Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-27-2011, 08:34 AM)jeseravi Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone!

I have a computer with the following specs: i7, Windows 7, 64 bit, ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 Graphics, Dx11
I'm trying to emulate on the r7719 revision.

My question is why can't I emulate faster than about 10 fps at any given time? The fastest I've seen it run is at around 50% outdoors and about 70% indoors. I use real wiimotes, use the recommended settings, and have tried many different revisions with no noticeable improvement. Any suggestions?

How fast is your CPU? It could have someting to do with your CPU and or video card not being able to handle the demands of the game. You do have a laptop right?

jeseravi

(11-27-2011, 08:58 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]have you unticked RAM/ticked "Texture" in EFB Copies?

yes I have.

Quote:How fast is your CPU? It could have someting to do with your CPU and or video card not being able to handle the demands of the game. You do have a laptop right?

I have 1.73 Gz, and yes I do have a laptop. idk that may be the case. However I've run many other games before and I've never had an issue with them.
@ milkmandan: Read the first post (FAQ)
@jeseravi: lol, sorry, but that CPU is just waaay too weak for Dolphin.

jeseravi

@stripthesoul

what kind of Gz is acceptable / good then? I have a pc with 2.5 gz and am planning on getting a new one soon.
(11-27-2011, 09:24 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]@ milkmandan: Read the first post (FAQ)
@jeseravi: lol, sorry, but that CPU is just waaay too weak for Dolphin.

ahh i see it.
hmmm
either change to RAM and suffer performance decrease or use r7719.

but doesn't the motion+ emulator (from this thread http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=20167) require replacing the dolphin.exe? we're gna lose the motion+ control basically making the game impossible to play?
@ milkmandan: Sorry, I don't know about all dat emulated motion+ stuff. I have a real one of those.

@jeseravi: What you gotta understand is an emulator is not a PC game. Dolphin only needs a "decent" graphics card, but it needs a high end CPU because it does most of the work. So 2.5 GHz won't be enough, either (for a few games maybe, but not this one.)
Well, you can see my specs, and I can play this game with native x3 resolution with slowdowns only in a few places. So you shouldn't get anything below quad 3400GHz.
(11-27-2011, 09:48 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]@ milkmandan: Sorry, I don't know about all dat emulated motion+ stuff. I have a real one of those.

@jeseravi: What you gotta understand is an emulator is not a PC game. Dolphin only needs a "decent" graphics card, but it needs a high end CPU because it does most of the work. So 2.5 GHz won't be enough, either (for a few games maybe, but not this one.)
Well, you can see my specs, and I can play this game with native x3 resolution with slowdowns only in a few places. So you shouldn't get anything below quad 3400GHz.
my bad, this entire time, i've been thinking needed to emulate the motion+ even though i have it legitmately.

guess we'll wait and see if v3.0 gets fixed then. i tried it on r7719 and its beautiful even the background is sharp.

name selection and game selection is still a PITA though :\
anyone know how to fix that?
it is almost impossible for me to correctly type in my name. the horizontal movement for the wiimote during that section beyond difficult to move.
Hi im in the final temple and everytime i load my save state i hear the music but the screen is black. Ive been primarily using 7719 but occasionaly switch to 201 for the trials because 7719 crashes on those parts. Anyways, can someone help me make my save file work? ive tried various dolphin builds and end up with the same issue. Although ive had the occasional graphical hiccup here n there, the game has been running fine so i doubt its my specs but im desperate right now :|, so id RLLY appreciate if someone could help me out.

My specs are: 4 gigs dd3 ram, windows 7 64 bit, intel i3 550, and ati 5450 1 gig

Smashman2

How can I up the fps to 60? I'd like to stream, but I lose 10 fps, from 30, when I try to.
Cheers.
So I'm running all the settings from the first post on 7719 (Have tried the newest ones too but this one seems to work better) and am able to run this game but very slowly, it's always around 40% speed and <20 FPS. IE unplayable. I've tried lowering the AF down to speed it up and I never have any AA on and that still doesn't help.
I don't think it's a problem with my rig since it's pretty decent.
Intel i7 920 @ 2,66GHz
9GB RAM
Nvidia geforce GTX 470

Any idea how to make this game playable? been trying different configs for days now and none have helped.