Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems with the pal version we can get 60fps...
Is that true ?

gwongming

I double posted on this and another thread - but I thought my post would be looked at more on this thread. Please may a mod delete from the other thread, apologies for double posting.

But yea, would the game run on "Ok" setups btw? My specs are below on my sig. I want this game badly - I found that it worked pretty well, somehow - loaded up the Wiimote warning signs then the calibration of the Wii motion plus was successful, but I couldn't "point" my wiimote to my laptop because I don't have the sensor. For Dolphin noobs like me - I ordered this:

http://www.focalprice.com/GW156B/Wireles...rrency=GBP

And for less than five quid, this was better than me making my own DIY version.

And also, would Dolphin support game controllers - say if I bought the classic controller to connect to the wiimote to play the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess? I sold the Wii version off and some other games after running into some money problems over the summer this year, and may look to sell my Wii off soon - after finding out about Dolphin Big Grin But call me cheap, I'm broke to the bone atm, hence pirating masterpiece games like this.
(11-23-2011, 12:33 AM)akskiller Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone get any slow downs when z targeting and talking to someone? Happens to me with the OP settings. Dont know if its my pc or not.

I posted earlier about this issue, but yes. very peculiar.

SuperRob

(11-22-2011, 02:42 PM)pablovi Wrote: [ -> ]Finally managed to get it working! Whit revision r7719 on a iMac i7!!!

Quad Core i7 2.9 Ghz
Ati Radeon 5750 1 Gb
12 GB RAM

Settings are...

Quote:Disable "Skip EFB Access from CPU" to fix the pointer accuracy
- Disable "External Frame Buffer"
- Disable "Cache Display Lists"
- EFB Copies should be enabled only with the "Virtual" checkbox.

it runs at +30 FPS in native resolution and about 26fps at 720p

I could never got it to work on Windows 7 64 bit running on the same machine with bootcamp, I always get 0 FPS and a black screen.

What's odd is that I've got a Mac mini (i5 at 2.5Ghz, 8GM RAM, Radeon 6630M 256MB video RAM), and mine apparently runs better than yours. I'm using the same build/settings as in the first post. I get 30FPS solid indoors, and about 25FPS outdoors, running at 1080p. I'm running in Mac OS X Lion native (no Bootcamp).
Has anyone tried an upgrade from 4gb to 8gb ram and seen a difference in speed? I'm around 22fps around skytown or whatever you call it, and 30FPS in dungeons, but that's all at native resolutions.
(11-23-2011, 03:33 AM)SuperRob Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2011, 02:42 PM)pablovi Wrote: [ -> ]Finally managed to get it working! Whit revision r7719 on a iMac i7!!!

Quad Core i7 2.9 Ghz
Ati Radeon 5750 1 Gb
12 GB RAM

Settings are...

Quote:Disable "Skip EFB Access from CPU" to fix the pointer accuracy
- Disable "External Frame Buffer"
- Disable "Cache Display Lists"
- EFB Copies should be enabled only with the "Virtual" checkbox.

it runs at +30 FPS in native resolution and about 26fps at 720p

I could never got it to work on Windows 7 64 bit running on the same machine with bootcamp, I always get 0 FPS and a black screen.

What's odd is that I've got a Mac mini (i5 at 2.5Ghz, 8GM RAM, Radeon 6630M 256MB video RAM), and mine apparently runs better than yours. I'm using the same build/settings as in the first post. I get 30FPS solid indoors, and about 25FPS outdoors, running at 1080p. I'm running in Mac OS X Lion native (no Bootcamp).

Yeah, that's odd. I'm running it on Snow Leopard, maybe that's it. In Bootcamp I can't get it to run.
I think 4gb is enough ram, you need powerful CPU to make wii games work probely! Also decent GPU wont hurt you. But with wii games you should have at least 3ghz dual core.
Just to warn anyone with an actual wii, you might want to do the very last battles on the system. The entire last 30 minutes of the game was really laggy for some reason even though I played through the game at a mostly constant 30fps. At the final battles it kept jumping from 25fps to 30fps randomly. The credits were even worse, going down to 15-17fps. Had to watch the credits on youtube while they were still rolling on dolphin XD
(11-23-2011, 05:07 AM)Perunapaa Wrote: [ -> ]I think 4gb is enough ram, you need powerful CPU to make wii games work probely! Also decent GPU wont hurt you. But with wii games you should have at least 3ghz dual core.
GPUs surely help too! I have a GTX 460 and I have the program MSI Afterburner. I have overclocked my GPU (I can turn the overclock on and off instantly while playing Dolphin) and according to the FPS counter I get a good 2-3 FPS boost when overclocking the GPU. So you can definitely see a boost from the GPU. But with all this said, my setup is not cheap. I spent a good $30 for an aftermarket GPU cooler. If you want to gain a little bit more power out of your system for this game make sure you have GOOD-GREAT cooling in your system and overclock your CPU and GPU. Dolphin is very demanding. If you can OC your CPU to 3.6GHz or above you should get much better frame rate. If you don't know what you are doing, educate yourself first before you even attempt to OC anything in your system.

does anyone know where dolphin puts its cache files? im going to try and use a W7 junction to RAMdrive them, and then see if that makes a difference.