ controller. That's what I did since I sold my Wii, and it came with the ORIGINAL Wiimote anyway. Not sure what country you're in, but go to your local video game shop and just tell them you need a Wii Motion+ controller and extra nunchuck. DON'T mention anything about Dolphin or emulation or anything as it's just likely to confuse them. If you already have one of the Original Wiimotes, just tell them you need the Motion+ adapter (And the nunchuck too).
Also, make sure you have a Sensor Bar too. I discovered this thanks to the forum here. Luckily, I had an extra wireless one that came with the Bundle I bought the Wii and everything with. Not sure if wired will work or not (Not sure of the connector on it).

thanks now i really know i cant play without the whole stuff,,,im in india for now ...now i need to find a wiimote +motion plus adapter+nunchuck and a sensor bar and a usb bluetooth adapter...wow i hope i can find some second hand wiimote and nunchuck...thanks again

Hytemis

will i be able to run this on my specs?
Intel Core Duo
CPU P7450@ 2.13GZz 2.13GHz
4gbRam
NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M
Windows 7 32bit
Helvetica-did you have any luck with Bluetooth adapters today?

terraphantm

(11-20-2011, 03:45 AM)terraphantm Wrote: [ -> ]I was playing around with this game in Dolphin, and while the game looks beautiful, the banding issues were bugging me. So I tried setting EFB copies to "RAM" and the background effect was near perfect (added some jaggies, but still looked better overall). Obviously there was a significant performance drop though.

So I went and enabled every performance option I could see, and oveclocked my GPU a little. I found setting OpenCL to enabled dramatically improved my framerate (near full speed in the forest setting). However, updating to the latest radeon drivers seemed to have caused my framerate to drop back down to pre openCL levels. And now disabling it seems to have no effect. At first I thought maybe it was the particular environment, but I went back to the same place where I noted the near 100% framerate, and it was still reduced (about 65%)

System:
Windows 7 Enterprise x64 (it's not pirated, I've got a legit VLK)
Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.0GHz - HT Enabled (obviously overclocked, but it's prime stable)
6GB DDR3 RAM
ATi Radeon 5870 1GB at 950/1250
Catalyst 11.11 drivers (I think the old drivers were 11.9)
AMD APP SDK 2.5

Graphics Settings:
Direct3D 11
3x Native Resolution
Scaled EFB Access from CPU
EFB Copies - RAM (Cache Enabled)
Texture Cache Accuracy Fastest
External Frame Buffer disabled
Fast Mipmaps
Disable Per-pixel Depth
OpenCL Texture Decoder
AA/AF are disabled

I guess I'll try installing an older version of the OpenCL stuff to see if that brings my speed back. If anyone has other suggestions, my ears are open.

Also what's more of a bottleneck, my GPU or CPU? I've been meaning to treat myself to an i7 980 (6 core), but if a GPU upgrade would give be a better performance boost, I'll go for that instead

Hey guys just want to update my post.

I finally found the ATi OpenCL driver that I had before updating, and installed those - my framerate went back up. It does dip every now and then, but it usually stays between 25 and 30fps (as oppsed to the 15-30 I was getting before). Don't know why the newer version breaks OpenCL support - I guess that's ATi's bug though

I cannot use AA at all - the graphics become really messed up.

Since OpenCL seems to really help my performance - would getting a second (less expensive) video card for GPGPU purposes help performance? Or can Dolphin only use the the main GPU for that stuff?

Edit: This is with whatever version is the latest official release. Using the v204 causes my framerate to back to pre-opencl rates.

Edit 2: Eh, forget trying to run 3.0. R7719 runs much better for this game. Can run 8xAA 16xAF at 1080p with no framerate drop, and the background looks perfect!

Windmill

Hey guys Smile

Really want to play Zelda. But my rig isn't the best Big Grin here are my specs.

Win 7 Professional
Intel Core duo, 6600 @ 2.4 ghz
2 gig ram
Geforce 9600 GT

So like.. I don't know. Is that enough (somehow)? I've played around with the settings and used recommended ones. In small rooms I get 40 fps but in bigger rooms and in Skyloft I go under 25 fps to like, 15-23 fps.

djlild7hina

bought a new graphics card hd5850 haha.. upgrade from my gts 250. hopefully i'll be able to use some AA and dx11 without frame drops. now debating if I should upgrade my i7 860 to i7 2600k
(11-21-2011, 01:57 PM)kturcotte Wrote: [ -> ]Helvetica-did you have any luck with Bluetooth adapters today?

Yes!

(11-21-2011, 02:45 PM)Windmill Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys Smile

Really want to play Zelda. But my rig isn't the best Big Grin here are my specs.

Win 7 Professional
2 gig ram
Geforce 9600 GT

So like.. I don't know. Is that enough (somehow)? I've played around with the settings and used recommended ones. In small rooms I get 40 fps but in bigger rooms and in Skyloft I go under 25 fps to like, 15-23 fps.

Unfortunately a rig like that will tremble at the demands of Skyward Sword. It doesn't stand a chance.
I'm assuming you are playing the PAL version, which also means you are playing with 60 FPS as opposed to 30 in NTSC. If you are somehow talking about NTSC, then dear god your computer is a magician, but if it's PAL, and if PAL is using 60 FPS, then what I said before still holds true, your computer just can't do it, and no amount of setting tweaking will help.
(11-21-2011, 03:45 PM)Helvetica Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2011, 01:57 PM)kturcotte Wrote: [ -> ]Helvetica-did you have any luck with Bluetooth adapters today?

Yes!

Win 7 Professional
2 gig ram
Geforce 9600 GT

Unfortunately a rig like that will tremble at the demands of Skyward Sword. It doesn't stand a chance.

Nice! Have to order it once I get my check! Just wish I could find a WIRED sensor bar!
(11-21-2011, 03:49 PM)kturcotte Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes!

Win 7 Professional
2 gig ram
Geforce 9600 GT

Nice! Have to order it once I get my check! Just wish I could find a WIRED sensor bar!

I like the wireless sensor bar, but I admit it can be annoying at times. I only have one battery recharger and even though it can take both AA and AAA, it only has 4 slots. I have 4 devices needing batteries, my Wii Remote, Xbox controller, Headset, and that darn sensor bar. Problem is, the bar uses 4 AAA so I can never charge my other stuff when I'm Dolphin'in. Still though, not having to power on my Wii and deal with my remote switching allegiances is nice.

Also, it's good to see that I'm not that only one who noticed the awesome concept of just buying the collectors edition to get a Wii Motion+ remote. Too bad I already had one.
(11-21-2011, 03:55 PM)Helvetica Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2011, 03:49 PM)kturcotte Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes!

Win 7 Professional
2 gig ram
Geforce 9600 GT

I like the wireless sensor bar, but I admit it can be annoying at times. I only have one battery recharger and even though it can take both AA and AAA, it only has 4 slots. I have 4 devices needing batteries, my Wii Remote, Xbox controller, Headset, and that darn sensor bar. Problem is, the bar uses 4 AAA so I can never charge my other stuff when I'm Dolphin'in. Still though, not having to power on my Wii and deal with my remote switching allegiances is nice.

WISH I could find one that just had a USB connector on it!!!!