Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-19-2011, 11:22 AM)Patass Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2011, 11:15 AM)Helvetica Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2011, 11:07 AM)Patass Wrote: [ -> ]I have this issue where i'll move around and some textures will have like a window of lame ness surrounding them. Like it'll cut out some of the fence or make something else jaggy as seen in this picture. Any ideas? Using the setup in the original post.

[gigantic picture]

Do you have AA turned on? Each AA setting provides a different result, I got similar problems when using 2x.

Seems the same regardless of what I choose. Under DX11 there are many more options than 2x, 4x, etc.

That's very strange, I know for a fact using anti aliasing will produce those graphical glitches. Any AA, regardless of sampling will have some kind of problem. AA should not be used with this game at this time, nor is it really even needed if you have a high internal resolution. But you said it's not AA settings causing it...

Can you post all the settings you are using?

Link5033

I did a search on google and on these forums but couldn't find an answer to my problem.

I am at the Ancient Cistern dungeon and after getting the first small key there, when I try to use it on the locked door directly in front of the entrance of the dungeon, my game freezes. I have had no problems yet whatsoever through the whole game until this point. As soon as I use the key, it acts like the door is going to be unlocked, then right as the middle keyhole part of the chain is about to hit the ground, it just freezes. The sound still plays however. It just gets stuck with no further animation.

Any1 have any idea?
(11-19-2011, 11:29 AM)Helvetica Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2011, 11:22 AM)Patass Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2011, 11:15 AM)Helvetica Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2011, 11:07 AM)Patass Wrote: [ -> ]I have this issue where i'll move around and some textures will have like a window of lame ness surrounding them. Like it'll cut out some of the fence or make something else jaggy as seen in this picture. Any ideas? Using the setup in the original post.

[gigantic picture]

Do you have AA turned on? Each AA setting provides a different result, I got similar problems when using 2x.

Seems the same regardless of what I choose. Under DX11 there are many more options than 2x, 4x, etc.

That's very strange, I know for a fact using anti aliasing will produce those graphical glitches. Any AA, regardless of sampling will have some kind of problem. AA should not be used with this game at this time, nor is it really even needed if you have a high internal resolution. But you said it's not AA settings causing it...

Can you post all the settings you are using?

I disabled AA completely and changed my internal from 2x to 4x and it looks amazing now. I'm seriously blown away. Thank you.
(11-19-2011, 11:36 AM)Link5033 Wrote: [ -> ]I did a search on google and on these forums but couldn't find an answer to my problem.

I am at the Ancient Cistern dungeon and after getting the first small key there, when I try to use it on the locked door directly in front of the entrance of the dungeon, my game freezes. I have had no problems yet whatsoever through the whole game until this point. As soon as I use the key, it acts like the door is going to be unlocked, then right as the middle keyhole part of the chain is about to hit the ground, it just freezes. The sound still plays however. It just gets stuck with no further animation.

Any1 have any idea?

Just revision swap till you get past it, the game can be completed, as mentioned by a previous poster. Be persistent.

(11-19-2011, 11:42 AM)Patass Wrote: [ -> ]I disabled AA completely and changed my internal from 2x to 4x and it looks amazing now. I'm seriously blown away. Thank you.

You are quite welcome.

Link5033

(11-19-2011, 11:43 AM)Helvetica Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2011, 11:36 AM)Link5033 Wrote: [ -> ]I did a search on google and on these forums but couldn't find an answer to my problem.

Any1 have any idea?

Just revision swap till you get past it, the game can be completed, as mentioned by a previous poster. Be persistent.

(11-19-2011, 11:42 AM)Patass Wrote: [ -> ]I disabled AA completely and changed my internal from 2x to 4x and it looks amazing now. I'm seriously blown away. Thank you.

You are quite welcome.

Thanks man! Worked after changing revisions!
i'll just wait for Wiimote + emulationg next rev's

im buzzy now with Wind Wacker + Twilight Princess + Rayman Origin + Kirby return to dreamland
sorry for this question but, a 2.4ghz quad core is able to run this at decent fps? or is this really needs a heavy processor?
I changed my IR sensitivity to lower and it seemed to help somewhat. Grabbing a USB dongle today to see if the blue tooth is the issue. That will leave either my cheap wireless IR (which i'll wire tomorrow) or the remote itself, which i just bought off ebay.

Hmm
(11-19-2011, 01:08 PM)samos101 Wrote: [ -> ]I changed my IR sensitivity to lower and it seemed to help somewhat. Grabbing a USB dongle today to see if the blue tooth is the issue. That will leave either my cheap wireless IR (which i'll wire tomorrow) or the remote itself, which i just bought off ebay.

Hmm

Test everything on an actual Wii, process of elimination. I have an OEM eBay sensor and remote from Hong Kong. Had trouble in Dolphin, thought it was the Chinese knock offs. Worked magnificently on my Wii, went back to Dolphin and changed some settings, and then bam, worked perfect.

Just make sure you test every scenario before jumping to conclusions about faulty hardware. Friendly advice based on personal mistakes in that area.

(11-19-2011, 12:57 PM)channjose Wrote: [ -> ]sorry for this question but, a 2.4ghz quad core is able to run this at decent fps? or is this really needs a heavy processor?

Unfortunately I really doubt 2.4 ghz will keep you stable at 30 FPS. 3.4 would probably perform quite well though, especially if it's a newer i5 model.
(11-19-2011, 12:57 PM)channjose Wrote: [ -> ]sorry for this question but, a 2.4ghz quad core is able to run this at decent fps? or is this really needs a heavy processor?

not good bro..need more powerfull CPU..at least 3.0 ghz