Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That depends on the system afaik.

Ususally, OpenGL is the slowest backend. Direct3D11 is faster than OpenGL, but slower than Direct3D9.
I think something is wrong with my game because it looks like complete ass.

I had played the game in a friend's house (on wii) and it did looked bad and with jaggies, and it was also like 3 months ago, so I dont know if my memory is failing but I just got it working on emu and it looks horrible, like with huge amounts of aliasing, makes me want to gauge my eyes out with a spoon.
it looks NOTHING like in the pictures...
You need to use the latest build. 3.0 is an official build, but it's old and this game was improved since then. http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html
(05-07-2012, 07:31 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]You need to use the latest build. 3.0 is an official build, but it's old and this game was improved since then. http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html

I use the revision posted in the OP, which is apparently the best for the game.
I still have a severe "tearing" effect on walls and far backgrounds.
the ground looks fine, but the landscapes and such (like looking at the statue of the goddess from the knight's academy) makes the walls look "teared", if I get close to a wall it looks horribly teared.
I'm not sure if this is what you guys call banding, but I have a severe issue with it, and I already set AF to 16x and no AA, it didn't helped one bit.
according to the wiki, there was a new revision which screwed up the AF fix, so maybe that's the probleM?

EDIT: here's a screenshot of the game.
Its windowed, because for some reason if I try to take the screenshot while on fullscreen, dolphin crashes.
[Image: soup011.png]

If you cant see what I mean, look closely at the door, the texture looks completely "ripped", as if it was shattered glass.

and yes Im using 16x af, no AA and the internal res is set at native, I can set it at 2x (above that I get unplayable framerate) but it makes no difference aside from making the game slower, so I just leave it native
(05-07-2012, 07:31 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]You need to use the latest build, this game was improved since then. http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html

(05-07-2012, 08:26 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2012, 07:31 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]You need to use the latest build, this game was improved since then. http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html

guess i'll give it a try...
But does this means I need to start the game over again? where are save files located so that I can dump the file I was using?

EDIT:

that revision doesn't has WM+, Im pretty much of a newb and dont know how to "implement" the WM+, all I know is that the emu must have it on its own, it's not something you can add...or am I wrong?
Just copy the entire user folder across to the new build.
K I managed to fix everything, got a very good build that was working very nicely and the best 360 controller profile and got everything working fine (no banding effect either)

but I just found something very odd with the build...
The first time I used it, the game was running fantastically good...like above 24 fps in all areas, even in open ones, i;d just get drops at skyloft plaza, and they weren't even that bad. again I had 16x AF, 0 aa and 2x native resolution.
Then I stopped playing for like half an hour and I started again on the same build, and it was nowt going at like 14 frames outside, and I would just get above 20 on the insides, the interiors would give me a very smooth framerate, I dare to say it was constant 30, but as soon as I got outside it dropped like 15 frames...why? if it was working fine the first time I used it? it was in the same area at all, and the settings were exactly the same...I even lowered the internal res to 1.5x instead of 2x and got no improvement.

Then after the bird race and the wing ceremony, when zelda asks me to go for a ride, the game started going super fast and skipping frames, it would stutter a lot during the cutscene because of how fast the game was going...the weirdest part was that the framerate was normal, among 14-30 yet it was going super accelerated and filled with stuttering.
I thought it was just the cutscene but the problem persisted after it, I left it where you have to chase Fi. I even restarted dolphin and nothing...the issue still persisted.
any ideas?
Hi

i have a problem.I have a xbox360 controller.I have this message "connect a nunchuk to the wii" only with zelda.Other games working.What is my fail?Thx
(05-09-2012, 06:15 AM)lusti0 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

i have a problem.I have a xbox360 controller.I have this message "connect a nunchuk to the wii" only with zelda.Other games working.What is my fail?Thx

Show wiimote settings (although I think I know the problem already Big Grin)